1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anybody been shown on TV at a football game?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Dec 2, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This might be best in the NFL or Atrium section, but since I am going to the Packers\Bears game sunday (only the 32nd time Ive mentioned it) I was wondering what are some good ways to get your mug on TV, besides having huge knockers.

I am probably going to paint my face up green and gold unless it is less than 15 degrees outside, then I probably wont. I won't bring a sign, because that is obnoxious.

I'm not desperate to get on TV or anything, I was just curious.

Any of you guys been seen on TV at a sports game?

2. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Show your butt painted green and gold in the cold weather !!!!

Just kidding !!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your game !!!!

I hope we win this one, It will be great......but we will be a little bit farter from Reggie Bush..

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the December 1995 game against the hated Vikings my son and I were in row 6 on the 40 yard line behind the Vikings bench. We wre shown several times during that game and we didn't have a sign or paint our faces or anything. We were just in the right place at the right time.That was my oldest sons 1st visit to Lambeau.
    The greatest thing about it was after the Packers win, Reggie White made a round of the field to acknowlege the fans and we were caught in the crush trying to touch him and we were shown up close.
    My wife not suspecting such a thing could possibly happen did not tape it but she and my 2 youngest kids saw us. :D

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on TV at the Titans game last year, but that was only because the stands were 75% empty by the end and I was one of the few who chose to stay to the end. I was also sitting in front of an old lady who was standing up and clapping despite us being down by 30 odd points.

5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother got married at Lambeau pre game and made it on the Fox intro to the game.

That's a method of getting on television that cannot be duplicated many times. It requires a very understanding bride and dedicated Packer fans for in-laws.

Whatever you do it can't be illegal or disruptive.

Traditional ways are:

a) Being in the middle of a group of good looking women. They may have to be in Green and Gold ski or snowboard outfits.

Those foam cheese bras always get attention but it is the wrong time of year unless the right amount of alcohol is distributed.

b) The other way is to have a unique sign and FOX will like them being mentioned and/or the broadcast team.

c) a+b

Enjoy the game.

6. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Run onto the field and steal Orton's ball.

7. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    haha, that really made me laugh! :D

You have to be sneaky about it though...apparently they didn't show the fan on the field in the SanDiego preseason game...I was fortunate enough to see it, and he was LEVELED by the securtiy guards!

8. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    That wouldn’t be the first time that a Bear’s QB had their balls taken away. :D

9. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I have made it a couple of times during a Cubs game but not the Bears. I was a Chicago Park District employee and got to roam around Soldier Field during the games including down to the sidelines but I don't think that I was ever on T.V. My brother made it when he was a security guard at Soldier Field and was on camera when Emmett Smith nearly broke his neck trying to do a Walter Payton leap into the end zone and had to be carted off on a stretcher.
    I did play in the Public League playoffs at Soldier field and was on T.V. during both of those games including when I made an open field tackle on Keena Turner when he was the Illinois player of the year at CVS and it was like he was a grown man playing against kids. He later played for the 49ers and won 4 Super Bowl rings.
    This was before VHS recorders and I wish that I had a tape of that.

10. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    paint packerforum.com on your chest

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I never made it on during a game, but have been on Milwaukee TV MANY times, during accidents, being interviewed after a flood, interviewed after seeing the movie "Hannibal". But my FAVORITE was one time when my wife played hooky from work, and i took her to see the Irish dancers at the Milwaukee Auditorium............here she called in sick, and WHO ends up on TV channel 12 in the front row??? My wife!!! And we got home in time to see her on TV! She thought for SURE she was going to be busted for skipping work! :D

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Wear a rainbow-colored wig and hold up a sign that says "John 3:16". I think it worked for that guy over 10,000 times in his life.

13. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Did you know that he is in prison now? He was sentenced to three life terms for taking a hotel maid hostage in 1992.
    [​IMG]

14. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well after watching the lions-vikes game today, i'd say a hastily made "Fire Millon" sign would do. brace yourself to be speared down the steps tho.

15. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i was at an eagles/pats game in philly in '03, it was on CBS, me and my friend made a big sign saying:

Can't
    Broadcast
    Sports

well needless to say, we did not get on TV...what we're gonna do next time is hide the sign behind another sign, hope the camera flashes on us, and show our real sign...because CBS really sucks

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No......come on JW.......tell us how you REALLY feel about CBS sports! Don't hold back like that! LOLOLOL!!! :D