Have a few minutes to kill? Try this 2014 NFL Draft Sim

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could happen. Mosley is the top-rated ILB but there may only be a couple of teams ahead of GB who have ILB as a position they're looking to upgrade. So you never know. Some other LBs have really shot up the charts, so they could get picked before Mosley....Dee Ford is making a pretty big splash.

I think somebody of high quality at a position of need is going to be there at 21. It could be Clinton-Dix (unlikely), Calvin Pryor, Louis Nix or CJ Mosley. The chances of one of those four being there might be around 50/50. There are a couple of other highly rated players who might also fall to #21.

And no, I don't want us to take Ra'shede Hageman with the #21 pick.
I would say that one of those 4 is about 95%. If not, there is a pretty good player that some team passed on that we should grab.

My bet is that Mosley and Pryor are both there. Nix is 50/50 and I'm not sure I want him. The guys with weight problems in college worry me.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous is right. You'd have to take Deonne Bucannon with the round 2 pick to have a chance at him. But really, if the Packers do draft CJ Mosley in round 1, would they really need to draft Borland in round 2?

Okay, to start I realize this not going to happen but to answer your question, why would you not? This team is failing (in the playoffs) because the defense is weak up the middle and flat out sucks. We have one adequate ILB and one bad ILB and probably the worst safety combination in the league. If anyone disagrees with that, they simply have not been watching a single game. The defense is horrible, flat out horrible. The only time all year when we needed the defense to step up to win a game that they "kind of" did was the Dallas game and that had more to do with the shear stupidity of Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys.

If you are running a 3-4 and can line up Clay Matthews, Chris Borland, and CJ Mosely as linebackers, would you not consider that a powerhouse group of LB's? It would not matter who the 4th LB is at that point because he is going to have so many opportunities available to him due to the attention that would be paid the other 3.

I understand that Bucannon will not available in the 3rd as well. I simply believe that if this team is going to contend for another SB while we still have Rodgers, the middle of this defense needs and immediate upgrade.

J Mills

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updated simulation.

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
WASHINGTON

S AHMAD DIXON
BAYLOR

DT DANIEL MCCULLERS
TENNESSEE