Hawk's Bird

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody else notice when AJ Hawk got a sack in the first half and he looked to the sideline and gave somebody the finger?! What the hell was that all about?

PLUS, last week after he got an UC call for when he reciprocated on that lineman, and the lineman flopped at the hit Hawk gave him--after that play, he tackles somebody on the sideline and very violently tries to punch the ball out. I thought that would've been enough for a call, but THEN he points at the ref and very clearly screams "THAT CALL WAS ********!! YOU KNOW IT!!!!"

He'll get a fine for what he did this week and probably should have for what he did last week. He needs to cool it or he'll get a nasty reputation in a hurry.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wonder what triggered it. I don't think we will be hearing anything straight from him about it though.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
just now watching the game, and just came up on that part.... regardless if it was provoked,.. Really AJ??
National televised game, with young ones watching,... ughhh

I'd be more impressed with you walking away from any provocation, than seeing you react with such a juvenile gesture.:unsure:

Awesome title btw!!! :tup: *and no thats not the middle finger! LOL!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were wondering about that too.

Was it the middle finger?
Whatever finger it was, could it have been some kind of signal to a coach or something?

Whenever someone gives me the finger (Not too often) or I see it, I reply, "That's nice. You are learning how to count to one."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just now watching the game, and just came up on that part.... regardless if it was provoked,.. Really AJ??
National televised game, with young ones watching,... ughhh

I'd be more impressed with you walking away from any provocation, than seeing you react with such a juvenile gesture.:unsure:

Awesome title btw!!! :tup: *and no thats not the middle finger! LOL!!!
I gave you a "like" because of your cute lil' disclaimer there at the end. :D

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
SOOO going to say if that ever happens to me again!..... now the wait....:whistling:

*i gave you the like for that sweet little bit of advice of what to do!!!

Reaction score
everyone swears and stuff during games, so it's not that big of a deal, but if it's caught on camera...

idk if he's gonna get fined for flipping off the sideline, but if he does, then can he at least flip off the right sideline and not ours.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a quote from AJ Hawk after the game:

“I guess it was on TV. I definitely wasn’t mad or upset with anybody. It’s kind of a running joke with a couple of my teammates. I guess we got caught up in an emotional game and sometimes forget it’s on TV. I definitely apologize to everyone if kids were watching and got offended. I understand and I’m sorry that got out there.”

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I realize that , but its hard for me to envision Rodgers or Driver giving the same response... you know? Dignity above all else I would hope. :)

I guess thats why I was so bummed to see Woodson throw that punch....:(

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well then maybe WAVE in fun... i don't know... eeeesh..now i feel bad!!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Here's a quote from AJ Hawk after the game:

I guess it was on TV. I definitely wasn’t mad or upset with anybody. It’s kind of a running joke with a couple of my teammates. I guess we got caught up in an emotional game and sometimes forget it’s on TV. I definitely apologize to everyone if kids were watching and got offended. I understand and I’m sorry that got out there.”

Apparently NFL games are nationally televised now, who knew?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Class act for him to release a statement like that.

At least he's not a T.O. or Roy Williams type player that would complain about it.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
class act??? Maybe more of a humble act I would say... but thats just me, I wish he would of restrained himself,.. especially since it was supposed to be a "joke" between players.. sheese... pick a less offensive gesture for joking around!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was fired up. I guess you can do some strange things in the heat of the moment. I don't see the media making a big deal of this. Doesn't bother me one bit, I rather found it amusing but I do have an odd sense of humor.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care that he flipped the finger. I know there's an infantile audience, but kids these days know fully well what that is. But that's another topic.

What I'm glad about is that that shows fire. People were starting to complain that Hawk had played for his contract and now was shutting down, well that's not shutting down, is it?

He knows he shouldn't have done it, but it shows anger, something that Hawks lacks more often than not. And that was a huge play, he made the correct read on the playaction and shooted through the gap.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he shouldn't have done an obscene jester on tv, but the fact that things like that happen is a good sign. Guys that give each other crap, flip each other off, and/or insult each other in a nonchalant way are guys that are good friends and are having a good time. They are playing loose, having fun out there, and got each others back.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a bad choice by AJ and he should be fined but at the end of the day it is only a finger. Hopefully doesn't happen again, even if it was just an inside joke with his teammates.

Hawk is one of my favorite players on the team, seems like an intelligent guy. I thought I was seeing things when I watched it live.

Members online

Latest posts