Hard choices in WR

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wow! You must be very proud of your team. You know what? That would make a great plaque. Maybe they could hang it on the wall at the corporate offices. You know, where a trophy case would normally be.
WOW! The first trophy jab of the season. Can't believe it took until the last week of the season for someone to whip it out.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Jordy looks washed. That happened fast.

Josh Gordon trade asap
Don't think so. Certain QB and WR's have connections. Rodgers and Jordy have that. I wouldn't worry about it until next year. If he is off then, then you might have problem. Throughout his career he has a 4 reception per game average. He is just under that this year. And when Rodgers played, he was over it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is getting too many concussions to be a long term answer.

Jordy should retire.

Cobb is too expensive for his wavering production.

Another problem is Rodgers. This nonsense about 'trusting' his receivers has to go. If Drew Brees can throw a 54 yard td to Ted Ginn, jr., then Rodgers can sure as hell learn to work with new receivers.

Also, it's funny, Janis is vilified as a bad receiver but good special teams player. Every time the guy is on the field, he produces. Whether it's as a gunner on STs or running post patterns in the Cardinal playoff loss, he produces. I'm not saying he's starting material but he's shown he can make plays. This 'trust' nonsense has to go. I don't hear Brady or Brees or Ryan having a threshold of trust that must be met by receivers. Why does Rodgers cling to this notion? Play to the talent that's available...not the talent you want.

The trust is about WR's being where they need to be. If they don't know the plays, or can't run the routes right, then it screws up the QB.

Darrin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One or two games in four seasons does not a track record make.
I disagree. You think he'd be with the team dropping those bombs he caught from Rodgers?

You're awfully dismissive of another man's work-product for one so comfortably seated in front of a computer.

Last edited:

Darrin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trust is about WR's being where they need to be. If they don't know the plays, or can't run the routes right, then it screws up the QB.
I think everyone knows that.

It would seem that cutting those routes down to a manageable few would greatly improve accuracy / success. Don't you think?

These are kids. Many are not that bright. As a coach, you play to your strengths, right? It would seem counterproductive to ask these athletes to do more than what they are built to handle. Seems almost obvious.

No amount of education, coaching or whatnot is going to change that calculus one iota. Show Janis 100 plays and contingencies and he will walk away with 50 of those (for the sake of discussion) and that will not change. So play to those 50 plays he does know...all posts and flags and crossing patterns.

Darrin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stretching the field wasn't the problem. Jordy was open deep plenty of times. Cobb was open down the field, Adams was open down the field, Davis was open down the field. Our problem was having a QB get them the ball when they were.
I'm not sure what you are referencing. For a couple of seasons, I have read that GB receivers cannot get separation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are referencing. For a couple of seasons, I have read that GB receivers cannot get separation.
They'll write anything to gain readers. Just pander to what the masses are saying and you'll gain readers just drooling to click and link to prove how right they are .

I remember reading that Adams was too slow and couldn't get separation either and GB needed better receivers 2 years ago lol. In 2 steps he makes most of the league look silly off the line. Mike and Ted and Rodgers and everyone else told you how good he could be, but writers and the masses knew better LOL

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not understanding....the lack of love for Jordy the first 5 games with rodgers he had 6 TDs...yeah zero since but projected out to full season with 12 on the field, i would say he would be leading the league right now with roughly 14 TDS. Hopkins is the leader with 13 in second is Adams with 10. Who knows maybe with Rodgers this year jordy would be around 14 TDs and Adams around 13 TDs . 1 and 2 in the league...very possible. So Jordy isnt going anywhere , maybe a pay cut, i bet he would be fine with that. More than once jordy has stated he has more money than he ever could possibly need.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
im not understanding....the lack of love for Jordy the first 5 games with rodgers he had 6 TDs...yeah zero since but projected out to full season with 12 on the field, i would say he would be leading the league right now with roughly 14 TDS. Hopkins is the leader with 13 in second is Adams with 10. Who knows maybe with Rodgers this year jordy would be around 14 TDs and Adams around 13 TDs . 1 and 2 in the league...very possible. So Jordy isnt going anywhere , maybe a pay cut, i bet he would be fine with that. More than once jordy has stated he has more money than he ever could possibly need.

If we don't revamp the receiving Corp somewhat we could be looking at 2015 all over again and that's with Jordy. It's time to get Rodgers a big time weapon.

Jordy isn't the same player. He is still a good player but not the same.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also believe had Rodgers been under centre Jordy could be over 10 TD’s and knocking on the door of 900-1000 yards. The production drop off coincidentally aligned with Hundley not Rodgers throwing the ball.... Jordy will be on this team in 2018. A pay cut might be on the cards at most.

Adams is for real and needs to be locked up but Cobb I’m not too hot on.... we could upgrade in the draft

Reaction score
Stretching the field wasn't the problem. Jordy was open deep plenty of times. Cobb was open down the field, Adams was open down the field, Davis was open down the field. Our problem was having a QB get them the ball when they were.
Um. I must’ve been watching a different game.
I saw receivers that were so covered down the field that when the ball was overthrown the closest man to it was a defender. While there were several long throws BOTH QBs missed (at 5 degrees temps that is expected) the Wideout getting outran to the longbsll ball by 3 yards is unacceptable and is not the fault of ANY QB.

Either our receivers are too slow, or they aren’t selling the underneath move enough or both.

I’ll cut them slack due to field conditions being slick but there was no separation whatsoever on several long throws and that’s on our receivers. Which means he has a point we didn’t stretch the field and Hundley was forced to either throw long or put it up for grabs

btw I also counted 6 dropped passes that were VERY catchable including a TD that would’ve been caught by 60% of the starting receivers in the league.

Last edited:

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Jordy and Rodgers both have chemistry over on it. That is why Rodgers was missed for Nelson.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. You think he'd be with the team dropping those bombs he caught from Rodgers?

You're awfully dismissive of another man's work-product for one so comfortably seated in front of a computer.

Just for info, where are YOU sitting? :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Janis is on the team for his above average ST play. If not for that he'd be selling used cars. After 4 years, one cannot say he needs an opportunity. He needs to seize it or get out of the way.
IIRC, at the time I posted I was reclining on my settee with my infant grand-nephew in one arm (babysitting day), using my tablet.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts