Head to head with Ted - 1st Rd 2016

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you know better than TT who the Packers should draft? Well here is your chance to prove it. Or even if you just want to play along and see how you do compared to our GM, give it a go.

As soon as the Packers are on the clock, post the player you would take here in this thread. No editing later. And discuss picks in other areas, keep this thread clean so we can look back in a few years and see who really is smarter than TT. Not everyone has access to the net during the draft so be honest and post who you would have taken later. I myself will be busy at Lambeau and TT hates it when I am on my phone. Kidding of course, but I will be at the draft party. No posting for first round after 2nd round starts. Maybe start new thread for that round.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Amish, and for all the time and effort you put into the other draft contest thread.
This one is more up my alley with my limited time. What I do every year is rate the top 5 or 6 at each position of need- or most likely for the Pack to lean towards- then rank them together regardless of position. When the team comes up, I make my pick out of my list.
Got a feeling there could be some surprises tonight.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I trade down as an option?
No. The idea is to compare your picks to Teds. As you can't actually work out a trade, you have to go by Ted's picks. Besides, people would say, 'Trade our #27 for the #36, #39 and #53 pick' and that isn't fair.

This has been talked about a few times.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My pick; Reggie Ragland. (10:03 central time)

For the record, Amish, that is my pick.
If the aorta thing is dropping Ragland, then my #2 pick would be Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're goin' to 'Bama again; top 3 from there all still available for us.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the clark pick. Love it. But how can tt pass on ragland? Or reed for a nt?

My pick here is...........ragland.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a mistake. I'm not saying Clark is bad, but the draft is so deep at the position that taking him at this point was much less justifiable than filling a hole with an equal talent in a position of desperate need.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, by the time we pick again, they'll be a dropoff in Dline quality. If they wanted Clark or one of the 'Bama guys, had to go now.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, by the time we pick again, they'll be a dropoff in Dline quality. If they wanted Clark or one of the 'Bama guys, had to go now.
NT is really not that important. Ragland would have 120+ tackles and could justify moving Matthews praise, compared to the 30 or 40 of an NT.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure speculation here ~ wondering if TT was looking to trade #27? Denver moved-up to #26 to get Lynch, so theorizing that #27 was for sale and Denver wanted to get ahead of us? TT used most of the time alotted & submitted pick with 1 minute left on the clock, so think the phones were ringing.

Don't mind the Clark pick, just hoping he turns-out better than Butler, Reed, & A. Robinson. Very surprised how many quality D players still left on the board for our pick.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NT is really not that important. Ragland would have 120+ tackles and could justify moving Matthews praise, compared to the 30 or 40 of an NT.

I disagree about NT in the 3-4, Patriot. I agree with Carl in the shoutbox last night; NT and pass rushing OLB are most important to a 3-4's success.

Members online

Latest posts