*old thread* 2011-Jones

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like Jackson because he's so cocky, every stupid punt return when he is already bragging about getting the ball.

Driver has been one of the best WR in Packer history, I say we let him retire when he wants. And drop of production? Obviously because we have so many weapons that we do not have to get him the ball as much anymore. Sure age has caught up with him for a guy who has gotten absolutely wrecked crossing the field in his career and he's been hampered from injury this season.

Driver is still one of the most consistent WR on this team, plus he is a veteran WR which we need right now. How many of those HUGE 3rd down catches did he have? I think the most out of all WR yesterday.

I guess I just don't understand all the hate on Driver?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theyve had some drops, but I agree that a lot of this is due to the nerves. Either way, they need to stop. Even Driver had a catch bounce off him last night. The Jones drop at the end of the half was HUGE. Should have been 21-3 going into halftime with the ball.

These little mistakes didnt hurt us last night, but they have for 2 years, equating to losses in close games numerous times.

If not for a bad pass, 2 missed FGs within range by the Eagles, our conversations could be wildly different today.

LOVE THE WIN!!!

But we need to tighten this stuff up to win it all.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm delighted to have this corps, I don't think there is one better. That being said, they can be better of course.
I'd like to know how people think Nelson is a fumbler. He's only had one all season right?
I still prefer him over Jones all day, he's bigger and a more sure receiver than Jones.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
This could be another one of those coaching things. Is our WR coach failing at something? These WR's are not this bad. DD has never dropped this many balls. Jennings is almost always a home run hitter. I even normally seen Jones more consistent than this (still don't like him, though).

Somethings going on here. It's not like all of our WR's just lost their talent in one season.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost feel like the coaching mantra has followed what we were hearing 2 years ago about being a short yardage team that gets tons of YAC yardage, and the coaches are steering into the spin by training the WRs to "quick turn and run".

This was great when AROD was learning to system and the fine tuning was happening, where BF was teaching the young guys the GB "ropes" by using everyone as a "checkdown" route. This was the last 2-4 years before this season (maybe even last).

Now these guys know their jobs, are running longer and deeper routes that are based on timing and athleticism, and they are falling back on that " need to turn and beat 2 tackles for the 1st down" mentality. They are dropping a lot of passes when they try to catch and turn to break away, or on the deep route when they decide to turn on the jets before they have the ball in hand.

Dont know the problem, but Ive seen this happen more often than not when the passes are dropped this year.

Members online

Latest posts