Hawk gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd be sad to see Hawk go. Although he had been average up until this year, he played great and was a baller. Never out for injury which is something you can't say for a lot of guys in the LB corp and we something we have to consider imo.

Would be fun to see Casey Matthews in Green and Gold opposite his brother, but I see that as a long shot.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
How many compensatory picks does everyone think we will end up with next season? My guess is 3.

Yup, 3 sounds about right. Does Kampman's injury effect anything or do they still get high value for him?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, 3 sounds about right. Does Kampman's injury effect anything or do they still get high value for him?

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. The 32 compensatory choices announced Monday will supplement the 223 choices in the seven rounds of the 2010 NFL Draft (April 22-24).

This year, the compensatory picks will be positioned within the third through seventh rounds, based on the value of the compensatory free agents lost.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed by a team is covered by this formula, which the NFL Management Council developed.

That was under OLD CBA

Who knows what they will have under the new one

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Dear Mr Hawk,
Plz resign with the Green Bay Packers for a 5 year 30 million dollar contract, thank you - PackersFans

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On character PLEASE keep Hawk. Epitome of a Packer, hard working champion. PLZ Hawk don't demand $10 mil. Pack Nation loves you dearly if you can play for $5 mil and punish offenses next season :)

CSchw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we keep either Hawk or Barnett, I'll be happy. They're both very good players and I don't think we can afford to have both of them on the roster with Bishop. TT will probably go out and draft a LB anyways to add to our depth.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did we renegotiate his contract yet? That's bound to happen soon.

Nope. Smart teams generally try and wait until the last minute possible to avoid paying unnecessary guaranteed money in the event the player suffers a career ending injury or something.

He'll be in year 3 of a 5 year deal. I would look for an extension for Clay sometime after this season, if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts