Hawk on Total Access

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have to part ways with a LB, it better not be Hawk. And I don't think it will be. He stays available, makes tackles, and he keeps his mouth shut.
Sounds like an ideal Packer.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Food for thought Or Fodder for the toilet?

Hawk is signed for another year. To complete that year he is owed a base salary of 10million. I don't know the extent of his contract but the Packers could end up owing him a lot more depending on performance, Pro Bowl appearance and playoff wins.

The Franchise tag (which doesn't apply i am just using it as a gage) for a linebacker is roughly 9.7 million for 2010. Do the Packers really have to cut him? I personally don't think he is worth that. Hawk doesnt seem to think he is worth that.

I wonder what TT thinks? I really thought he was dangling him as trade bait early in the season. Now that Hawk had a solid season and a SB to pin on him I think TT is drooling over the trade value Hawk has.

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is also loyal to his picks as we know, which Barnett is not and Hawk is younger and personally better at commanding the defense and like stated above. He gets the job done and goes about his business as a true professional. He is by definition a Packer. Sorry Nick but your time is up I'm afraid.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk does say in the video he hopes something can be worked out so he can stay. Sounds to me he is willing to re-negotiate to stay on the team. I certainly hope so, he is a great player and Packer. Hawk had a great year and has a lot of football left in him.

Members online

Latest posts