Heading to GB 7 to 12 Aug 2011

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First I would like to say I am a long time GBP fan (from River Falls WI originally). I am taking my nephew (college student) with me to GB in Aug. It's my first trip there and his 3rd. I would like to visit the pro shop (get some trinkets), and attend some practices. See the new trophy (eat your heart out Viking fans). Mainly I want to attend some training camp practices.

I recall that there are bleacher seats available?

Are training camp practices open to the public?

Can anyone attend them?

Cost $$?

Time of day?

I just want to get a get look at our new rookies and guys coming off IR...See how they look on the field...

I got a great deal at the Aloft Green Bay Hotel for the week, and it seems to be relatively close to most things.

Any advice on Restaurants, Micro-Breweries (mmmm beer), Fish Boils, or other activities.

We will bring our own mountain bikes so we will be able to "go green" (like how I fit that one in?)....

Darth:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is from last year but it should get updated soon..

Packers Training Camp » Practice Schedule

Bleachers are there, but get there EARLY to get good seats..Will fill up fast, since I never got to sit there I am not sure if there is a cost, but I didnt see anyone give any ushers money, or there isnt a ticket window anywhere for it either.

Most of your question can be found there

Also help on other stuff

http://www.packerforum.com/f19/come-here-help-questions-answers-green-bay-23573.html

But keep checking that training camp link..Will have the dates and times of practices.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Restaurants.....St. Brendans Pub on Washington St in Downtown Green Bay and Titletown Brewery on Dousman St just across the Ray Nitschke Bridge downtown have the two best beer selections in Green Bay. Without question. St. Brendans has a lot of classic European pub type selections, and Titletown Brewery brews all their own beer and its all Packer themed. My favorites are the Johnny Blood Red Ale and the Tony Canadeo Gold Pilsner. Delicious. They also have an excellent menu and very nice billiards room. They also have the old Packer statue of the guy catching a football that used to be on display in front of the Hall of Fame.

I try to stress this to everyone on here......Go to the East side behind Green Bay East High School and visit City Stadium. The Packers have erected some very cool monuments and statues there. For any true Packer fan its a must see. Enjoy your stay in Green Bay. Its truly the best city around and I am so lucky to live here and have grown up here.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of trails for riding your bike. The Fox River trail costs $4 and goes from downtown GB, through East De Pere and into Greenleaf. I've never done the East River trail but I think that one is free. Much of Ashwaubenon and even certain parts of GB have bike lanes now, too. I'm not sure if you planned on doing much bike riding, but I figured if you were bringing a bike you may want to ride it! You could even ride to Packers practice. Would be much easier than driving. They are completely free and the seats fill up real fast, so if you want a bleacher seat get there early.

I echo the Titletown suggestion. Downtown in general has some nice area places to eat, particularly on Broadway (it's a street).

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you very much!!!

It sounds like we will have many choices for for entertainment.

I have read the Packers practice schedule and it looks like they are early evening practice times (around 7 pm start times). This means we can enjoy some of the other attractions during daylight hours. Although I may have to get a light for my bike to ride back after practice...would suck to get ticket for that.

Also, the microbrewery beer mentioned sounds delicious!! I am a huge microbrew fan...and I believe good beer IS a food group!

Family...good food...good people...it doesn't get any better than that!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts