1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Have you ever been to or lived in Chicago? How would you rate Chicago as a city?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ClemsonFan, Sep 12, 2012.

?

How would you rate Chicago as a city?

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    I visited Chicago in June, and it was not pleasant. How would you guys rate Chicago On a scale from 1 to 5 with 1 being the worst and 5 the best?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    I really like Chi town. Its like the midwest in a big city. Its got more grit than NYC or LA. Its hardworking its got a great history and some pretty good fans. I mean its amazing they still talk about something that happened over 25 years ago ;)

3. cheesehead1980

cheesehead1980 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking worldwide, yes Chicago ranks as one of the best cities in the world.....it is always somewhere among the top ten when the worlds cities are ranked.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I spent three weeks there for an intensive class during seminary. Seminary was in Minneapolis and I hated living there. So spread out. Hard to get anywhere. I thought Chicago would be the same, only worse. I was surprised to find out that Chicago was great! My class consisted of meeting at our classroom in the morning, traveling to one ministry site in the late morning, breaking for lunch, and reconvening at a different ministry site in the afternoon. The best public transit was a breeze; so easy to get around, wherever in the city you want to go. I'd love to go back.

5. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +487
    Love to visit Chicago. Good food -- nice people. Cubs,dabears,sox all good losers.

6. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Was born there and lived there for 25 years in the 50's, 60's and 70's. It was a jungle back then and it's a bigger jungle now! I wonder how I ever survived there in one piece.
    That aside. It is a fun, adventurous place especially if you are a young person. So much to do, so much too see. Never a dull moment. Great food from all over the world.
    When I go back to visit I tell myself there is no way I could live here again. I don't like the traffic, the noise, the crowds, the waiting lines, the ripoff prices, the taxes, and the hurry, hurry, hurry. I have an uncle that lives there still and he was an attorney for nearly 60 years in the city. And every time I visit him he still gives me a lengthy history of all the corruption that he saw there in his time.
    Oh well, I guess Al Capone enjoyed it in his time. So why not now.

7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I was there about 5 years ago for 3 days to visit family. Didn't get to do or see much as I didn't have much time. I'd like to go back when I've got more time & $ to spend

8. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I have family in Chicago, and I was an outpatient at Shriner's Children's Hospital (in Chicago) for 12 years so I spent quite a few weeks each summer there. I don't mind it... it's not my favorite place in the world, but I like taking the Metra in occasionally (especially now that I moved to Milwaukee).

9. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329
    Were you any where near Cabrini-Green back then?

10. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Cabrini-Green!!!!

That's a scary one. Drove past it a number of times when I made a trip to Comiskey Park.
    Don't want to be caught dead near there especially then.

Of all the ones that still make me laugh although I should be thankful occured in the summer of 1975.
    I drove down the Dan Ryan expressway intending to go to this race track called Washington Park just south of the city. For some reason I exited when I saw a sign called Washington Park around 55th street. But this was no race track. It was a neighborhood park. I had my windows open because it was 95 degrees and my air conditioning was broke. When I realized I was misdirected I roled up my windows and told my girlfriend to duck down to the floor.
    After running a stop sign and a red light I found a stopped police car . I asked him where I was.
    His answer, " Where you shouldn't be, Boy." "Now get back on the road, get on that ramp south, and don't come back."

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Cabrini has been all demolished as of about a year and a half ago. It's not a terrible area anymore. Not bad row housing now

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    That's a great story!