Hawk trade rumor

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing that the Rams are interested in acquiring Hawk. The Packers are VERY interested in Chris Long. What I'm hearing is Hawk + 2nd rounder next year and 4th in 2012 for Chris Long. The hold up appears to be draft picks. Packers are OK giving up 2nd and 4th rounders but because of the potential hold out they aren't sure what years they can give up the picks. Also on the Lynch rumors, they are legit. If Lynch doesn't play on Sunday he will be traded to The Packers by Tuesday for Donald Lee and a 4th round pick that has escalater clauses that could become a 3rd.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Would be nice if a link or at least your source..You could be blasted since your sort of new (posting wise)

Very specific trade details though

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious how Chris Long fits on the team.... OLB?

He would play outside linebacker opposite Clay Mathews. He is 6'4" 273lbs and is a great pass rusher. If this deal goes down look for Green Bay to trade Brad Jones(instead of 3rd or 4th rounder) along with Donald Lee to Buffalo for Lynch. Jones is the guy Buffalo covets but Green Bay won't trade him unless they can finalize the Hawk + 2 & 4 rounders for Long.

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I would like to see both of these trades go down I wont believe it till I see it. And where do you find all of this stuff?

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news...

According to Packerbob of PackerForum.com, Packers look to deal a 3 way deal involving the Vikings and Patriots. The Packers will send out 2 unnamed players off the practice squad to each Vikings and Patriots, while receiving Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss...

Dam you Packerbob

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did post the earlier rumor, but that was an overheard on the radio thing and probably the announcer being retarded and thinking turner

its really a who knows situation, we have to wait until after the bills game for ANYTHING to happen anyway

i dont get why wed be getting rid of hawk to bring in another LB, we need CB help...that doesnt make sense

i just found out...hawk listed his house for sale

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbob must be that source ESPN is referring too everytime ESPN claims "According to our sources..."

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoses trades are steals for us, would love to see them both happen, but Packerbob seems to be full of a lot of BS

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Had something similar happen on another board and turns out the guy was dead nutts right on a "rumor" he posted that made no sense..

Few people slammed him (like whats going on here) and now he doesnt even post there any longer

I for one would WELCOME a insider here

But we wont know if he is right or wrong...Time will tell

So stop ragging on the guy until then

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to welcome an insider, but I believe its just some guy trying to jack up a bunch of packer fans.. those trades are extremely favorable for the Pack I cant see them happening..

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think D-Lee and a 4 makes it pretty obvious that these offers aren't credible, especially with credible sources claiming Buffalo turned down a 3 in the off-season. An aging veteran TE like D-Lee who's an average receiver at best would have less value to the Bills than a 7th rounder.

I know Bills management is one of the worst in the NFL, but come on...

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is that "On the sidelines" guy, I like his stuff (mainly because he is talking trades that I would love to happen haha) but I also would not want to give up Brad Jones, He's looked solid. If there is a trade for Lynch including Jones, it would only make sense that we are in talks with acquiring Chris Long. . . If we roll into week three with Chris Long and Marshawn Lynch as Packers, I will be f*cuking ecstatic. . .

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt read too much into Hawk having his house for sale. He knows he wont be here next year because of his salary so it would make sense in this market to start the process of putting it on the market.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is that "On the sidelines" guy, I like his stuff (mainly because he is talking trades that I would love to happen haha) but I also would not want to give up Brad Jones, He's looked solid. If there is a trade for Lynch including Jones, it would only make sense that we are in talks with acquiring Chris Long. . . If we roll into week three with Chris Long and Marshawn Lynch as Packers, I will be f*cuking ecstatic. . .

I thought Capers loved Jones too. Hard to imagine that they're going to give up 2 linebackers who have experience in the system in 2 deals within a week. Even if they were somehow discussing Brad Jones, I highly doubt anything would get done.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt anything will get done with these deals, these rumors always get my blood rollin and then nothing happens TT never pulls the trigger..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt anything will get done with these deals, these rumors always get my blood rollin and then nothing happens TT never pulls the trigger..

sometimes for the best. I wanted Tony Gonzalez (too lazy to google the spelling) but TT was right when he didnt pull the trigger.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a good run game, I like Jackson, but he isnt Lynch IMO, a fresh start for a guy like Lynch can be career changing... look at Benson, and IMO Lynch has more upside than Benson... Him and Rodgers are buddies, its just a great fit..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a good run game, I like Jackson, but he isnt Lynch IMO, a fresh start for a guy like Lynch can be career changing... look at Benson, and IMO Lynch has more upside than Benson... Him and Rodgers are buddies, its just a great fit..

I dont think we really need a good run game. Colts and Pats have been the two best teams over the past decade and neither have what anyone would call a franchise RB. well I dont think Addai is considered one but some people might.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had something similar happen on another board and turns out the guy was dead nutts right on a "rumor" he posted that made no sense..

Few people slammed him (like whats going on here) and now he doesnt even post there any longer

I for one would WELCOME a insider here

But we wont know if he is right or wrong...Time will tell

So stop ragging on the guy until then

You're getting hot. I do have 2 sources who know what is going on in the Packers organization. I am allowed to ONLY offor up the info. that has been OK'd by the source. There is a lot of stuff going on that I would like to reveal but can't. I know people want proof or supply a link to these rumors. I'm getting this from person to person contact. If I revealed all the info. that this source has provided, guess what-I would no longer have a source and my source would no longer have a job. 9 times out of 10 these rumors don't ever go down, but 10 times out of 10 they have validity. Things happen with teams getting gready at the last minute trying to hold another team hostage by trying to get a 1st rounder out of a team when they thought it could get down for a 2nd and 4th. I'm being accuse of making things up and if these trades don't go down I'm sure to take some hits around here. While I can't reveal who my source is I can tell you that he or she is also a source at another site.(people tend to like to chatter there (hint) I'll also tell you that sources as well as the organization do WANT to get the information leaked out there but ONLY so much. There is soo much more to these trade talks that I can't reveal. For me it's exciting being a Packer fan with some inside information but at the same time you can become unpopular very quickly posting on websites about the info you are allowed to reveal and then nothing materializes or there is a last minute change to the particulars of the trade be it players or draft picks.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sometimes for the best. I wanted Tony Gonzalez (too lazy to google the spelling) but TT was right when he didnt pull the trigger.

Actually he did, but KC jacked up the price at the eleventh hour. Otherwise we had a deal done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts