Headed to the Packers Game Sunday! This is my wifes first Lambeau game

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that my post count is low, but I have been here before (just could not remember what my old info was and have changed emails a few times since).

Either way, my wife and I will be going to Lambeau for her first home Packers game. I havent been up since Favres last game as a Packer (he threw the OT pick in front of me, and it is hands down the coldest my soul ever felt).

She is a born and bred Colts fan and was a die-hard when Manning went down a few years back. She didnt fold like a LOT of Colts fans did that season (guess when I *knew* she was the one?).

I think it is funny that she is a Colts fan who is openly rooting for the Packers week in and week out, who can do that for me when I am screaming at the TV, while also cursing at her game and players for messing up. She knows the game, knows the rules and knows when they mess up.

I say all this to point out that even she thinks those of you who are being fair-weather and wishy washy are sad fans.

She has been a 1/2 time Packers fan for 4 years, and she has more loyalty than I have seen from some posters on here recently.

I am still rooting openly for my team. I am not questioning if we are going to win. I am not thinking about getting injured players back. I am looking at the next game and thinking WIN.

Are there holes? Do we have coaching issues? Do we have lack of enthusiasm? All yes.

Does this make me root for *injuries* to happen to expose these? Does this make me think about the 10 Free agents we should bring in to *put us over the top* next year and kill our salary? Does this make me think we are better off *tanking* the rest of our season for a better draft pick?

No.

So I say all this because I wanted to share a good story. I am bringing another fan into the fold. I am bringing my wife to Green Bay for the first time, and I hope she sees what I have been telling her about for 5 years.

The greatest fans in the world who will always root for the home team to win.

She gets enough fair weather fans down here in Indy.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh... And she also roots for our lowly Brewers. And now hates Prince Fielder.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will also be going to my first game in GB in a while and my wife's first. Can anyone tell me where the guy selling the Fire Capers shirts will be located so I can get one before they sell out!!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great perspective. You may want to warn your wife that she will probably become a full-time Packer fan after her first Lambeau experience.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing you're taking her to this week's.
Maybe you two will get your monies worth this time?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh... And she also roots for our lowly Brewers.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
From that pic it looks like either the Brewers or she can't make up their minds about which logo they prefer. LOL :confused:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back SJB. I did some work a few years ago on the Carmel City Center. I remember that the mayor really loved roundabouts. It's all that he could talk about.

You are right about the fans. People love to toot their own horns about the great Packers fan base. We are no different than any other team, with ardent defenders and ardent detractors sitting cheek to cheek.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing you're taking her to this week's.
Maybe you two will get your monies worth this time?

Amen to that! cus i went to my 1st ever Packers game against Philly and wanted to cry from all the money i spent and the drive from Texas back to texas i was dreading. the People were great tho..that's what really made the trip because the team stunk it up.

Reaction score
I know that my post count is low, but I have been here before (just could not remember what my old info was and have changed emails a few times since).

Either way, my wife and I will be going to Lambeau for her first home Packers game. I havent been up since Favres last game as a Packer (he threw the OT pick in front of me, and it is hands down the coldest my soul ever felt).

She is a born and bred Colts fan and was a die-hard when Manning went down a few years back. She didnt fold like a LOT of Colts fans did that season (guess when I *knew* she was the one?).

A Packer fan from the Indy area? Great to hear! Your wife's first visit to Lambeau? I am so consumed with ENVY that I just changed my "like" rating for your thread to "WINNER." :tup: I am a "much" fossilized Packer fan since the late '50's and of course, endured the good with the bad years. There's nothing a fan can do when your team gets decimated with injuries even before the season begins and you just have to play the hand your dealt and let the chips fall where they may until players return. It may seem pretty bleak at this point, but we're just a game behind in the division race. Get this game Sunday and go from there. As long as the Chicago Bears are in this division and have Cutler itching to return, that's always a good sign b/c McCown has been getting some very very lucky breaks and is playing out of his mind. And as long as Schwartz is on the Lion sidelines, well.....'nuff said!

Good for your wife for not jumping ship on her beloved Colts when things went south for them.
I remember quite well those years when the Colts fans showed up wearing the paperbag head gear. Tell her that this entire Terre Haute area bleeds BLUE for the Colts, although I'm still dumbfounded b/c this has always been a baseball town. But the Colts-Terre Haute lovefest began when Indy held their training camp at Rose-Hulman for years before going back to Anderson recently. I thought with their decision to move back to Anderson resulting in the loss of summer revenue for this cesspool city businesses, that the honeymoon may be over, but our local "rag" still prints a daily page of Colts news to digest. It's the state team.....just not mine :cool:

I have a born and raised in Wisconsin die-hard Packer backer friend living just a few blocks from me who is trying to score some tickets for us and two Packer buddies of ours for either the Steelers or Falcons game. He said you haven't "lived" until you have attended a game at Lambeau! I have never even been to Green Bay to get a drive-by look at the stadium :mad: I'm praying he can come through for us b/c it is a dream of a lifetime for me to be sitting in the stands in Lambeau watching my beloved Packers and wearing my cheesehead and Packer parka risking becoming a human popsickle while devouring a brat and slamming down many brewskies and it won't matter one iota to me what our record may be at the time. And I think it may have been "Longtimefan" mentioning several times here that he would take ANY tickets discouraged people may want to get rid of. Me too!

Hey, good luck to the Carmel Greyhounds in the Class 6A State Championship vs Warren Central. Bouncing the Terre Haute schools out of the MIC was a blessing in disguise as now both, TH North & TH South can finish a season with much less of a depleated roster from injuries now that they have been lowered to Class 5A and in a conference where they can possibly have a winning season. Terre Haute North is ranked #2 and I just can't see it, but they play at Indy Cathedral tonight. I think the party ends early for the North Patriots' run at State.

Enjoy the game, have a great time and cheer us on to victory![/quote]

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it is funny that she is a Colts fan who is openly rooting for the Packers week in and week out, who can do that for me when I am screaming at the TV, while also cursing at her game and players for messing up. She knows the game, knows the rules and knows when they mess up.

I say all this to point out that even she thinks those of you who are being fair-weather and wishy washy are sad fans.

She has been a 1/2 time Packers fan for 4 years, and she has more loyalty than I have seen from some posters on here recently.

I am still rooting openly for my team. I am not questioning if we are going to win. I am not thinking about getting injured players back. I am looking at the next game and thinking WIN.

Are there holes? Do we have coaching issues? Do we have lack of enthusiasm? All yes.

Does this make me root for *injuries* to happen to expose these? Does this make me think about the 10 Free agents we should bring in to *put us over the top* next year and kill our salary? Does this make me think we are better off *tanking* the rest of our season for a better draft pick?

No.

So I say all this because I wanted to share a good story. I am bringing another fan into the fold. I am bringing my wife to Green Bay for the first time, and I hope she sees what I have been telling her about for 5 years.

The greatest fans in the world who will always root for the home team to win.

She gets enough fair weather fans down here in Indy.
She's going to love you even more than she does now when you waltz her into Lambeau.
It will take her breath away.
Oh yeah, and the Packers will win this one for you.
Bet on it!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I've only been able to make that pilgrimage once so far in my life...I hope its not the last for sure....Even though we lost, it was the best time I've ever had at a football game! She will never forget it!:inlove:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts