HC Capers?

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see Rams hiring a 67 year old defensive coach. Their problem has been offense. I've see these names rumored:
Kyle Shanahan
Josh McDaniels
Darrell Bevel
David Shaw
Paul Chryst

Highly doubt Chryst or Bevel are high on that list. Wouldn't be surprised if Shaw or McDaniels got the job.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bevell will get a shot somewhere. I think that he deserves it. The Rams will gravitate towards a big name coach instead of making the right decision. They will get the big name that keeps the fans happy, and then when that fails after two or three seasons, they will make a smarter pick.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Omg I would be so happy to get D.C. Out of here. The thing is unfortunately it won't happen this way. The Rams actually play good defense. Their woes are on the offensive side of the ball. They will target a guy who can fix that mess of an offense and groom Goff. I see this job going to Mcdaniels or Kyle Shanahan.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I just don't think Dom Capers will be getting any looks for a HC job because he's older than Tom Clements who hasn't had his name thrown in any hats in recent years, and he had his time as HC with limited success. However often your bad stints tend to get weighed heavier than your good ones, AKA his time at Houston that didn't go too well. I'm thinking at this point that he's just content to hold his position as DC, assuming he can hold it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about getting Gregg Williams as a D.C? Pending he leaves the Rams.

I don't think he's the kind of guy who embodies what Packer football is all about.

1. I don't mind a DC who comes in here and instills a toughness mentality like some of Sean McDermots defenses have done, but I don't want anyone preaching taking cheapshots or bending the rules to do something like that on other teams' QBs or what have you. That would be baggage that Gregg brings.

2. He runs a 4-3, would take a couple drafts and revamping of this D to revert back to.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's the kind of guy who embodies what Packer football is all about.

1. I don't mind a DC who comes in here and instills a toughness mentality like some of Sean McDermots defenses have done, but I don't want anyone preaching taking cheapshots or bending the rules to do something like that on other teams' QBs or what have you. That would be baggage that Gregg brings.

2. He runs a 4-3, would take a couple drafts and revamping of this D to revert back to.

No it wouldn't. You have the players already on the roster to play a 4-3.

Blake Martinez ilb
Jake Ryan SOLB
Clay Matthews WOLB
DE Dean Lowry
DT Mike Daniels
DT Kenny Clark/Guion
DE Fakrell
*Secondary remains the same.

I did this all based of Perry, Peppers, and Jones not being in Green Bay next year. Even if they resign any off the 3? you have three natural D-ends right there. So to say they don't have the personnel is false...because they clearly do. It's just the Fact of the matter of them wanting to go back to it or not.

H

HardRightEdge

No it wouldn't. You have the players already on the roster to play a 4-3.

Blake Martinez ilb
Jake Ryan SOLB
Clay Matthews WOLB
DE Dean Lowry
DT Mike Daniels
DT Kenny Clark/Guion
DE Fakrell
*Secondary remains the same.

I did this all based of Perry, Peppers, and Jones not being in Green Bay next year. Even if they resign any off the 3? you have three natural D-ends right there. So to say they don't have the personnel is false...because they clearly do. It's just the Fact of the matter of them wanting to go back to it or not.
Perry might be a better 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB, and I'm confident the Packers will go a long way toward signing him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry might be a better 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB, and I'm confident the Packers will go a long way toward signing him.

Agree 100%. If you watch Perry he's probably the best "olb" they have against the run. He sets a mean edge, and rarely does he lose leverage. If the guy could just freakin stay healthy... But he can't. I have a feeling tho some team is going to offer him a boat load of money and TT will get outbid. I see Detroit as a realistic landing spot.

H

HardRightEdge

Agree 100%. If you watch Perry he's probably the best "olb" they have against the run. He sets a mean edge, and rarely does he lose leverage. If the guy could just freakin stay healthy... But he can't. I have a feeling tho some team is going to offer him a boat load of money and TT will get outbid. I see Detroit as a realistic landing spot.
Yeah, he's developed into a true 3-down OLB (or DE as the case may be). It sure took long enough, but still those guys are hard to find and get paid awfully well. For some odd reason, he plays better when Matthews is on the field and it doesn't have anything to do with where the double teams are applied. The injury history is an issue:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/nick-perry-player-injuries

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point, I just don't think Dom Capers will be getting any looks for a HC job because he's older than Tom Clements who hasn't had his name thrown in any hats in recent years, and he had his time as HC with limited success. However often your bad stints tend to get weighed heavier than your good ones, AKA his time at Houston that didn't go too well. I'm thinking at this point that he's just content to hold his position as DC, assuming he can hold it.

I agree that Capers most likely won't get any future head coaching offers but with his career record you have to realize that he coached two expansion teams for the first four years of their existence.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arent the lambs expansion for the most part anyway? Who else thinks Rick **** had something to do with Jeff Fisher's departure.(?)

I can picture Dom in the press box half asleep in the second half in LA as a head coach...not.

Where is Lane Kiffin when you need a stellar 3-13 showing next year? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts