Have we considered resigning Ahman Green for our Running Back issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodgersAllDay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy still has it I think. Id love to see him tear it up one more year for us. what do you guys think??

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He's a much older Brandon Jackson at this point in his career.

No thank you.

And I'm pretty sure he's locked in a UFL contract right now. He's playing for Omaha, I believe. I'm not sure how that's going for him, but I know he signed with them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why people still continue to insist that our running game has a problem. Jackson has done well with the opportunities he's been given thus far. If anything, our problem is we continue to go away from the run, limiting his carries to an average of 11 per game, while most other RB's are getting closer to 20 or more.

The problem isn't the back, it's the abandonment.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The Running Game issues is not Jackson its the O-Line. If we had a amazing Oline they can provde blocks and open up holes for the running game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why people still continue to insist that our running game has a problem. Jackson has done well with the opportunities he's been given thus far. If anything, our problem is we continue to go away from the run, limiting his carries to an average of 11 per game, while most other RB's are getting closer to 20 or more.

The problem isn't the back, it's the abandonment.

Our avg per carry is good enough for number 7 in the entire league....4.6

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Amahn Green, but he's not the back he once was. Time marches on. I'm also a Jackson fan, as he went to my old high school in Mississippi. I don't kid myself. I don't think he'll ever be elite, but for the reasons mentioned above (O-line and abandonment), we don't really know what we have in Jackson. He's looked pretty damn good at times.

We've had a lot of "okay" backs over the years that were really productive. Grant was a "who the hell is this guy" when we got him. Green might have been a little more known when he came in here, but he was no superstar. Edgar Bennet wasn't exactly a household name either, but he damn sure got the job done. I don't know that Jackson could be as productive as any of those guys, but I also don't know that he couldn't be as good as those guys. In our current state, and given only 11 carries a game, Walter Payton himself wouldn't be able to do anything more; and many forum members, here and elsewhere, would want to get rid of him.

I've liked McCarthy as a head coach, but it's fading fast. Imagine this exact roster under Mike Holmgren. I'm not a big fan of Holmgren due to him leaving the way he did. He wanted to run the entire show, took a lot of good staff (coaches and front office) with him, and then failed miserably in the GM part of it. But as a head coach, and especially a play-caller, the man's a genius. This offense, under Holmgren, would probably average at lesast double if not triple the points they average right now. We wouldn't have all these penalties either. By now, Holmgren either would have killed someone, or his head would have exploded.

There's a lot to fix in our running game, but shuffling backs in and out of here isn't the answer. Fix the known problems first; if our backs still aren't producing after the other problems are fixed, then make a change.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our avg per carry is good enough for number 7 in the entire league....4.6

exactly. and at worst we are 16th in the league for total rushing yards. Would hate to see how many threads there would be if were actually a bad rushing team. Is everyone here just jealous of the vikings for having Peterson? The complaints against grant were basically he wasnt AP (not fast enough, not a break away back, and couldnt get a ton of yards after contact)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy still has it I think. Id love to see him tear it up one more year for us. what do you guys think??

I think I'd rather have Jackson and Kuhn getting stuffed after two yards than seeing Green try to come back again. Ahman Green is done... he's been done for a while now.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno about the low numbers skewing the stats. It seems to me it would be harder to average 4 YPC with fewer run attempts than it would be with more, simply because fewer attempts means less chances of breaking off huge runs to bring your average up.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno about the low numbers skewing the stats. It seems to me it would be harder to average 4 YPC with fewer run attempts than it would be with more, simply because fewer attempts means less chances of breaking off huge runs to bring your average up.

Or less carries means less chances to lose yardage when rushing.

The Chargers have 2 wins are are #1 in total offense and defense. Numbers can be interpreted a number of ways.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I locked the other RB thread now doing same here..

We are not getting anyone unless all our RB now go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts