Hardest hitting Packer currently on the roster

Reaction score
I was recently watching the NFLN Top 10 Starting LB trios, and I constantly heard the word "hard hitting".

After watching the Lombardi trio of starting LBs, I started wondering who the hardest hitting player on the Packers currently was.

In the end, I came down to two players: Marquand Manuel OR AJ Hawk.

I remember a few plays where Manuel and Hawk laid some nice hits on the opposing players.

I can't decide between the two, but it'd be interesting to see if others share my opinion or disagree completely.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hardest hitting...well, for a few weeks last season it was definitely Barnett with the club hand! Haha! We all saw him smacking people around with it!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel really came around late last year....yes, the first half of the season he struggled just as the entire secondary did......and laid some lumber. I would also have to throw Collins in the mix.

But for me, I have to go with Hawk. In most cases, when he hits someone with a great form tackle, they go backwards or stop dead in their tracks.

Honerable mention: Aaron Kampmann...quarterbacks go BOOM when he hits them!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to say Jon Ryan or Dave Rayner. They had a a lot of special teams tackles last year. :rotflmao:

J/k. Aaron Kampman would be my choice.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, zero....put the Astro-Glide away and give yourself a little reprieve.......the thimbleful of thunder cannot take any more of your Brett mancrush!! LOL

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to put Collins in the mix. This thread reminded me of the cheap shot, and it was a real cheap shot that Warren Sapp put on Chad Clifton that game. Clifton was not even in the play when Sapp laid that hit on him. Simply put, there are a number of injuries every week just playing the game. We don't need players taking those kind of cheap shots and threatening someones playing career. See Cheesey, I stick up for the Pack every now and then. :thumbsup:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abdul does it well. So does Kampmann.

Don't count out rookies Korey Hall(#35) and Desmond Bishop (#55)from giving a little demonstration during preseason and special teams that they should be considered.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I'd go with Collins then Hawk. Manuel gets an honorable mention but probably whiffs a lot more times than he lays a good hit on someone because of his complete lack of speed.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with Hawk.

Although the above mentioned contenders, Collins, Barnet, Manuel, and Kampman have had snot smacks. A.J. Hawk has more higlight hits more often. For that reason alone I give my nod to A.J.

P.S.

I agree with Retired. This is taking the Brett mantra too far.

I swear that if Brett dropped an ice cream cone on the street, 30 Packer fans would start licking it off the sidewalk.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Isn't this carrying the "I LOVE Brett" mantra a bit far?
Geez, zero....put the Astro-Glide away and give yourself a little reprieve.......the thimbleful of thunder cannot take any more of your Brett mancrush!! LOL

haha ... yea I know he isn't THE hardest hitter. Boy, I sure did like seeing him tackle people though.

ps, he's the worst chip blocker I've ever seen!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss Chuck Cecil! he wasn't a great player, but anytime he was close enough to nail someone, he would try to BURY them into the turf!
He ALWAYS seemed to have blood dripping down his face! :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts