Reaction score
1st Round: ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA
2nd Round: S CALVIN PRYOR LOUISVILLE
3rd round S DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE
4th Round TE TROY NIKLAS NOTRE DAME

5th Round RB KAPRI BIBBS COLORADO STATE
6th Round DT RYAN CARRETHERS ARKANSAS STATE
7th Round WR SHAQ EVANS UCLA
Even though I think Mosley is way overrated, if we got those 4 guys right there, I'd need to be cleaned up I'd be so thrilled!
Both of those safeties, and the TE I think has the best potential of all to become Gronk V2!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to try and keep a running-tab of popular mock draft picks for the Packers here.
We have 4 LONG months to go......

WALTERFOOTBALL Charlie Campbell:
v1- CJ Mosley, ILB
v2- Ra'Sheed Hageman, DE
-The Packers spent last year's first-round pick on a defensive lineman, but that doesn't mean that Ted Thompson won't double dip there. B.J. Raji happens to be a free agent, and his price tag is simply too high for Green Bay.

MEL KIPER
v1- Calvin Pryor, Safety- he Packers have a good strong safety in Morgan Burnett, but they need more reliability and versatility at the free safety position. Pryor is a rising talent with the speed and instincts to cover a ton of ground in coverage, but also the willingness to fly downhill and make tackles at the line of scrimmage. The onetime high school running back (and safety) was pretty dominant as a junior and enters the draft with a lot of momentum in terms of his tape. Charlie Strong told me this is one of the best players he's ever coached.

CBS ROB RANG
v1- Ra'Sheed Hageman
-Few general managers rebuild along the lines with the consistency of Ted Thompson. Hageman's incredible combination of size and explosiveness is exciting, though he hasn't been the dominant force his talents would indicate. Surrounded by greater talent, however, and he could prove a steal.

CBS DANE BRUGLER
-Green Bay loses a lot of their beef up front on the defensive side of the ball to free agency this year, but Nix could give the Packers a replacement for BJ Raji if the nose tackle chooses big money over returning to Green Bay.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED
V4- Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
-Clinton-Dix would be the ideal choice here. Since he’s headed elsewhere in the NFC North in this mock, the Packers turn to door No. 2. Or possibly door No. 3, depending on where you stand on Florida State’s 5-8 product, Lamarcus Joyner.
There’s no question that Green Bay has to improve at the safety position. Pryor, who recently announced he was entering the draft, will be a player you’ll hear more and more about as May approaches. He brings the hammer from the defensive backfield.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Here is my draft:

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA
DT DANIEL MCCULLERS
TENNESSEE
S AHMAD DIXON
BAYLOR
OT AUSTIN WENTWORTH
FRESNO STATE
DE SCOTT CRICHTON
OREGON STATE
TE MARCEL JENSEN
FRESNO STATE
OLB JONATHAN BROWN
ILLINOIS

Thoughts? lol
Would anyone here be happy with that draft above?

Love the Mosley pick. A pure 3-4 linebacker that would add immediate impact on defense with speed and nastiness in middle. I hope Thompson trades up to get him if he has too. No way you take Dixon over this guy,
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
he will turn out to be best safety in draft and is what we need. Deon Bucannaon! I also like Cal tight end"s Richard Rodgers "Rodgers to Rodgers" and Troy Niklas way better then Marcel jensen.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Can anyone say PLAYMAKER! That's what we need right? Everyone in here should have this guy on there draft board for safety.
He will easily turn out to be the best safety in this draft, I hope TT really gets this guy.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Rob at www.Sportsline.com

STRENGTHS: Physical, imposing hitter at 215 pounds who made his mark as a senior by producing big plays and turnovers. Well-built safety who delivers bone-rattling hits.
--Rob Rang

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEONE BUCANNON

More on this strong safety

From Rob at www.Sportsline.com

STRENGTHS: Physical, imposing hitter at 215 pounds who made his mark as a senior by producing big plays and turnovers. Well-built safety who delivers bone-rattling hits.
--Rob Rang

<THAT's 15 yards & a first down. DUMB.

<GOOD tackle

<De-CLEATS Auburn RB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-ranking-the-10-best-players-of-2013/page/7

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/deone-bucannon-vs-stanford-2013/

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
TE JACE AMARO
TEXAS TECH
DT AARON DONALD
PITTSBURGH
S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE
QB TAJH BOYD
CLEMSON
Even though I think Mosley is way overrated, if we got those 4 guys right there, I'd need to be cleaned up I'd be so thrilled!
Both of those safeties, and the TE I think has the best potential of all to become Gronk V2!

I love that people are starting to like Deone Bucannon who I have been raving about since the beginning, I don't think we could get him in the third round. This guy might end up a late first round early second round. He is killing it at the Senior bowl so far.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
DEONE BUCANNON

<GOOD tackle

<De-CLEATS Auburn RB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-ranking-the-10-best-players-of-2013/page/7

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/deone-bucannon-vs-stanford-2013/[

This guy might spring board to first round. I watched him play all season. He is the real deal.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1st Round: ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA
2nd Round: S CALVIN PRYOR LOUISVILLE
3rd round S DEONE BUCANNON WASHINGTON STATE
4th Round TE TROY NIKLAS NOTRE DAME
5th Round RB KAPRI BIBBS COLORADO STATE
6th Round DT RYAN CARRETHERS ARKANSAS STATE
7th Round WR SHAQ EVANS UCLA

I love that top 4 too but no way we get both those safeties, I take Bucannon. He is plug and play day 1 and we need a hitter. Tired of seeing Burnett getting knocked backwards. Maybe trade out of first round and get Aaron Donald and Bucannon in 2nd. Then scoop up Niklas because I don't think Mosley will be there.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sim's big board has been refined a lot in the last few weeks, so some of the earlier mocks are completely unthinkable now. For example, I used to be able to mock Bucannon in the 4th easily, which is now ridiculous to think of. Stanley Jean-Baptiste jumped just this week from like the 250th ranked prospect to somewhere around 120. Morgan Moses has jumped from a 5th rounder to 2nd. Max Bullough from a UDFA to a 4th to a 7th. Just a very few of the many big changes I've noticed.

It's really interesting to watch as player evaluations continue to evolve where these guys are being valued and what kind of value we can get.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This sim's big board has been refined a lot in the last few weeks, so some of the earlier mocks are completely unthinkable now. For example, I used to be able to mock Bucannon in the 4th easily, which is now ridiculous to think of. Stanley Jean-Baptiste jumped just this week from like the 250th ranked prospect to somewhere around 120. Morgan Moses has jumped from a 5th rounder to 2nd. Max Bullough from a UDFA to a 4th to a 7th. Just a very few of the many big changes I've noticed.

It's really interesting to watch as player evaluations continue to evolve where these guys are being valued and what kind of value we can get.

Yeah, I knew Bucannon was gonna climb. He very well could end up in late first round by the time its all said and done. I never try to get to high on just one player but I really think he could make an immediate impact at safety.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
DEONE BUCANNON

<GOOD tackle

<De-CLEATS Auburn RB

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/deone-bucannon-vs-stanford-2013/

Yeah the first one was dumb and is a 1st and 15 but how many times did we give up 15 plus because missed tackles and no dominating presence in intermediate middle? I would rather have a guy too aggressive and coach him down a little. He is a football player that can make plays. His measurable's are off the chart and he is a good kid. They can adjust his play on the first clip.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my draft is a bit ridiculous but you can probably see that my thoughts are to do everything possible to shore up the middle of our inept defense:

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

ILB CHRIS BORLAND
WISCONSIN

S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE

DT ANTHONY JOHNSON
LSU

TE JACOB PEDERSEN
WISCONSIN

S ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA

C JAMES STONE
TENNESSEE

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my draft is a bit ridiculous but you can probably see that my thoughts are to do everything possible to shore up the middle of our inept defense:

ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

ILB CHRIS BORLAND
WISCONSIN

S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE

DT ANTHONY JOHNSON
LSU

TE JACOB PEDERSEN
WISCONSIN

S ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA

C JAMES STONE
TENNESSEE

Ridiculous is right. You'd have to take Deonne Bucannon with the round 2 pick to have a chance at him. But really, if the Packers do draft CJ Mosley in round 1, would they really need to draft Borland in round 2?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Ridiculous is right. You'd have to take Deonne Bucannon with the round 2 pick to have a chance at him. But really, if the Packers do draft CJ Mosley in round 1, would they really need to draft Borland in round 2?
if we can somehow get Bucannon and Mosley I will do kart wheels. I might need an inhaler. I love that "middle" all the sudden. That's bringing some noise. I like that noise. Go whisper it in Ted's ear please.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
there gonna have to trade up to get Mosley. Ted only traded up one time and that was Clay Matthews. I think and am hoping he will do it again. Mosley makes Brad Jones look "Old". If they can get Bucannon and Mosley it would be "amazing'

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
there gonna have to trade up to get Mosley. Ted only traded up one time and that was Clay Matthews. I think and am hoping he will do it again. Mosley makes Brad Jones look "Old". If they can get Bucannon and Mosley it would be "amazing'

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It could happen. Mosley is the top-rated ILB but there may only be a couple of teams ahead of GB who have ILB as a position they're looking to upgrade. So you never know. Some other LBs have really shot up the charts, so they could get picked before Mosley....Dee Ford is making a pretty big splash.

I think somebody of high quality at a position of need is going to be there at 21. It could be Clinton-Dix (unlikely), Calvin Pryor, Louis Nix or CJ Mosley. The chances of one of those four being there might be around 50/50. There are a couple of other highly rated players who might also fall to #21.

And no, I don't want us to take Ra'shede Hageman with the #21 pick.

Members online

Latest posts