Having just watched the Pro-bowl

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The commentators mentioned how hard it hit the Packer players seeing the side of the stadium advertising the Superbowl, and how sunk in how close they were to it. I nearly threw my laptop out of the window in anger. YES !! IT SHOULD hit hard. I thought I was over it but Damn, I`m not. :mad:

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The commentators mentioned how hard it hit the Packer players seeing the side of the stadium advertising the Superbowl, and how sunk in how close they were to it. I nearly threw my laptop out of the window in anger. YES !! IT SHOULD hit hard. I thought I was over it but Damn, I`m not. :mad:
buggybill2003 - As a fan of all sports (especially Football and the Packers) I just can't stay away from ESPN, NFLN, etc. So to say these last couple of weeks have been hard to take is a major understatement. While I feel the Packers will be back, better than ever in 2015, I'm afraid this game will haunt me for a long time. Right when I think I am over it, just like you I am reminded by some article or commentator about the collapse...

H

HardRightEdge

"4th. and 26", which has it's won Wikipedia page, is well remembered by the faithful 10 years on, and will be well remembered for more years yet to come. That fateful game turned on just two key mistakes...the 4th. down pass itself and the Favre INT in OT.

The Seattle game was an epic collapse, with a string of late game missteps and mishaps, and it will be long remembered. You can move on, the pain might fade in the optimism of a new season, but the pain will nonetheless linger, at least until there is redemption, something the Favre-era team couldn't manage to provide.

OP
OP
I

Thank you gentlemen. My sedatives and a beer made me feel better :oops:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was Matthews I would have stayed well away from the Pro Bowl. As least to maintain the possible appearance of an injury.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was Matthews I would have stayed well away from the Pro Bowl. As least to maintain the possible appearance of an injury.

Why? He came back in after being with the trainers in time for the OT series. Who needs excuses? He was having an issue with his leg, came back in once it seemed ok. Dude needs no excuses for his play.

We need no apologists for the Pack. They got beat by the better playing team that day. Now on to next year. I think there are going to be some very motivated players next year. I would venture there is going to be a great sense of urgency on this team. GPG!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? He came back in after being with the trainers in time for the OT series. Who needs excuses? He was having an issue with his leg, came back in once it seemed ok. Dude needs no excuses for his play.

We need no apologists for the Pack. They got beat by the better playing team that day. Now on to next year. I think there are going to be some very motivated players next year. I would venture there is going to be a great sense of urgency on this team. GPG!

Hey, Matthews is what he is. He's a great defensive player. But on the big stage, when on the other side great players like Sherman and Thomas were gutting out far more obvious injuries while Matthews was on the sideline not being attended to as our SB hopes frittered away, the difference between a great defensive player and a true team leader is obvious.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"4th. and 26", which has it's won Wikipedia page, is well remembered by the faithful 10 years on, and will be well remembered for more years yet to come. That fateful game turned on just two key mistakes...the 4th. down pass itself and the Favre INT in OT.

The Seattle game was an epic collapse, with a string of late game missteps and mishaps, and it will be long remembered. You can move on, the pain might fade in the optimism of a new season, but the pain will nonetheless linger, at least until there is redemption, something the Favre-era team couldn't manage to provide.

4th and 26...

**** Favre's pick, 4TH and FLOCKING 26TH!!!!! WTF?!?!?

here we are 10 years later and this Packers defense is still finding the absolute most inexplicable ways to lose a football game.

Until people get it through their heads, including the front office people and the coaches that there is something horribly mentally and fundamentally wrong with the defensive side of this football team, we should all be prepared for more heartache and misery. But hey, at least we will win whole bunch of regular season games and worthless division crowns. Right? Right?

signed :sick:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This taste will not leave my mouth until it's washed away by another Super Bowl, and I realize that may never happen.

We were NOT beaten by a better team. We were beaten by a better coached team that did not give up, while "we" were slacking off, celebrating prematurely and making mental error after mental error.

The players SHOULD be embarrassed, I am. They don't have to publicly admit it but any player who doesn't have a lingering sickness in the pit of his stomach from this loss, has something fundamentally wrong with them

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th and 26...

**** Favre's pick, 4TH and FLOCKING 26TH!!!!! WTF?!?!?

here we are 10 years later and this Packers defense is still finding the absolute most inexplicable ways to lose a football game.

Until people get it through their heads, including the front office people and the coaches that there is something horribly mentally and fundamentally wrong with the defensive side of this football team, we should all be prepared for more heartache and misery. But hey, at least we will win whole bunch of regular season games and worthless division crowns. Right? Right?

signed :sick:

Good point. The problems with the defense are not recent and extend beyond the current coaches and general manager. Defense has lacked identity in Green Bay at least since coordinator Fritz Shurmer and Reggie White left town. Even at the end then, however; in SB XXXII and the '98 season things were starting to slip.

The Packers have gone through a least a half dozen coordinators and who knows how many other assistants and struggled with defense under 3 head coaches and 3 GM's. I think you might call that a club "cultural" or "institutional " fault.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Did someone bring up SB32??? Thanks a ton. THAT'S the one that haunts me. Holmgren was halfway up Paul Allen's crack already. Paul Allen is the reason I view the Seahawks as a scummy organization. There is nothing anyone can say, regardless of how rational sounding of an argument they make, will change my opinion.

OP
OP
I

Did someone bring up SB32??? Thanks a ton. THAT'S the one that haunts me. Holmgren was halfway up Paul Allen's crack already. Paul Allen is the reason I view the Seahawks as a scummy organization. There is nothing anyone can say, regardless of how rational sounding of an argument they make, will change my opinion.

You wont be rooting for them tomorrow then ?? :whistling:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am rooting for an overtime game in which somehow neither team is able to score for endless quarters until days pass and the commissioner is finally forced to declare no winner.

Reaction score

Yes. We beat ourselves which was stupid and that smarts
We learned the lesson that complacency becomes complicit and once again the 3 man prevent drop 8 sets precedent for preliminary elimination

Members online

Latest posts