1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

happy birthday in heaven...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4packgirl, Sep 26, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    today would have been my dad's 71st birthday.

one year ago today, i was in the midst of planning his surprise 70th party & riding in the combine with him.

today, i will take flowers to his grave & remember all the good times we had together.

when i get home, i'll ride in the combine with our tenant, drink a beer in his memory, & cry. :cry:

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A man could not ask for a better daughter.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    God bless 4packgirl. My mom died 20 years ago and my dad two years ago. You'll never forget them but the crying will be less and the smiling will be more as time passes.

See your dad in your twins!!

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Happy Birthday to your Dad!! You are the "Best" Daughter...I will remember your Dad today and you...my thoughts are with you my friend..

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Illy.........you were lucky to have him as a Dad, and he was lucky to have YOU as a daughter!
    Hold on for dear life to those memories!
    Depack said it well "You'll never forget them but the crying will be less and the smiling will be more as time passes."
    This has been true for me as well. My Dad used to tell me "Your never truely gone until everyone forgets you." Your Dad will live on through you and your boys.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry 4PackGirl, I know it hurts.
    I've been there with both my parents.
    Like everyone says the hurt lessens over time and the memories become more special.
    Still every now and then you have to have some tears.
    Take care.

7. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear ya 4pack, I lost my dad 7 years ago when I was 13. His birthday was also this month, on the 13th. He was only 42. I feel your pain. But I guarantee he's looking down on you and smiling.

8. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you so much for your kind words & thoughts - it honestly means the world to me. :)

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    4Pack it's always good to know relationships end on a good note even though it makes it tougher but nowadays so many people lose loved ones that they had unresolved issues with so just be thankfull for that. I can just imagine your Dad being one of those guys just like my Grandpas who you know the only way they'd ever get off the field is when their layed to rest. Everyone else wonders why they don't retire but they don't realize there's no place they would rather be. You can take pride knowing these are the kind of men who layed down the foundation for this great country and the hard working family man. Another reason for joy is knowing even though you may feel bad your boys won't grow up with him around you can at least feel blessed for those few years they at least had with him. It would feel a lot worse if they never got to see him at all. So I hope this can bring you a little encouragement and I'll say a prayer for you and your family as I climb on my tractor.

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, cdn. we made it through yesterday fairly well. i got very weepy in the afternoon & the boys asked me why i was crying. i told them that it was because it was 'tractor grandpa's' birthday. they said "i bet he's having his birthday in heaven, mama - please don't cry." so, i pulled myself together & the boys & i took our ride in the combine. they talked about my dad the whole time - they miss him too.

and yes, you're absolutely right about my dad. he fought his cancer for 2 years valiantly - never slowed down one bit. last year, he finished harvest on oct. 17th (with help from friends) & 10 days later, he was gone. he was just a great, hard working, & kind man who will never be forgotten.

11. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A belated Happy Birthday to a wonderful man who made life better for his wonderful daughter. Hope you are smiling up there, you deserve to be !!

12. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Happy Belated B-Day to your father, 4Packgirl.

He was a very lucky man to have been blessed with a daughter who holds his memory in such high regard.

Take Care.

13. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another Belated Happy Birthday wish to your dad 4 Pack girl. I lost my dad five years ago. It was very sudden and unexpected. He was such a great guy. It does take a while to get over the lost feeling, and I don't think you ever really get over it, but it gets easier to handle as the years go by. There will always be things which will remind you of him, but they are always happy things. God Bless you.