Harrell is Gone Already

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Qtr into the season and Justin Harrell is gone already. I am glad that Tedd & Mike had the insight with what was going on with the potential losses on their Defense by drafting Neal & Wilson.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I was really hoping Harrel would have a good season, but the guy can't stay healthy, is it too late to call him a bust pick?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, time to release him, and open up a spot for another player who can actually play. But, if he goes on IR, a spot will open up. We could have keep Havner, think about that. Instead we keep Harrell who is out in 1 game. Ugh.......

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really rooting for Harrell, I really wanted him to do well. But I think this is the last straw. It's time to say goodbye.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you knew?

If back then yes, but knee?

All 11 posts of yous, not one said Justin will be out with a knee

give it a rest hes a 4th stringer healthy - i suppose tony mandarich is a pro bowler too. knee, hangnail, whatever, how about income collector? the worst since jamal reynolds except at least reynolds played. this guy is either milking it or he's hurt constantly which points to conditioning issues or genetics. truly I feel for the guy if its genetics - but he hurt his team either way, release him and be done with it.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to agree. I wanted since last year for Harrell to come in and be an Impact Player in our Defense but the truth of the matter is that he can't stay healthy - (Knee, Back, Chest Muscle, etc) he has been hurt yearly since his Senior Season in College. On a team where you are only carrying 7 Defensive Linemen and having only 6 active did everyone notice how gassed the linemen that were left were towards the end of the game having to chase Vick around. Having one less man made it worse and with the limits of the NFL Rosters we can't afford to hold onto injury prone players. It's time to cut our losses with him and move on.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a reason that allt he pundits on draft day were shocked when Ted picked him...he was projected a mid to late 2...not a mid to late 1. Injuries, under-achieving, lack of production...he probably should've been an undrafted free agent with what it's costing GB.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
There's a reason that allt he pundits on draft day were shocked when Ted picked him...he was projected a mid to late 2...not a mid to late 1. Injuries, under-achieving, lack of production...he probably should've been an undrafted free agent with what it's costing GB.

Not to mention he cost us a roster spot of somebody who WOULD have been healthy. Guess Giacomini just got activated.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
give it a rest hes a 4th stringer healthy - i suppose tony mandarich is a pro bowler too. knee, hangnail, whatever, how about income collector? the worst since jamal reynolds except at least reynolds played. this guy is either milking it or he's hurt constantly which points to conditioning issues or genetics. truly I feel for the guy if its genetics - but he hurt his team either way, release him and be done with it.

I wanted him gone before this year to be honest...Then his back got healthy figured why not keep him...

I am not saying he is worth anything..

Just it was his back all this time..no one saw the knee coming

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Guy is probably the most injury prone player I've seen after Bob Sanders.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah so bad in fact Denver was going to take him next..

But I agree it was a HUGE reach for that pick

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I said somewhere he was going to kill us for depth. I think the D played great having 2 lineman for big chunks of the game... Neal is looking better and better in my eyes. Raji had some good plays too.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut him now please, so we can all start the healing process of forgetting we ever drafted him.
Im with ya on that. He's done nothing but occupy a spot on the bench which could have been better used for more useful things.. the water boy, a sweat rag, a fly, someones drink cup, etc...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Pickett's opinion on Harrell:

“I feel bad for him,” Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett said. “He’s really tried hard, and he came back to camp and battled and made it through healthy. He’d been playing good ball, and something like this happens on field goal protection, it almost isn’t fair. I just feel bad for him, and I know it’s ******* him.”

The guy is not a malingerer, or someone purposely stealing his salary. But I agree his career with the Packers is now over.

It's always easy in retrospect to evaluate talent. Harrell was a mistake by TT, just like Rogers, Nelson, Jennings, Finley, Raji, Matthews, etc. have been good decisions. We're much better now than we were 5 years ago.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think it's time to let him go. There are a plethora of guys available at that position who will play hard and not get hurt. I hope the Pack figures that out now.

Members online

Latest posts