He WANTS to come back!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is up to TT and MM to convince him that they are a better team. If TT truly believes they are he should be able to convince him of this.

I don't think Favre left any doubt as to what he wants to do. You can see it in his eyes and you can hear it in his voice. I'm not ripping TT that's just the way it is.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
I'm not so sure I agree with that fully. The language he used (them, they) made me a bit less confident about is return. I was 75/25 on him coming back yesterday. Now its only 65/35.

That is wierd.....I heard us and we..."I don't know if we got better.."

I guess it's different throughout.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he is waiting for an improved o-line, hes waiting till april 29th-30th, possibly june.

he has to ask himself, if he has faith in TT to make those moves. if he doesnt, thats fine, then he should retire, for his own sake.

if he does think TT can do it, then come back, and get this ball rolling.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree....but what's wrong with TT trying to convince him that he will be making a move or two to make this team better. Woodson?

It would have been nice to get you know who. Brett would definately be here if they signed T.O. It definately would have been a statement.

Please don't turn this into a "T.O. sucks" thread.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it's not like the draft will help out with that "impact" player he's wanting, he said that he would be long gone before any of those guys made an impact.

The only bright spot I got from the pc (it's not much) was that it's getting easier for him to forget 4-12. Like I said, it's not much, but I'm tryin' here.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
And it's not like the draft will help out with that "impact" player he's wanting, he said that he would be long gone before any of those guys made an impact.

The only bright spot I got from the pc (it's not much) was that it's getting easier for him to forget 4-12. Like I said, it's not much, but I'm tryin' here.

Unless it's Reggie Bush! But I think it is clear he wants to see OLmen signed. Doesn't seem to be any out there right now.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
DePack said:
mattresell said:
I'm not so sure I agree with that fully. The language he used (them, they) made me a bit less confident about is return. I was 75/25 on him coming back yesterday. Now its only 65/35.

That is wierd.....I heard us and we..."I don't know if we got better.."

I guess it's different throughout.

I guess that's true DePack. He did use both first and third person. Maybe it was because it was early. Maybe it was because he is tired of the "are you coming back" questions, but he just didn't seem too enthusiastic about football next year.

I still would guess he's coming back. I'm just not quite as confident as I was 24 hours ago.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
It is up to TT and MM to convince him that they are a better team. If TT truly believes they are he should be able to convince him of this.

I don't think Favre left any doubt as to what he wants to do. You can see it in his eyes and you can hear it in his voice. I'm not ripping TT that's just the way it is.

The ball is in TT and MM's hands now. Bretts got them on the playing field now.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has to balance the future of this team with Brett's all out call for a fire sale. Its a delicate line. TT has done a decent job in bringing in FA's, other than the bag of **** kicker. I think Brett is right for wanting a good team around him, but TT can't just mortgage the future for 1 year on the other hand.

I think they will get this worked out in the proper fashion. Compared to last year TT has made tons of moves. It's definitly in TT's court. You have to be realistic however. You are not going to get every guy you want.

I think that Woodson would be enough for Brett at this point. Woodson is definitely doable as well. Though I personally don't like Woodson, it would make our Def. much better. Woodson and a promise of some O-lineman in the draft is about all TT can provide at this point. If Woodsonis not signed I think it will definitely spell the end of the Favre Era.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry Allen is nearly 35 years old. Over the long haul teams DO NOT improve by signing older, quick fix players like that. We are not going to win a Super Bowl next year with or without Allen. That money is better invested in a younger player who can contribute for a longer period of time.

I understand this is a hot topic of debate on this forum, yet I'm not sure what the logical arguement is for signing players such as Allen. I'd be happy to hear it though if you wish to indulge.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Allen can still play..many OL play into their upper 30's...

Allen's been an all pro and is a mean somofa*****...besides..who else do you have now...ROOKIES!

That's what you should be laughing at..only it's not funny...

What would have been the big deal in giving him a 2 year contract? Especially when you have to develop the guys under him...?

It's not all or nothing you know...TT can build for the future..but also sign players that would help you win NOW!

basic GM 101...but he seems to not have learned that..! Wolf did...

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a fari arguement 66. The only question I have is the terms if his deal with the 49ers. We always have to consider what we're willing to pay for a player like that and whether or not he would accept a short term deal. Do you know what kind of contract the Niners gave him?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Allen can still play..many OL play into their upper 30's...

Allen's been an all pro and is a mean somofa*****...besides..who else do you have now...ROOKIES!

That's what you should be laughing at..only it's not funny...

What would have been the big deal in giving him a 2 year contract? Especially when you have to develop the guys under him...?

It's not all or nothing you know...TT can build for the future..but also sign players that would help you win NOW!

basic GM 101...but he seems to not have learned that.! Wolf did...

I agree we should have grabbed any OL with solid experience, especially a former PB'er with SB experience.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not that much dough..and we had the dough..

I mean..you could at least try right..That's what FA is supposed to be all about isn't it? To try and go for the FA's that are available and where your team has a need.

TT seems to me to have a very "passive" approach to all of this...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he said he was either going to stay in dallas or go back to california. it wasn't even worth trying. do you think it would do any good for any other team to 'go after' brett? i am going out on a limb and saying there was no conceivable possibility of larry coming to GB?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he said he was either going to stay in dallas or go back to california. it wasn't even worth trying. do you think it would do any good for any other team to 'go after' brett? i am going out on a limb and saying there was no conceivable possibility of larry coming to GB?

Allen wouldn't work in the zone scheme anyways... :lol:

People just need to fine an excuse to bash TT and then make it TT vs Favre.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was about to reiterate that point bozz. Thanks for doing it for me.

66, you make a good case fot TT's general direction this offseason but I think your off base on this particular player. It seems that there's little to no chance that Allen would've considered coming to Green Bay even if TT tried. It's important to remember that free agency is a 2 way street. Having the funds and the desire to sign a player isn't enough. The player must have the desire to sign with you as well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
It's not that much dough..and we had the dough..

I mean..you could at least try right..That's what FA is supposed to be all about isn't it? To try and go for the FA's that are available and where your team has a need.

TT seems to me to have a very "passive" approach to all of this...

how do you know what was tried and what wasnt? oh yeah, you know everything. :roll:

my mistake.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
porky88 said:
bozz_2006 said:

Allen wouldn't work in the zone scheme anyways... :lol:

People just need to fine an excuse to bash TT and then make it TT vs Favre.

..and maybe the zone scheme needs to be "adjusted" to fit the personnel that are available...unless TT doesn't care if he has to wait until 07/08 to find his precious "zone blocking personnel"...

What if he can't find the right guys to execute this "zone blocking"..what do you do then...forfeit the season..or figure something else out..?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did TT say he didn't even go after Allen? IF he did say that what did he say his reasons for not going after him were?

Members online

Latest posts