1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by jnells, Nov 24, 2007.

1. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Link: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=689399

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great article. I was just about to start a thread on the Harris vs. T.O. matchup, which will be one of the keys to this game. I don't remember how they've played against each other during their careers.

Here's a little appetizer from an NFL scout, from an article in the online Green Bay Press Gazette:

Terrell Owens (64 receptions, 17.1-yard average, an NFC-leading 13 touchdowns) is having a big season and has to be accounted for. Packers defensive coordinator Bob Sanders almost surely will put cornerback Al Harris on the best receiver all day and play him with physical, bump-and-run coverage.

Though Owens is big (6-foot-3, 224 pounds), Harris’ tactics might neutralize him.

“These will be the most physical cornerbacks he’s faced,” the scout said of Owens. “Someone asked me if I’d rather have Owens or (Randy) Moss, I’d take Moss, he’s more competitive. This guy, for a big receiver, if it’s a contested football, he doesn’t go get it like you think he would. When you bang him around you can take him out of his routes.”

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How great is it for the Packers to have a leader like Harris to help younger guys like Bush and Williams pick-up the art of press-coverage?

Harris sets an example by spending so much time after practice, he is showing the young players on our team what it takes to succeed.

And then facing a CB like Harris (and C-Wood) in practice no doubt makes our WR better each week.

All in all, I think it may be time to start a "THE OFFICIAL WE LOVE AL HARRIS" thread. :D

BTW, the pic accompanying this article is just too good not to be used as an avatar.

4. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wholeheartedly agree aadp.

I was tempted to use it as an avatar too, but I decided on the Tremon Williams return over it, cause Hunter has that #1 in the air haha.

5. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Al is gonna have the biggest matchup in this game.... COme On AL!!!!!!!!!!

lets get to 11-1

6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always felt Harris was one of those guys we take for granted. It's about time he's getting some credit. I'd like to see him in the Pro Bowl.

I think what the scout said is right. T.O.'s not going to like being pushed around by Harris.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Reading the article, the part where Al says he cramps up when the weather is 20 degrees.... it might be even more proof that playing Dallas on their turf in the playoffs might be more beneficial.