He WANTS to come back!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you either make do with what you've got or go after people that you think fit. if you don't get those people, then you do with what you have.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, matt. every player TT doesnt get, is the best player ever! dont you see! TT is driving the stake into the heart of the franchise!

oooga booga!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or you go out and get better...

Do you mean to tell me that none of you think that Larry Allen isn't better than what we currently have on the OL..?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
or you go out and get better...

Do you mean to tell me that none of you think that Larry Allen isn't better than what we currently have on the OL..?

See I wanna say yes, but also wanna say no.

Dallas didn't use zone blocking and we do. Look at the OL who excel in zone blocking and they differ from those who excel from a different scheme.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the scheme doesnt matter, its all about what we know as fans...

oh wait, its not...

sorry, its not madden football.

let the GMs and Coaches do THEIR jobs. :roll:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, Larry Allen would never had worked. There is no way he fits the zone blocking scheme

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
porky88 said:
[quote="bozz_2006":rbl12dad]he said he was either going to stay in dallas or go back to california. it wasn't even worth trying. do you think it would do any good for any other team to 'go after' brett? i am going out on a limb and saying there was no conceivable possibility of larry coming to GB?

Allen wouldn't work in the zone scheme anyways... :lol:

People just need to fine an excuse to bash TT and then make it TT vs Favre.

..and maybe the zone scheme needs to be "adjusted" to fit the personnel that are available...unless TT doesn't care if he has to wait until 07/08 to find his precious "zone blocking personnel"...

What if he can't find the right guys to execute this "zone blocking"..what do you do then...forfeit the season..or figure something else out..?[/quote:rbl12dad]

You don't sign a guy that doesn't fit your scheme. You sign a guy because you think he's a good fit. The Patriots the modern dynasty taught us that. Are you expecting Thompson to buy a Super Bowl? That's what it sounds like. Allen was 36 and wouldn't fit. Why sign someone who has very little chance to adjust to what we're trying to do?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
P@ck66 said:
porky88 said:
[quote="bozz_2006":3pva2j6g]he said he was either going to stay in dallas or go back to california. it wasn't even worth trying. do you think it would do any good for any other team to 'go after' brett? i am going out on a limb and saying there was no conceivable possibility of larry coming to GB?

Allen wouldn't work in the zone scheme anyways... :lol:

People just need to fine an excuse to bash TT and then make it TT vs Favre.

..and maybe the zone scheme needs to be "adjusted" to fit the personnel that are available...unless TT doesn't care if he has to wait until 07/08 to find his precious "zone blocking personnel"...

What if he can't find the right guys to execute this "zone blocking"..what do you do then...forfeit the season..or figure something else out..?

You don't sign a guy that doesn't fit your scheme. You sign a guy because you think he's a good fit. The Patriots the modern dynasty taught us that. Are you expecting Thompson to buy a Super Bowl? That's what it sounds like. Allen was 36 and wouldn't fit. Why sign someone who has very little chance to adjust to what we're trying to do?[/quote:3pva2j6g]

yeah, you dont adjust the entire scheme for one AGING, DECLINING lineman. thats ridiculous. good stuff guys.

I hope the zone scheme works out.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok well to me its extremely obvious Favre wants to play. He thinks that drafting players make an impact a few years later. He has to know that isnt always true. Look at Nick Collins and Lofa Tatupu and Rotheslesburger.
A good thing that he said was he was forggetting about the bad year and remembering the good times, which good bring him to think I want that again lets do it. So i wouldnt be that suprised if he waited until the draft to annonce it. But i think im 75/25 on him coming back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

oh wait, its not...

With respect to your comment, we as fans have a job to do as well and thats to be 'fanatic'. Some of us go a negative route that I'd rather not see, but ... what can you do?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:

...yeah..but what if it doesn't...??

You've just spent 2-3 years looking for guys who are nimble on their feet for a failed scheme...and drove your HOF QB into retirement.....

(Did all of SherRossley's "schemes" work out for the Pack...)

My point is...until you find these "zone blocking guys"..you have someone good in there...and why not a perennial all-pro like Larry Allen...?

(oh wait..I forgot..TT has a "plan"...3 or 4 years down the road..once Favre is long gone..!)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, for once Tro, I agree with you. I think its perfect for young guys. It is really a simple technique. I honestly think that you need the right kind of lineman to do it, and just fast and mobile are not going to cut it. You need a guy that is fast and mobile and TOUGH as nails. The problem is the top guys in the Draft are big bulky guys.

Jean-Gilles and Lutui really don't fit the part. I think guys like Kevin Boothe from Cornell is an awesome fit in round 3. He should have no trouble moving to guard.I know its a smaller school but the guy has won numerous first-team honors and such. Check him out

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... oothe.html

Another Guy who fits the mold that we could get later is Chris Kuper. Seems the secret may be out with him however. Another good guy who should be there for 1 of our 2 5th round picks. Hers is bio

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... kuper.html

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

oh wait, its not...

With respect to your comment, we as fans have a job to do as well and thats to be 'fanatic'. Some of us go a negative route that I'd rather not see, but ... what can you do?

I agree, being critical is indeed part of it (some bash, which is not the same thing).

but isnt having faith in the organization part of being a fan? Not pretending to be GM and condemning move after move, as if they need your seal of approval?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah, for once Tro, I agree with you. I think its perfect for young guys. It is really a simple technique. I honestly think that you need the right kind of lineman to do it, and just fast and mobile are not going to cut it. You need a guy that is fast and mobile and TOUGH as nails. The problem is the top guys in the Draft are big bulky guys.

Jean-Gilles and Lutui really don't fit the part. I think guys like Kevin Boothe from Cornell is an awesome fit in round 3. He should have no trouble moving to guard.I know its a smaller school but the guy has won numerous first-team honors and such. Check him out

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... oothe.html

Another Guy who fits the mold that we could get later is Chris Kuper. Seems the secret may be out with him however. Another good guy who should be there for 1 of our 2 5th round picks. Hers is bio

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... kuper.html

cool stuff pyle

but some of the draft guys are big and bulky, but they are young, and have good knees( i hope!) so losing weight shouldnt be asking much. Kevin Barry is doing it as we speak..er...type.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

You've just spent 2-3 years looking for guys who are nimble on their feet for a failed scheme...and drove your HOF QB into retirement.....

(Did all of SherRossley's "schemes" work out for the Pack...)

My point is...until you find these "zone blocking guys"..you have someone good in there...and why not a perennial all-pro like Larry Allen...?

(oh wait..I forgot..TT has a "plan"...3 or 4 years down the road..once Favre is long gone..!)

We don't know how the zone blocking will work with the Packers, yet. We DO know it works great for the Broncos(Davis, Anderson, Portis, Droughns, etc) and Atlanta.

Let's hope we can emulate their success.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem Pack66 is that this scheme is probably the best one to run with newer guys. You cannot tell one half of the line to block straight up and one half to block zone. Even if you brought in Allen you still got a young guy on the other side. How did that old blocking scheme work out last year?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

well with the guys we have(our OC) the track record and history is pretty good

but im sure it wont work this time, cuz TT is the GM, and hes bad luck..or something...right :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The question is. How well would an older linemen (who could be set in his ways) adapt to a whole new blocking scheme?

Reminds me of the old dog new tricks quote.

I think it's easier to train new guys a new scheme then get older guys to buy into a new scheme.

Remember grandpa still doesn't use the remote!! He'd rather walk up to the tv an change the channel because he has CONFIDENCE that it will be changed where as with a remote he doesn't feel the same confidence. If its not broken, why fix it? <-- I think that is kind of how Allen would view the new scheme.

On the other hand I could be completely WRONG and Allen could be extremely MOTIVATED by learning a new scheme that could add YEARS to his career.

We simply do not know :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I am of the theory that it would PROBABLY be harder for an older lineman to adjust.

which is why I love the draft, get some nice big taleneted kids in, plug them in where we need, hopefully fix this ****** O-LINE!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think learning the new scheme would be hard for Allen or Hutchinson or anything like that to pick up on.I would be SHOCKED if they never had any experience with it in college or high school. Hell my 9 year old son knows the basic concept of zone-blocking.

The problem is that Allen is not equipped to do it. He's to old and to slow these days. Not a good fit for the scheme at all. Getting the concept and executing it on knees that held up 300+Lbs for over 2 decades or so, are two different things

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
...I think its perfect for young guys. It is really a simple technique. I honestly think that you need the right kind of lineman to do it, and just fast and mobile are not going to cut it. You need a guy that is fast and mobile and TOUGH as nails. The problem is the top guys in the Draft are big bulky guys.

You mean like Grey Ruegemeyer...Pyle?

Wasn't he let go by TT?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, so now grey was great. i cant wait till robert ferguson is released, you will bash him on how "He let one of Favres favorite targets go."

you're amazing

Members online

No members online now.