HC Capers?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caught part of a radio interview with Kevin Greene. He was asked about choices for the Rams job, and Dom was his choice.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jeez, I thought for a second it was about Capers in the head coach job HERE !!! Deep breaths, Deep breaths !

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got the impression there's bad blood between Payton and Williams because of the way the Saints ran up the score on them.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are some big names... Id love to see chucky back on the sideline... What about the last Steelers coach, whats his name? And how does L.A. get to put long standing coaches like Payton and I read Carrol!? I mean that getting pretty brave.....

As far as Capers goes. I think he is a Hall of fame coach with a lot of respect in this league. The fact GB "fans" are disrespecting him fairly consistently, might lead him to leave... I read he was chosen to be head coach and major contributor to the coordination of building the first Texans, and first Panthers squads..... That is huge props...And leads me to think the Rams might want that kind of experience to build their L.A. franchise...

He seemed to become stagnant as a head coach though, and was better as a defensive coordinator. His true expert field. It takes a special organization to have a man like that take a job that is not #1 head honcho coach... Says a lot about McCarthy and Capers as men. Id be curious to see if Capers strategy as a Head coach hasnt changed after being in the system of the Greenbay Packers for almost a decade? Id bet is has...

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And bring on Kevin Greene! LOL! I can only expect to see the kill first attitude he brought on the field, as a coach, with relation to strategy..... You want a pass rush? Hire one of the best pass rushers of all time to organize the attack.

Makes sense...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And bring on Kevin Greene! LOL! I can only expect to see the kill first attitude he brought on the field, as a coach, with relation to strategy..... You want a pass rush? Hire one of the best pass rushers of all time to organize the attack.

Makes sense...
Speaking of that, I remember reading a really good article to the contrary once. The gist of the theory was that superstar athletes (Gretzy, Jordan, etc.) struggle as coaches because they were so naturally gifted that they didn't have to work as hard to master the subtleties of their games. On the flip side you'd see career backup QBs or second-string players that worked their tails off to get better but never had the full set of athletic skills to put it all together. Those folks tend to be better (or so the theory goes) teachers because they had to think more about how to put it all together.

Then again, I agree with you about Greene. His tenacity worked well as a linebackers coach. IMO it's another whole ball of wax to determine if he's got the chops to call defenses, create new ones, play chess with the opposing QB, and make constant in-game adjustments to counter their counters. As Han Solo once said, "This ain't like dusting crops Boy."

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd welcome Kevin Greene back with open arms.
I'll never forget him walking out on the field in the Super Bowl, locking eyes with CM3, and telling him, "It's time."

Sky King

Reaction score
Most likely, youth will be served. That could also include a younger (than 60-ish) coaching re-tread. Moving would be an easier sell to a prospective coach's family, as well - even a teen. Dom's age would probably trump his resume anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

Chances are Dom isn't getting fired now from here. Would definitely be a win win. He moves on and we can go after K GREENE possibly.

I wouldn't consider Greene as a candidate to replace Capers once he's done as a defensive coordinator in Green Bay.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd welcome Kevin Greene back with open arms.
I'll never forget him walking out on the field in the Super Bowl, locking eyes with CM3, and telling him, "It's time."
I remember that. And Mathews went out and got the ball. Took it right out of the ball carriers hands if I remember right. Lol

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely, youth will be served. That could also include a younger (than 60-ish) coaching re-tread. Moving would be an easier sell to a prospective coach's family, as well - even a teen. Dom's age would probably trump his resume anyway.
He's not that old. Like 65 or something like that...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of that, I remember reading a really good article to the contrary once. The gist of the theory was that superstar athletes (Gretzy, Jordan, etc.) struggle as coaches because they were so naturally gifted that they didn't have to work as hard to master the subtleties of their games. On the flip side you'd see career backup QBs or second-string players that worked their tails off to get better but never had the full set of athletic skills to put it all together. Those folks tend to be better (or so the theory goes) teachers because they had to think more about how to put it all together.

Then again, I agree with you about Greene. His tenacity worked well as a linebackers coach. IMO it's another whole ball of wax to determine if he's got the chops to call defenses, create new ones, play chess with the opposing QB, and make constant in-game adjustments to counter their counters. As Han Solo once said, "This ain't like dusting crops Boy."
Makes sense.

Members online

Latest posts