1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween is close.....I FEEL IT

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Murgen, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I was typing a post here at the kitchen table, all the kids are in bed and so is the wife. I don't have pets (other than fish). I'm looking at the laptop screen typing and I SWEAR, I see my 3 year old walking into the kitchen from the periphery of my vision since I'm looking down. I'm thinking "What is she doing up?" I look up to tell her to get back in bed and...

nobody is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of creeped me out.

So, speaking of GHOST STORIES. Or just scary stories in general.

We had a problem with some teenagers who were involved in occult stuff back in the 90s in the suburb I was living in. This was nearly Dallas Texas. My house was next to a 200 acre ranch that was being developed into single family homes. So the rancher and family were gone. The ranch swept up to a hill that overlooked my parent's house. My bedroom window faced "the marsh" as we called it because of the large ponds (natural springs) out there and the cattails etc... The top of the hill was covered with a fairly thick stand of trees, you could say small woods.

I turned off my bedroom lights to look out my bedroom window at the stars (yes, I really did, I'm a nerd). The window was open cause the weather was finally cooling off, must have been fall if I recall. Pretty damn near Halloween. So my light goes off. I start seeing figures in the marsh walking toward the top of the ridge. In my memory they were wearing hooded capes. Sounds nutty, but that is how I remember it. They didn't have flashlights so I didn't see them until I turned off my bedroom light. I just couldn't stop watching them as it was BIZARRE to be out there at night with no flashlights at least. Must have been some light from the moon/city lights as they were hard to see, but not impossible.

Anyway, More news about teenagers and occult stuff in the local news. Me = whatever I was a kid. Cops will catch em talk to the parents, put them in psych wards, put em on meds and that will be that.

Me and my friend (an Eagles fan btw) were just hanging out. I told him about what I saw. So we start heading up to the top of the ridge. We'd been up there before and there was a dirt road leading into the woods. We never had followed it before, figured it just lead to nothing. But, we followed it anyway.

Well, about 300-400 yards into the woods, we find a dirty old mattress. We're laughing that it's a makeout place for the high school dudes and that is probably what I saw last night. Them going up there to make out. I was in Jr. High. We then see where they had a firepit, and some plastic sheeting in the trees for like makeshift shelter or something. Some beer bottles etc... Then I look up into the trees, and I was like...."Ahhhhhh!"

I ask my friend "Aren't those dog's heads"!? He was like "Holy ****!" There were 4 dog heads stuck in the tree, and the dog heads after they died, I'm guessing caused the muscles to contract so the faces on the dogs was like they were growling and looked like they were about to attack. One was a Dalmatian, I remember that one.

My friend and I started looking around, all of a sudden, it wasn't feeling so safe there. My adrenaline was pumping and I was ready to run like hell out of there if somebody popped out of the woods. I am happy to say we didn't ever meet anybody up on the road leading out of there.

We called the cops, they went up there and I would see em patrol up there nightly after that for like a month. Dunno if they ever caught the bastards who were killing dogs. Or the bastard. I kind of always thought it might have been the guy across the street. He loved killing toads by nailing them to his fence. Looking back, he probably was a Psychopath in training.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I never have to go looking for creepy stuff, it usually fins me!!! I've seen ghosts, mainly in old houses. I usually have more of a sixth sense of them then sense of sight. I can tell you some creepy stories but most of them are too creepy to post here as may read this and it's a bit disturbing. Anyway, by the time I finish posting this, it will be midnight, so an official Happy Halloween!!!

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    51 minutes to go for us in CST. Ok, Kitten, you can't tease us with "stories too scary to tell" and then not tell us. Spit em out!

My mom had a friend back in the 70's who got into this occult group. Hate to use the term "Satan worshipers", but that is how my mom called em. My guess is probably wiccans or something. The group was run by a college professor from UW believe it or not. Anyway, she started having all sort of weird *** **** happen to her where she was thinking she was being attacked by evil spirits (i.e. demons) and spells cast on her. Maybe she was somewhat psychotic to start and the suggestions from the "group" were pushing her over the edge. I dunno.

From my mother's perspective being as she is an ex-catholic nun, you can imagine where it headed after that. I think the reason she talked about it to my mom was because she was an ex-nun and thought she would understand and could help her battle the "demons". Basically the lady was terrified at that point of the group and the perceived control over her. My mom helped her "relocate" to another state away. That pretty much ended the lady's issues. My guess is some powerful suggestions caused her to become psychotic for a time. When she felt she was safe, the mind was able to snap out of it. that's my explanation.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,006
    All right I have one for you. Back when I was married to my second wife, and yes I'm on number 3, we lived in a house that we were renting in Arlington, VA. The owner had lived there for several years after buying the house from the estate of the previous owner who had died in the house. Anyway, several months after moving in I kept finding my car keys in different spots than were I put them. When you first walked in the front door directly to the right was a fire place and I would always put my keys on the mantle. Every once in while I would find them on the other side of the room on the bookshelves. I asked my wife about it and she thought I was doing it to her car keys.

In the winter we would have doors close by themselves, other small objects would move around the house. No, we never saw them move they would just be in different places. One night my wife wakes me up and says someone is in the room. I don't see any one and she said he was by the bedroom door. Over the next month this happened about 5 more times. Each time she told me the figure of a man was getting closer to the bed. But he always disappeared when she woke me. Finally one night instead of speaking to me she just nudged me, I woke up and at the foot of our bed was man standing there. Of course I let out a "Holy $$$$", and he disappeared. I saw him three more times, the last time he was on my wife's side of the bed looking down at her. Really kinda weird.

After talking about it with several friends one of them suggested we talk to the "ghost". So we did. We told him it was ok that he was there and we understood that he was stuck and we would do nothing to harm him. The doors still closed, although no longer at 3 AM, the keys still moved but were easier to find. Just more of a "friendly" nature to the whole thing.

Now, I was not one that believed in ghost up until then, I thought they might be possible but I needed more than stories. Which is what I got. Anyway, to finish up the story, while living there my wife decided she had to move on from our marriage, we left the house and were later divorced. The owner sold the house to a young couple. About a year and a half later I was in the neighborhood and met the couple who bought the house. I asked them if their keys ever moved or doors ever shut. Needless to say they just about crapped their pants because it had been happening to them. They wanted to know how I knew because they had told no one. So I told them the story, they were kinda freaked out because they had two young kids.

Anyway, that's my "ghost" story. Every word true. I don't expect some of you to believe it, but I don't care, I lived it.

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    OK Murgen, it's kind of personal to me though because it involves my best friend when I was in High School, that's why I was hesitant to share it. It's kind of a vampire story if you will.

When I was in High School, my best friend was this guy James, we were both weird and into some weird stuff. We played these RPG (roll playing games), with Star Wars and this vampire card themed game. We were into a lot of sci-fi stuff too. We were really close and there wasn't much I wouldn't do for him.

But when we graduated high school, things got weird and not in a good way. I don't know how to explain it, but he began to change in ways I didn't think possible. He joined this vampire cult in south Philly, yes people who really think they are vampires. He became involved in all this underground vampire stuff, they even drank blood. I met a couple of those guys and let me tell you, just being in the same room with them terrified me. It just felt bad, and I felt like I wanted to run from that room and never look back.

The last memory I have of James, we were standing in my parents house, he had come over to visit me. I noticed something was off when I looked into his eyes. They weren't reflecting light and when I looked deep into them, I saw death. I saw a void that was once a soul I knew very well. You can tell a lot about a person by their eyes. They are the windows to your soul. His eyes were dead. It wasn't just his eyes, his whole presence had changed, he wasn't James anymore. That was the last time I saw James and I never heard from him again. I went from talking to him every day for years to that.

I hope I'm explaining this right, there is a lot of this I don't understand myself. I can't tell you how it was standing in that room with him, it's like being scared and not knowing why. There was a coldness, like it was sucking my essence, energy, trying to drain me of light. Something inside of me, some inner sense was warning me of danger. I still think of James and it breaks my heart each time, we were so close. It was like watching your best friend die but not in a physical way.

There may be such a thing as vampires, just not as Hollywood portrays them. I don't know what happened to my friend, if he's still with the vampire cult or what. Dead, undead? For all I know he has a family now and he's happy, I hope that is the case. There are some things that are too disturbing to even think about.

6. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    That's a good ghost story, Raptorman. I think you guys handled your ghost perfectly. As far as believing in ghosts, I shared your philosophy, kind of like I'll believe it when I see it (only now that philosophy includes vampires too). I don't understand why, but people tend to come to me when they need paranormal advice, when they hear a bump in the night. I guess they figure, OK you're pretty dang weird, you explain this.

I think 85% of ghosts are in the non-evil category. When someone dies tragically or unexpectedly, there is often that sense of trapped energy, like a static pulse that is just stuck, frozen in a timeless dimension. I think sometimes when somebody dies, they don't always know they are dead. Like "phantom" pain when someone loses a limb, they can still feel it even though it is gone. There is also the "unfinished business" category and this is not always a good thing. "Bad ghosts" usually occur when there is bad energy involved in the way the person died, such as murder or suicide. This can also be repeated in the "unfinished business" only now you have a ghost who is not only pissed off but looking for vengeance too.

Ghosts, whether people believe in them or not, are more common than people think. Some of them don't bother with the living unless they have to. Raptorman, I am quite certain, now this is a cold read mind you, but it is obvious to me that your ghost was the man who lived there previously and died in the house. He just never left. I wonder if your bed was in the same place as his bed and if his wife slept on the same side as your wife. That could of been why he kept going over there. You absolutely did the right thing by "talking" to him. Most of the time if they are interacting with you (moving your keys and other objects) and you can see the ghost, it's because they want to be seen. Often they just need some reassurance that you are not there to do them harm or sometimes harm or radically change their land if the ghost is attached to a place such as a house. The ghost probably still considered that house to be his, you were kind of just sharing it with him in a sense.

We share this planet with many things, many people, we must all live in harmony with one another. The Spirit Realm is ever a part of the Physical Realm. I learned to think of everything as part of everything else. I like to live in harmony with humans, nature and yes...ghosts!

An interesting thing about Halloween if you are interested in ghosts. On Halloween, it is said the veil between the living and the dead is at its thinnest. Meaning, it's one of the best times to see ghosts!

7. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Vampire Cult. I've heard of this before. Sounds like he was just lost into that world. Kind of strange, but hopefully they only drink each other's blood. Heh. You'd think that wouldn't be very hygienic.