Hard to gauge this team

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Long season and all but they don't win when they're supposed to win (Miami) and don't seem to play up to their competition neither (Houston, Chicago, LA).

Ok, I'll take a Chicklet and calm down.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
is that a deer, a female deer?

Jumpin' jeehawsaphat...it was ONE darned consonant!! Are you guys being online bullies? If you are, I hear where I can get an eye or something that says that I don't approve. :mad:

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
:pJust have to say an aye does not mean you disapprove. Or to paraphrase, an aye doe not mean you disapprove.

Hmmmm... seems as though the number of folks gettin' in line to kick my *** is growing here. All that's missing it seems is Longtime, who hasn't whacked me since he admitted he like a Madonna song... and I wrote him a prescription for that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jumpin' jeehawsaphat...it was ONE darned consonant!! Are you guys being online bullies? If you are, I hear where I can get an eye or something that says that I don't approve. :mad:
and because of it, i've had this damn song in my head for going on 2 days now. at this point I think i could really go for some vintage Madonna instead and I have you to thank for that.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
and because of it, i've had this damn song in my head for going on 2 days now. at this point I think i could really go for some vintage Madonna instead and I have you to thank for that.

Maybe the song where she's wearing the oil funnels as a bra?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now i have a visual to go along with bad music, you're going on a list.

I'm going to go sand these damn air bubbles out of the trim I finished, 3 coats and they show up on the last. Iron Maiden radio on the pandora and a day of sanding and finishing should cure this.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
now i have a visual to go along with bad music, you're going on a list.

I'm going to go sand these damn air bubbles out of the trim I finished, 3 coats and they show up on the last. Iron Maiden radio on the pandora and a day of sanding and finishing should cure this.

No prefinished trim for you... ohhhh nooooo...

Yeah, I hear you. Air bubbles are never my problem. I can't get past the danged tack cloth.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No prefinished trim for you... ohhhh nooooo...

Yeah, I hear you. Air bubbles are never my problem. I can't get past the danged tack cloth.
I'm happy to report, everything is nice and smooth now

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm happy to report, everything is nice and smooth now

It's a blessing and a curse at the same time isn't it? I mean, in all likelihood NOBODY would have ever noticed the air bubbles ... and anyone looking closely enough to find them, and point it out should be backhanded ... but YOU know they're there and they'd drive you crazy every time you looked in the trim's general direction.

By blessing and a curse, I'm referring to "attention to detail". I like you ... will keep going until I'm happy with the finished product. Now, I'm no St. Joseph the Carpenter, but I've been helping my son renovate his house over the last two years, one room at a time - and I drive him nuts with my "unh... damn, look at this..." and then go back and rework something.

He inevitably says, "You're not building a church, Dad." I say, "Yeah, well I know it's there". That's the blessing and curse. I'm not skilled enough to be overly picky so needless to say, I've wasted a lot of trim and lumber because I mitered a bad cut. I'm a freepin' banker...you'd think I'd let stuff for the professionals right? Grrrr... nooooo oooo oooo....

So, in closing Mondio, I advise you to go back and look a little more closely. ;) There's gotta be something else there. There just has to be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not pro either, but I did grow up the son of a contractor. So, from about 6th grade on, my summers and non sports weekends were on a job site somewhere. It was great. Those early days were mostly moving lumber, getting things, a glorified monkey boy basically and we always seemed to be building on a lake somewhere so I'd work part of a day and fish a lot of it. So many memories. Of course by 8th grade I was using all the power tools and there was no time for fishing. A lot of log homes with hardwood. No need to to get a floor grinder for this oak floor, I have my son and a belt sander and a whole lot of time. I sanded for days and days and when the owners couldn't stop staring at their floors I knew it was a job well done.

He also never paid extra for the boom truck either when the shingles came. That was for me and a friend, my ladder. :) Today I don't think you can order shingles without them putting on the peak for you.

But there is something satisfying about doing your own work. Sometimes I wish I'd just pay someone else to do it, but it's hard to do when you've done most of it before. I don't want to disappoint my dad LOL.

Good luck with the renovation. you'll never be good enough to be overly picky if you don't keep trying :)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In all seriousness our starting pitching has to be addressed. Outside of Woody and Davies I don't have a lot of faith in the rest of 'em. :unsure:

That's been an issue the last 3 seasons. I think they believe they had it handled. I don't think they can pull off what they did last year again.

Members online

Latest posts