1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Havel changing his mind about TT?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dxbfan, Nov 15, 2006.

1. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Maybe the team is changing his mind and he's proving that he calls it like he sees it as well as he isn't it a know it all??

3. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the players we r getting

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's good to see that Havel changed his weird opinion on A.J. Hawk, but I still have to wonder what he had against Hawk in the first place.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I have nothing to base this off of other than listening to his radio show everyday an reading his articles, but he was hell bent on that TE Davis guy being drafted as a Packer. I think that may have had something to do with it

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Havel does not like big guys with long hair.

It may be childhood based callenge.

RP

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, that explains it. I knew you'd come through, RP!

8. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll never respect Havel after what he was saying about Hawk. He literally said Hawk couldn't cut it in the NFL and then when Hawk started shining a little bit in the preseason he backtracked bigtime and stated he never made any type of definitive statement about him.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

That's contrary to everything I've heard and read about Hawk from Havel. Obviously I can't hear/read everything so could you provide the article that stated Hawk couldn't cut it in the NFL?

This seems like slander to me.

10. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll see if I can find it in the archives. I believe it was even before the preseaon started. What was said was that it wasn't fair to move Barnett out of his MLB position in favor of Hodge because a "certain high draft pick can't cut it at OLB"...

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmm... that sounds familar too ... if thats true he really flip flopped pretty quick ... i listen to him on the radio atleast three times a week on my way to college an he says some pretty encourgaging things about the guy ... or maybe im listening with my greend an gold beltones

12. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Saying he can't cut it at OLB is a lot different from saying he can't cut it in the NFL. Still, it was a little strange how much Havel was nitpicking on Hawk for awhile there, when Hawk was seen by almost everyone as a can't-miss prospect. Maybe Havel just decided to take the opposite point of view so he would look really smart if he turned out to be right. But there must be something more to it than that. Raider Pride's explanation is still the best one I've heard (it's also the only one).

13. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, youre right he does as I saw on a "video blog" of his that "AJ is the real deal" and whatnot. I do feel he flip flopped on the issue, but it did seem most of the writers wanted Davis.

14. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe he was upset about not getting Davis.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479

then why would Havel like Davis?
    LOL

[​IMG]

16. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Havel's views on TT would carry more weight if he maintained them after a loss. This article reminds me of the media euphoria after the Miami, Arizona wins and prior to the Buffalo game.

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    just so everyone knows, ive been sayin this all along.

18. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Saying what all along?

19. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I would expect opinions to be altered by wins and losses. That's better than stubbornly holding to one's opinion regardless of how the team is playing. And as far as I could see, the media saw the loss at Buffalo for what it was: The Packers continued to play very well in that game, but they threw the game away with a handful of bad plays. Havel has gradually upgraded his opinions on Hawk, Thompson, and McCarthy, and I give him credit for that.

20. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I take your point Greg and perhaps there's a fine line between sticking to your views and coming across as stubborn or changing them and appearing whimsical. I just think Havel's jumped the gun a bit, articles of this nature are best left for the end of the season when its all done and dusted. What if Hawk has a terrible game, or MM makes another huge mistake or we end up with a losing season? Is Havel going to revert to his original opinion in that the moves were wrong?

21. gator

gator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Havel is a clown--I wonder if he would make it at another paper in another town. I've found, as stated here, a certain inconsistency in his positions and a penchant for criticism of pretty much everything and at any time.
    While I don't like/approve of tt (or by extension mn)...Havel's bootlicking at this time is fairly disturbing...