Hard Nosed and Headstrong

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow what the hell is going on up in the offices of the Pack. This news about Javon has got Packer nation spinning into the abyss. As I have looked into the situation I can see two or three underlying things going on.

1. Javon in his pee brained idea center saw the Pack sign Green to a incitive laced contract after an injury that in most circles is a much more devestating injury than Javon had. (hence his reference to it)

2. TT has not found that balance that is needed for effective leadership. If Javon feels slighted there has to be something to it. TT is known as a hardball player when it comes to contracts. I dont believe you can just tell players hey bub you just have to suck it up. While Javon may have scored a 9 on the Wunderlick that is a mute point. He has been GB and Favres go to guy. While I dont think you throw the bank at him some concession needed to be done.

3. Javon is again suffering from bad advice and believing the ********. if Javon was (SMART) he would quitely play. Have a great year and then go for the payday. HE is in a ba position just like Green was.

So with that said here is what I would do if I were TT. Javon has said he would retire rather than play. I would tell him ok pal retire then and dont play. We dont have to pay you then either. Then in the same sentence tell him listen. You are a great player who is needed in GB we want you here. If you cool the retoric in midseason we will get together weith your agent and get you a long term deal with what you need to make your life better.

If TT does not learn to give a little on these things GB will become New Orleans north and will never really compete again.

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since free agency is starting, this is the time for Walker to make his move.
It was clear for quite awhile that he wanted out, althought this is irrevocable now. I don't think this puts him a "Packer people" category that MM wants!

It's too bad, this is a losing deal for the Packers and Javon. No good trade bait for us and no big contract for him. Pretty dumb. he must really hate it in GB.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would put a whole lot of this on TT. The only renegotians I have seen are those restructured to help teams get under the cap. I don't guess Javon fits that mold much.

Didn't Javon's agent just say that they wanted a deal done before the start of the season? If that wasn't the case why didn't he ask it to be completed by now or whatever? The season is still four months out.

TT knows enough about the buisness to understand the importance of dealing with guys in their last year of a contract.

It would seem to me that to make sense of things he would want to negotiate with the FA's at hand to determine where things stand and get contracts done with those guys before working with a player that already has one.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Didn't Javon's agent just say that they wanted a deal done before the start of the season? If that wasn't the case why didn't he ask it to be completed by now or whatever? The season is still four months out.

Great point. Let's use our cap room to better the team and sign our draft picks. Then we'll see what cash is left over to sweeten any deals that need to be sweeter. However, TT did mention that they expect Javon to honor his contract, end of story.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If a team were to sweeten a players deal it would sure as heck be harder to do it after they go public saying they want to be traded. Personally I think it would have been best for Javon to **** and talk behind the scenes, bust his *** off for his payday after the following season ended. He saves face and gets paid, end of story. Now he looks like a titbaby who can't honor a contract.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TTs actions go with my theory of JAvon not being able to afford the fines\penalties his holding out would cause him.

Lack of money is why hes mad, and we're about to take mroe from him week by week if he misses camp\games.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TTs actions go with my theory of JAvon not being able to afford the fines\penalties his holding out would cause him.

Lack of money is why hes mad, and we're about to take mroe from him week by week if he misses camp\games.

I do believe when Javon was asked last year why he didn't hold he referenced something about the love of the game and not wanting to get penalized in the wallet. Although I could be confusing TO and Javon or vice versa. Either way it was said by Javon it would be stupid to be asking for more money then top that off by not going to work. You don't get paid if you don't go to work. Unless your a weatherman.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker has to be dumb as stone. He has not bargaining power. He went though that last year. He's mad at Favre, except, Favre was right. The kids had no bargaining power. If he wants more money there are two ways to get it, one is to perform, the honor is be an honorable person and perform. The latter will get you huge money, the former will make you more money. Of the two, I'd take huge money. Walker should shut up.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Trade'em both and toss in a KGB for a 1st rd pick to the Broncos and their third round pick.

Trading Javon to Denver is a real possibility, although I doubt we could get more than a 2nd round pick for him. Before we do that though, we need to get Rod Gardner signed.

Trading KGB on draft day could happen if we sign Kampman and draft Mario. Otherwise, I think KGB will still be here.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should relize he needs to prove he can still play. Look we payed kampman because he earned it now javon should prove that this year then we will pay.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts