1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Haven't been here in a while...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Apr 9, 2008.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So, we didn't have internet for a while so I haven't posted here in probably over a month. Finally got it hooked back up today, and I forgot how convenient the internet makes things. Can't think of the name of a movie?...look it up. What's Joba Chamberlin's ERA?...look it up. Haha!

Anyways, I caught up on some reading over the last weeks. I don't know if any of you have read Game Of Shadows, but I highly recommend it. It's all about the whole BALCO and steroid mess. The book wasn't as centered on Barry Bonds as I thought it'd be, but he is the biggest name mentioned in the book. I didn't watch any baseball games for a few days after I read it, because all I could do is look on the field and wonder who is still juicing. But, I love baseball too much to stay away for very long. I've been catching as many games as I can to make up for it.

I'm in the middle of reading Vince Lombardi's biography When Pride Still Mattered. I have to say it's one of the most exhausting books I've ever read, mainly because of the lengthy detail it sometimes goes into regarding almost every single season in which he was either a player or a coach, but it's a great read. I wasn't expecting a brief life story then quickly on to the Packers years, but it's about 180 pages until he accepts the Green Bay job, haha!

I've always been a Stephen King/Clive Barker kind of guy, but lately I've been trying to read more non-fiction. I recently watched Field of Dreams for about the 5,000th time (I believe 8,000 is the manditory number if you're from Iowa), and I want to find some stuff on the Black Sox scandal. I guess I'm kind of becoming a sports history buff.

Anyways, it was nice being separated from the internet for a while, but I'm glad I can finally come back here and post again.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Welcome back!!!

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    right on nate..call off the search party!

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome back Nate!!!

5. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it's been a while for me as well.....I see that a couple of pesky Bears fans are gone now......but so is the the short-lived sucess the Bears had in the Division...might be a coincedence? :mug:

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Books?
    The last book I read was about the Dresden bombing. It was hard to read because of the graphic ways they described people dying. Very disgusting, and not for folks with weak stomachs.