Heading to Green Bay again and have a few questions.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope you're all well.

I'm visitng Green Bay from the UK again this year. I'm going to be in town for the 49ers game. Really excited, and can't wait!

I have a few questions, if someone can answer, I'd be really pleased :)

1) Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get from Austin Straubel airport to roughly around Lambeau Field?

2) How bad is the traffic after the game? And would it be easy to get a taxi back to the hotel? (Last time I was in GB, I used a package type deal, so game-day transport was included).

3) Where is the best place to tailgate? I tailgated at Brett Favre's steakhouse last year, but I fancied something different.

4) Is there any where cool to hang out the night before the game?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might think I get paid by them but to answer #3 for you I highly recommend checking out Marty's Boston and Crab for the pregame. $35 all you can eat and drink, also you can listen to the yahoo's from the local sports radio show. Plus free parking and rides to the game.

sandyslm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get from Austin Straubel airport to roughly around Lambeau Field?
If you are going right from the airport to Lambeau 10 minutes.

2) How bad is the traffic after the game? And would it be easy to get a taxi back to the hotel? (Last time I was in GB, I used a package type deal, so game-day transport was included).
Traffic is better about an hour after the game. I would say walk to a local bar and have them call a Cab for you. you may have to wait but it is fun to party after a win also!
3) Where is the best place to tailgate? I tailgated at Brett Favre's steakhouse last year, but I fancied something different. I like to go to The Bar on Holmgren Way, they usually have a band and it is usually a Great time. You could also go back after the game for the Cab. There is also Stadium View next door and Anduzzi's accross the street. sometimes we just walk around to all 3.
4) Is there any where cool to hang out the night before the game? The places above are always fun the night b4 a game.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up :)

I'm not mega into sea food, but I may check it out.

They also have the usual brats and burgers but it would be expensive if you're not into seafood.

I can vouch for The Bar on Holmgren Way AKA The Bar West. It has a million television screens and is a short walking distance from Lambeau. Wings are delicious there and always specials going on for the game.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Pack Attack UK,:

I checked out the taxi situation at Airport by making a phone call to Bay Transportation who operates fleet of Taxis.

Bay Transportation told me that it is $17.00 to take a taxi from The Airpor t to Lambeau Field area..

I also asked them about taxi situation at Lambeu Field. Bay Transportation said all Taxi's at Lambeau Field are parked at an area near Krolls West Restaurant. and are waiting for customers after the game . Just find the South west end of Parking lot in West Parking lot. Kroll West is directly across the Ridge Rd from Lambeau Field West parking lot. intersection of Valley View and Ridge Rd. There is Cop directing
traffic on that corner. Walk across the Street and Kroll west is right on the corner. There will be out door tailgating party going on in Front of Krolls West in their parking lot. The taxi will cost you $20 to take you to any location in Green Bay.

The Taxi driver should know howto get you out of LF area quickly. There is lots of traffic, around LF , when the game ends.

There is a new Restaurant and Bar with Entertainment with in Walking Distance of LF. called Tom.**** and Harry's. it just opened in August. It is located on 835 Potts Ave. Get to East LF parking lot. Go south on South Oneida Street. The first Street south of LF is Potts ave and it intersects S. Oneida Street from the left. Tom, **** and Harry's in about 1/2 block from S. Oneida Street on the right side of the Street. If you look across the street from this Bar/Restaurant ,you see the South end zone of new Ra y Nitschke Practice Field.

Tom,**** and Harrys' website is; www.tom****harrys.com

Look for my next post under this topic containing information on possible "get together " for Packer posters and Tailgate parties on Packer/49er game weekend.

Until my next post on this topic-- Oh yes!If you Have any questions- Please ask them and I will answer them

Pwt36 (Phil) Green Bay born and raised- now live in DePere, Wi .located just 5 miles from Lambeau Field .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts