1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harrell, 1 1/2 and nothing to show for the 15th pick overall

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packer98, Aug 25, 2008.

1. packer98

packer98 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Huge mistake in taking a guy with a history of injuries since high school. By all accounts this kid was a waste for the 15th overall.

Opinions?

2. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Not a wasted pick yet. He was only in his rookie season last year. They need to get him fully rehabbed before they put him out there in the trenches again.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It isn't looking good, he will have about twelve games (hopefully more) this year, or he is done.

Sometimes you lose.

4. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    they just have to get this guy on the field ... i wonder if its just lazyness or a bad work ethic ... i mean if you dont play while your in shape you would be prone to injurys .... this guy seems to be the poster child for injurys ... thats a spot we could really use a guy like him in .... i mean if he is in shape and ready to play ...

5. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    from what i've read and what Thompson has said there doesn't seem to be a problem with his work ethic, they always talk about how he is such a hard worker

6. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    im not trying to bash the guy ... but in most sports ,, if your not in shap you do run a bigger risk of injury ... i geuss im just tryin to make sense of this ... the guy has the size ,,, i just thought we would have seen more outta him by now .. eighter way i think the kid got some bad breaks ( no pun ) ... i hope he can get it together ... if he can get on the field i bet he would be pritty solid ..

7. packerchief

packerchief Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    someone should really tell u he was not the 15th pick :devil:

8. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Lol, I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. I wasn't going to say anything. Just add one.

9. EdwardGein

EdwardGein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, try number sixteen. This is funny when you bash a guy and then not know when he is picked.

10. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    does it really matter when he was picked ... i mean come on ... all that matters is that the kid gets on the field and makes a difference ...

11. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it time to cut the lose on this dude or is it dud. He reminds me of another Reynolds.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    cut your first round draft pick after one season? sigh.

13. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that it could be a tough pill to swallow but do you get paid for not doing your job? I know what would happen to me!! He came here hurt he will leave here the same, how did this dudes college carrer go? How many games did he play his entire college carrer.

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    he is doing his job. he's rehabbing. that's his job right now. he contributes to the team by rehabbing. and i've read he's been working very very hard at his job.

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

Oh . MY . GOD.

16. EdwardGein

EdwardGein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i have to agree with that. if he goes out for the year, he should be done if you ask me, which you're not, so whatever.

17. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All posts to this point were meaningless...this pick is a B U S T!!!! No doubt...the chiefs have had a number of them...the number 6 pick from North Carolina DT Ryan Sims...this is the packers version of Ryan Sims...Bust Bust Bust...lets not be "homers"...lets call it as it is...Harell is a bust!!!
    That is how come KC won only 4 games last year...they wiffed on their high draft choices...Sammie Parker KC's Number 2 WR last year just got cut by Denver...Bad drafting equals 4-12 seasons...How many Harrells errr I mean Busts... are there on this teams roster? Time will tell.

18. EdwardGein

EdwardGein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to me about three people were agreeing with you.

The dude even said, "I think it time to cut the loss on this dude or is it dud. He reminds me of another Reynolds."

Even thinking Jamal Reynolds means bust.

19. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i'm pretty sure this dude is a cupcake, but anybody saying it's time to cut him has their head squarely placed up their ***. he's an investment thats already paid for. on top of that, he happens to play a position where depth is a concern. it's not rocket science.

20. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cutting him now makes no sense. He's already been paid his bonus. At this point, may as well see what he can do when he comes back this year. Give him till the end of next year then make a decision. If healthy, he'll probably be pretty good. Only problem is, if a guy can not stay healthy while not playing real games, what is gonna happen when he has to play against guys in real games. D-Tackle is not exactly the right position for an injury prone guy. Is there another position on the field that takes more punishment all game long?

21. packer98

packer98 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, 16th pick. My fault, but that being said, I am not a fan of cutting this guy it is just this is a wasted pick at this point to what we have gotten out of him, absolutely nothing. Do we need to mention who was picked after and is producing for their teams? What has he done except having been injured since being at UT. Not a very valid pick.

22. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    He hasn't done "much" yet. I just don't see how you can justify saying the pick was a waste. he's had one NFL season. waaaaaaaay too early to say the pick was a waste.

23. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately the expectation of some is that a first rounder should immediately contribute to the team.....I guess you could call Aaron Rodgers a waste until this year.

24. ILOVETHEPACK

ILOVETHEPACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's is what I was trying to say, I do think he is a cup cake.