Hawkins time

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Carroll has to go. He is a serious liability. Penalties and deep receptions plague him. Admit your mistake Sherman. Give someone else a shot. By the way, that hands to the face call against Thomas was TOTAL b.s. It killed our momentum and cost us 7 points. We should have had the ball back, but the refs F'ed us in the A.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean to spin this into a defend MS angle at all, I'm just curious because I honestly don't know.

Is Bates or MS responsible for keeping AC in the game?

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really know either. Who knows who has the final say? There may be pressure from Sherm to play him or Bates may really feel he can be coached up. Either way, I feel he must go.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course Sherman has the final say in keeping Carroll in the game. He's the head coach. I wouldn't be in a rush to put Hawkins in there, anyway. Let him gain knowledge for a year rather than throwing him into the fire as a young rookie. That's what happened to Carroll, and it's part of the reason why he's struggled.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Carrol is still in the game because Hawkins is still very raw and of course that INT late in the game continues to show his potential he just has to live up to it. All in all I thought we would lose this game and McGinn said it was time for a Favre stinker and boy was he right about that
DeC

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Hawkins and I really think that Carroll is a decent CB but not a starting caliber one. He would be a fine nickel back. Time to find someone else. I wonder if the players ever read these forums. It would just start my engine if I knew people thought i sucked.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hawkins didn't do much better in his playing time. I'll stick with Carroll. Abuse him in practice a little bit.

Carroll is better than Thomas and Hawkins. That's been proven and we shoudln't forget it so easily.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a solid corner, a good middle linebacker and an impact lineman away from being a really good defense, but here is the key, Carroll just has very poor technique and it might be a coaching issue or it might be an intellect issue. Who knows? I do agree, it's time to end that experiment.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Who knows? I do agree, it's time to end that experiment.

With who? Deion Sanders? We have no one better on the roster other than Harris and I do believe it is against the law in the US to clone a human. D'oh!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Hawkins didn't do much better in his playing time. I'll stick with Carroll. Abuse him in practice a little bit.

Carroll is better than Thomas and Hawkins. That's been proven and we shoudln't forget it so easily.

Out of all the Packer players, I thought Thomas had the highest expecations before the season to take a step up, and he's taken about 3 steps back. He got chewed out and benched today for his hands to the face penalty.

His stock has risen and fallen more than any other Packer this season in my opinion. Many fans and coaches thought he'd replace Carroll in training camp as the starter.

For as many warts as Carroll has, he's probably still our best option to start opposite Harris.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
packedhouse01 said:

With who? Deion Sanders? We have no one better on the roster other than Harris and I do believe it is against the law in the US to clone a human. D'oh!

I would take the risk of being canned for some time :twisted: and clone Brett anyway !!!!!!

Maybe we can even get some DNA from Old Great Vince and get him clonned too!!!!

Then have them playing together with some clones from Hornung, Hutson, White, , etc !!!!!! Then we will beat everyother team !!!!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Zero2Cool said:
packedhouse01 said:

I would take the risk of being canned for some time :twisted: and clone Brett anyway !!!!!!

Maybe we can even get some DNA from Old Great Vince and get him clonned too!!!!

Then have them playing together with some clones from Hornung, Hutson, White, , etc !!!!!! Then we will beat everyother team !!!!

I'd love to see Brett toss it to a couple of Hutson clones. :D

I never got a chance to see Hutson play, but an article I read about him last week has me impressed.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That CB position is a liability and the Packers can never get to a Superbowl with that talent that must be upgraded. I would not be suprised if the first round pick was a CB.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
That CB position is a liability and the Packers can never get to a Superbowl with that talent that must be upgraded. I would not be suprised if the first round pick was a CB.
Dat dere wootnt sprise me neder speclly since dat harris guy ant no spring chiken eder.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought of that happening during the game too. A shutdown BIG corner would do wonders for this team. Depends of what the packers think of hawkins and thomas, both of which ahve a 3-4 inches on carroll. I hope hawkins gets the nod. He has as much speed as Carroll but isnt as heavy, but that can be fixed with a little wieght room action. Otherwise

Jimmy willimas V-Tech 6'3" 205 4.4

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of the day, GB hasn't been losing because of the defense this year. Breakdown all the faults of the defense right now and we still end up with our problems being on offense.

At times our offense looks great, but the majority of the time the offense disappears. How many times can a defense keep a team in the game turn-over after turn-over? Favre through 5 INTs on Sunday, giving the ball to Cinncy's high-powered offense in good field position. Still the defense continued to keep GB in the game by stopping that high-powered offense.

Our defense has given GB a chance to win many games this year, but our offense has not yet capitalized on any of those chances.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BR's right --- now certainly - - going into this Game --- EVERYONE.. knew that Cincinnati had the best turnover ratio in the NFL. I figured Brett would have one, or possibly two INT's - but, those deflections really hurt - in that scenario, the Bengals got very very lucky - and what's more -- THEY KNOW IT -- you could smell the fear near the end of the game right thru the TV screen... Brett may have been totally spent at the end of the game, but I'll vote him to stay for at least two more years - besides, his contract time left is still more than five years... I think it all depends on Deanna and then what they decide together... I hope he's around next year, too! TT can make the O-Line gel again.. and we're back climbin' that mountain.... Next year, Defense should be scarin' the crap out of everyone... We need to find us another Ray Nitschke -- You guys start lookin'...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts