1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Happy Male Extortion Day!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Feb 14, 2006.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems that a Valentine isn't good enough, nor is dinner, or flowers.

Men must purchase things for February 14th to ensure the domestic tranquility. Every year expectations are higher. It is a foolish man who does a lot more than last year because he just raised the expense bar for himself for next year.

Does the guy get anything special in return?

Is it just relationship maintenence cost along with aniversary, birthday, and Mother's Day?

It is a very wise man who marries a woman born on February 14th on February 14th. It reduces cost.

If your single, never ever start buying flowers. You will have to all the time then. My lie was that I was allergic to them. Never bought her one. I have saved a lot of money over the years and it is not expected.

One coworker bought his wife a BMW car for an anniversary present and his wife cried because he did not buy flowers. A rose under the wiper would have meant a lot more.

One gentleman I know married his wife on her birthday. Every other year he instigates a "dispute" that week and he doesn't buy anything to show how "angry" he is. She still hasn't caught on.

Men you have to be smart about these things or you spend too much!!

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i got the girl a flower from the gas station. 1.50 plus 20 in the tank.

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This only works with some women, but my fiancee likes to save $ whereas I don't want to wait to enjoy all of my hard work to the time when I have a titanium hip (some then, just not all) so we obviously have differing philosohpies regarding money. I got out of buying her flowers ever again by using this trick. On Valentine's Day three years ago I bought a dozen roses (for $100 by the way) and had the florist "accidentally" leave the receipt in the flowers. She freaked after she saw how much they cost and said she'd be very upset if I ever bought flowers again. The downside to this strategy is she's starting to hint that jewelry would be a good substitute.

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    tsk...tsk...tsk...if ONLY your significant others KNEW your little tricks!?!
    i am happy to say that my hubby had a dozen roses delivered to me today. it's really the thought that counts, guys. a simple card is good enough - as long as it something meaningful written in it. :daisy:

5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I spent $116.00 on my wife today. All I got from her was that I was cooking dinner tonight. Doesn't seem fair does it?

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I spent, ah, whatever lunch cost today. My wife hates valentine's day, so I get out of jail free :)

7. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every year I try to tell my wife that our anniversary cancels out Valentine's day. After six years I still haven't convinced her. Good thing I'm a Lion's fan; there's always next year.

8. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    my god.

9. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can never go wrong with one of those over-sized Valentine's cards. That way you have room to copy down the lyrics to some Brian McKnight song she's never heard and claim you wrote it for her.

Or if you have no shame or dignity, you could always claim your grandmother died on Valentines Day. Then you have a just reason not to celebrate the holiday.

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All holidays are so commercial these days,,,but guys you dont have to spend a fortune to say "I Love You"....shouldnt say that in response to ALL woman..some like expensive things...I like the simple things in life...the little things are what matters...:)

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I got my wife a card, and took her to "George Webb's". (Only the people from Wisconsin will know what this is!) It's a hamburger place. Now........thats where she WANTED to go! Me, i never need a special day to buy things for her, or to tell her i love her. She does the same for me though too. She will get surprise presents for me. This August will be our 25th anniversary. I'm hoping to be able to do something special for her, but i have no idea what yet.
    I guess i'm not a CHEAPSKATE like YOU guys!!!
    Instead of looking for ways to "get out of it"......why not try ways to make more then just ONE day special?

12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you got a wife? :p

13. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course he's got a wife. She's deaf though. And after reading some of his jokes GOD is she glad she can't hear them. jusy kidding cheesey!

14. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hahahahahaha :p

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! OK BIG3!!!
    Thats ok though..........I KNOW SIGN LANGUAGE! (So now she closes her eyes when i tell a joke!) :wink: :lol:

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yes he does & she's a very sweet & kind lady. :D

17. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    are you his wife?

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! No......she isn't......but she MET her! :wink:

19. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :stupid: :rotflmao: :crazy: as much as i like cheesey, no i am NOT his wife!!! he's got a great one so no need for another!!! now i need a beer!
    :pals:

20. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so polygami isn't allowed in the US?

21. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    only in Utah...where all the dirty Mormons settled.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hmmm.......Jules NEEDS a beer! "Gonna wash that man right outta my head!" LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

23. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hahahahaha

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Gakk,.......i have a feeling you are PADDING your posts to try to keep up with me! Just ask Jules........it won't work!!!LOLOL!!! :wink: :lol:
    Right Jules??? :wink:

25. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Padding? You mean in wonder bras? Okay that was bad,,,sorry guys....