Harris and Woodson look good in practice

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Harris, Woodson look good at camp"

Cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, who were no-shows during the Packers' voluntary offseason workouts, were in uniform and part of the starting defensive unit during team drills.

Both looked to be in good shape and both broke up passes while matched up against wide receivers during one-on-one drills.

The Packers are renting portable lights for night practices at this year's training camp. The 14 banks of lights, which are powered by generators, were turned on at about 7:45 p.m., roughly halfway through practice.

-- Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

www.packerstrainingcampupdates.blogspot.com/

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some packer training camp pics

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JMO, but College looks awfully slim to be playing OL in today's NFL. Not many under 300# playing nowadays. On the other side, Spitz looks like more than his announced weight of 313. Guess I'm never satisfied but it sure is great to see our Packers in action again.

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think colledge is only about 300 lbs but he is quick and agile which is more important in a zone block scheme

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are we having this discussion again? we know their weight\height\etc and why theyve been chosen for this team. deja vu.

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blog/index.aspx ... ntry=22009

Update of the packer's training camp

Good News-
"Perhaps the best news of all was that defensive tackle Kenderick Allen reported at 321, four pounds under his prescribed weight and 20 less than he weighed at the first mini-camp. Allen also impressed by winning all three of his battles in the one-on-one pass rush drill."

Bad News-
"Forty-million dollar cornerback Charles Woodson looked like just another rank-and-file player or at least someone who had skipped most all of the Packers' offensive workouts. Woodson said he was in tip-top shape, but Brett Favre repeatedly smoked him in seven-on-seven. Rookies Greg Jennings and Chris Francies caught hooks from Favre in front of Woodson. Free agent Ruvell Martin beat Woodson deep by a good step, but couldn't haul the pass in when their feet got tangled. Donald Driver climaxed the second 7-on-7 period by blowing past Woodson on a go pattern for and catching a 75-yard touchdown pass from Favre."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
No way they could look good! They missed OTA's!!!! We are doomed!!

<sarcasm>

lol, then they say woodson looked like a rank and file player. owned. OWNED! POWNED!?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eh I guess the experts were right about Woodson..nothing...

But first day of camp or maybe he is that bad

or maybe Favre and the crew are very very very very awesome! :))...i wished)...

But, lets hope it was a bad day and that he will progress as camp progresses.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
eh I guess the experts were right about Woodson..nothing...

But first day of camp or maybe he is that bad

or maybe Favre and the crew are very very very very awesome! :))...i wished)...

But, lets hope it was a bad day and that he will progress as camp progresses.

huh :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is amazing. Were these two people at the same practice?

The same practice and two reporters reports.

Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, who were no-shows during the Packers' voluntary offseason workouts, were in uniform and part of the starting defensive unit during team drills.

Both looked to be in good shape and both broke up passes while matched up against wide receivers during one-on-one drills.

Now… Let’s go to the way the second scribe looked at the same practice.

Cliff Christl, reporter, Journal Sentinel

Forty-million dollar cornerback Charles Woodson looked like just another rank-and-file player or at least someone who had skipped most all of the Packers' offensive workouts. Woodson said he was in tip-top shape, but Brett Favre repeatedly smoked him in seven-on-seven. Rookies Greg Jennings and Chris Francies caught hooks from Favre in front of Woodson. Free agent Ruvell Martin beat Woodson deep by a good step, but couldn't haul the pass in when their feet got tangled. Donald Driver climaxed the second 7-on-7 period by blowing past Woodson on a go pattern for and catching a 75-yard touchdown pass from Favre.

This is the most ridiculous reporting I have ever read. This is CNN Vs Fox. This is Republican Vs Democrat. This is idiotic.

What you have here is one reporter or perhaps both reporters who are not reporting based on what they see, but what they feel will sell papers for their own persona and agenda as a writer to their following.

This is a joke as far as journalism is concerned, this is the selling of papers, and this is the National Enquirer.

I would like to hear from someone from this forum who was there with out an agenda.

My guess is Christl is the Democrat.

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. Political Training Camp....guess ryan wont allow us to talk about football anymore.

his new project: PaintDryForum.com

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't see what the issue is..Christl sited exactly why he said what he said. Vandermause was the more vauge one of the two. his report makes it sound as if both CB's shutdown the entire practice.

by the way, this is day 1 of training camp. if this is worrying people it's going to be a long summer.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i don't see what the issue is..Christl sited exactly why he said what he said. Vandermause was the more vauge one of the two. his report makes it sound as if both CB's shutdown the entire practice.

by the way, this is day 1 of training camp. if this is worrying people it's going to be a long summer.

Arrow,

Christl ripped Woodson a new one.

The fact he started his blah blah by writing “40 Million Dollar Cornerback Charles Woodsonâ€

Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:

I am just glad to get some news once again, news that signals the season is near!

Personally, if there is still a report or two that says Woodson is struggling before week 1, that is when I will start to worry. I expect the dude to be rusty, he hasn't played in how long? If he is still having trouble before week 1, then there is a problem, because our WR group is by no means in the top of the league. Until then, I'll give him time.

Arrow, my only issue with Cliff is that he never seems to be optimistic about anything, he always seems to take the negative road, choosing to cast a more bad outlook than what should be done. He has a massive problem with A-Rod, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has it out for Woodson. I always take his opinions with a grain of salt. No idea about the other writer though.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff Christl has always been controversial type of a sport reporter. He was "a thorn in side" of Vince Lombardi at Vince's news conferences in 1960's' . At that time Cliff Christl brash young reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette , just out of College

His type of reporting in 1960's got him a job with the number one newspaper in the State of Wisconsin, The Milwaukee Journal, now the Journal Sentinel.

Most sports reporters in 1960's covering the Packers merely reported what they heard or saw and didn't confront The Great Coach Lombardi at his news conferences. Cliff Christl asked Vince the questions that Vince did want to answer. Cliff didn't give up on his questions. Which led to some big problems between Cliff Christl and Vince Lombardi. at Lombardi's new conferences. At times Cliff was either was close to getting asked to leave Vince's news conferences or was actually asked to leave. This was 40 or so years ago, so I don't remember the details anymore.

By the way, Cliff Christl is a graduate of Green Bay East High School, which is the same high School that Green Bay Packer founder, GM & Head Coach (1919-1949) Earl "Curly" Lambeau graduated from .

Cliff Christl is in his middle 60's and his next step is retirement for the JS. no job at ESPN for him.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Christl's point was well taken. Both Harris and Woodson looked average for the first day. But if you read between the lines what he is saying is that you have two guys, both highly paid and one thinking he's not, who haven't done anything with their teammates during the off season and on the first day of camp they look like it. Stop and think for a moment. We paid Woodson 52 million dollars, not 52 thousand, but 52 million to stay home and workout on his own in Houston? You've got to be kidding me? And if that's ok in Green Bay, watchout for all the missed OTA's next year. As for Harris, if you want a big contract you better play like it and I don't think missing all that time with your team is going to help you. And I hope I have to eat these words one day.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREAT points packedhouse!!!

Anyway........i always have problems with the whole training camp thing. After all, if the offense moves the ball, which you figure is a good thing, it means your defense is bad. And of course if your D shuts down the O, your offense is bad. Your playing against yourself, so how can you really win......OR lose for that matter?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts