Has Kurt S. saved his job?

Reaction score
There is talk about Sanders having done well recently to save his job, but with the recent emergence of Collins playing out of this world, and Manuel stepping up from dreadful to bad, has Kurt Schot. saved his job as DB coach?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no. We need to look at the season as a whole. This game was kind of a fluke. Let's play the Patriots again and see what happens.

Schott NEEDS to go.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
There is talk about Sanders having done well recently to save his job, but with the recent emergence of Collins playing out of this world, and Manuel stepping up from dreadful to bad, has Kurt Schot. saved his job as DB coach?

Keep Sanders. I don't like swapping DCs every year. Sanders has noticeably improved. Schott still stinks and needs to be fired immediately.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no. We need to look at the season as a whole. This game was kind of a fluke. Let's play the Patriots again and see what happens.

Schott NEEDS to go.

how was it a fluke when the bears wanted to win the game???

their plan was to start everyone the whole game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
havta agree it was a fluke i mean how many times do we get 5 picks?

Well, our DL was in their QBs faces all day long. We looked good, not just the picks.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we knew going into the game that if we pressure the qb we will win the game and that exactly what happened.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep Sanders for at least another year he's earned that much. Schotty has to go, but probably won't considering the mccarthy ties to the schotts.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we knew going into the game that if we pressure the qb we will win the game and that exactly what happened.

The amazing thing about it is we didn't even have to blitz that much. Our front four did their job without much help. Hats off to our front four. :thumbsup:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

During the last 3/4 of the season Rex Grossman was not as hot as we was in September. He had a lot of pass trouble against all types of defenses. Again...put us against the Patriots and we'll see how well our pass D holds up.

The Bears still don't have their solution at QB with Grossman.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

During the last 3/4 of the season Rex Grossman was not as hot as we was in September. He had a lot of pass trouble against all types of defenses. Again...put us against the Patriots and we'll see how well our pass D holds up.

The Bears still don't have their solution at QB with Grossman.

Is there always going to be some excuse when our D actually plays well? What about the Lions? Theyve put up 60 pts the last two weeks against two playoff teams and we held them to 9 pts even when they int'd a pass in our red zone.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there always going to be some excuse when our D actually plays well? What about the Lions? Theyve put up 60 pts the last two weeks against two playoff teams and we held them to 9 pts even when they int'd a pass in our red zone.

It's not an excuse, it's completely rational considering their performance was inconsistent at best over the course of the season. It was nice to see the improvements towards the end, but I don't think it was all the secondary. The D line and the LBs made some serious contributions. We would not have done so well if their play was mediocre too.

I'm only defending that Schottenheimer should be let go because of the inconsistent play of the secondary all season.

Yes, they played well tonight, but they did not play well consistently over the course of the season. They had many, many bad games. TT took a good step in releasing Carroll.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

It's not an excuse, it's completely rational considering their performance was inconsistent at best over the course of the season. It was nice to see the improvements towards the end, but I don't think it was all the secondary. The D line and the LBs made some serious contributions. We would not have done so well if their play was mediocre too.

I'm only defending that Schottenheimer should be let go because of the inconsistent play of the secondary all season.

Yes, they played well tonight, but they did not play well consistently over the course of the season. They had many, many bad games. TT took a good step in releasing Carroll.

Get rid of Schott, but it wasn't all "poor competition"...I'll give ya the Vikings(although that was still a ridiculous performance), but the Niners are improved, the Lions put up 60 the last two weeks, and now they just dominated the Bears the #1 NFC seed in the playoffs. If they defense plays like this next year then we may be seeing a playoff emergence.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they defense plays like this next year then we may be seeing a playoff emergence.

Absolutely. I think the Packers stand a serious chance at being contenders. At their current rate they should be 12-4 next year!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say we can improve even more if we hire a decent DB coach that doesnt have our defense all screwed up. Hell who knows...Maybe even Manual could do decent with a good DB coach. you never know. We may not have to sign a free agent, or waste a draft pick..We could use it on somthing useful like a TE!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Kurt or Manuel ... one of them MUST go. If not both that is. There is a problem with that secondary. I keep trying to like Manuel, I jus can't do it.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manual hasnt been all bad. I know the majority has been bad. But Collins has been struggleing as well in coverage this year(although not toinight) But from what I have heard, Shot's defensive scheem is very hard to understand for our DB's? Why cant we just have somthing simple and have everyone be able to run it. Simple but effective = winning!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kurt or Manuel ... one of them MUST go. If not both that is. There is a problem with that secondary. I keep trying to like Manuel, I jus can't do it.

I'm leaning more on Kurt being the culprit. Manuel has been solid against the run, and seems to get burned by being in the wrong place or bad communication.

Several other players on D call him "intelligent" so I'm thinking that it's not Manuel. I guess we'll find out once Kurt gets fired in the offseason (knock on wood).

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I'm leaning more on Kurt being the culprit. Manuel has been solid against the run, and seems to get burned by being in the wrong place or bad communication.

Several other players on D call him "intelligent" so I'm thinking that it's not Manuel. I guess we'll find out once Kurt gets fired in the offseason (knock on wood).

All we can do is pray that, that clown is removed from among us :)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are unsure after 2006.....consider

2004 with Schottenhiemer
2005 without
2006 with Schottenhiemer

Have you no memory of the year before Bates became coodinator ?
The year when Schottenhiemer was fired.

The new defensive secondary coach can determine if Manuel can back up Collins or Underwood.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts