1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen Hockey.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by leopardmech, Jan 17, 2005.

1. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hockey..........Hockey..............Hockey are you out there?
    Hockey if you are out there please come back.

Later
    Leopardmech

5 guys dressed in garters and stockings looking to score... in :Canada: WE CALL IT HOCKEY...

2. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some NHL players are with Russian teams now (for the time being).

3. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep they are and in Germany and Sweden and many other European countries. It shows just how bad the NHLPA union is sticking together. I am on the owners side in this dispute. I think an NFL type salary sytem with the cap would be very good for the NHL. Some of the owners have said they are losing less money by not playing than if they were. I personally would like to see them fold the league, void the contracts and start over from scratch that way the salaries could be brought in line with revenues.

But when they do come back GO Leafs!!!!!!!

Later
    Leopardmech

4. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have Michigan Tech season tickets, so I've been watching quite a bit of crappy hockey. But after starting the year1-17-1, they've won 4 of 5 including a win at #5 Denver, and a road sweep of Minnesota.

Today and tomorrow they play CC at home. I will be there.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Not a big hockey fan, I kind of forget its not even on.

6. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think what you meant is "Go Canucks". I'm happy to fix your typo, no worries. :mrgreen:

7. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NOT!!!!

Later
    Leopardmech

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    MIGHTY DUCKS!! lol

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    there are quite a few playing here in Norway.

Nedved actually plays in my town!

10. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well at least you get to see the pros play we only have junior hockey on here now to watch.

Later
    Leopardmech

11. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    these guys all played in my hometown a couple weeks back to raise money for youth hockey. glad my mom failed to mention it when she saw that tickets went on sale. :evil: i think that i could have handled the 90 min drive to see these guys and not have learned about it the day after. that being said, there is plenty of hockey with mn-duluth and the gophers and the local U team.

Current NHL players participating in the game were Willie Mitchell, Minnesota Wild; Jordan Leopold, Calgary Flames; Brad Bombardir, Nashville Predators; Paul Martin, New Jersey Devils; Darby Hendrickson, Colorado Avalanche; Andrew Brunette, Minnesota Wild; Trent Klatt, Los Angeles Kings; Bret Hedican, Carolina Hurricanes; Erik Rasmussen, New Jersey Devils; Filip Kuba, Minnesota Wild; Sean Hill, Florida Panthers; and Mark Parrish, New York Islanders.

12. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I follow it sometimes. Since I am in pennsylvania,I follow the flyers when they are in the playoffs. I just never really got into it that much,neither did most of my friends when growing up.

13. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    for the most part, i could care less about the nhl. i like the fights and watch all of the playoffs. but as for hockey itself, i love watching college and high school.

14. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    We only have high school and college hockey. However, we consistantly have a top 10 Division III team in the country.

15. PokerPacker

PokerPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i miss hockey, but at least I play it. the players should stop whining about a salary cap, they make enough money, all their doing by holding out is making even less money (or not at all). quit whining, suck it up, and play some hockey!

16. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Talks have been going on last week and will carry on this week. I heard this morning that they are just ironing out the wrinkles in the new deal and other than the small things the owners and the players have come to an agreement.

Go Leafs

Later
    Leopardmech

17. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

i started following in '97, the year they lost to DET in the finals, i've become more of a die hard as the years went by. Even hockey in general, the playoffs are so fun to watch even if the Flyers aren't involved--no hockey left a huge void in my sports watching, especially considering i dont watch basketball.

I haven't watched hockey all year, but this past saturday, game 2 of the Calder Cup Finals were on--a bunch of promising young Flyers' prospects play for Phantoms, and the Flyers broadcasters did the play by play, I was so fired up, the first hockey game I've seen in a looooong time, Phantoms win in OT 2-1

btw, is anyone here on hockey's future boards (hfboards.com)?

18. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read the boards there occasionally.

19. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to secretly cheer :crazy: for the Flyers when they were not playing the Leafs but I got sick of listening to Bobby Clarke' s whining and watching the way he treats classy players i.e Brind'Amour that I can't cheer for them or wish them well till he is gone. I have a great deal of respect for Clarke as a player but none for him as a GM.

Later
    Leopardmech

20. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Edmonton Oilers baby!!! Actually, I don't watch hockey much, I just have a character flaw that I have to have a favorite in just about every sport there is!

21. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hockey? I think I remimber that sport is that the game where people hit a little black thing in a net then the other team gets mad hits someone with a stick and then a big fight breaks out and some gets sent to a little box cusing and screaming? :lol: GO BLUES?