1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween: Favorite Horror flick

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by BobbyOShea, Nov 1, 2007.

1. BobbyOShea

BobbyOShea Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    For me... 13 Ghosts..

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I say Scream was the best.

4. BobbyOShea

BobbyOShea Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Scream is good just for the fact that it pokes fun at a lot of stereotype horror cliches, yet falls into the same cliches itself. You know that movie came out over 10 years ago?? crazy, huh?

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh, horror films. Now we're talkin'!

I think the greatest horror film of all time is The Exorcist. I know one of the trends of the last few years in horror films has been the "creepy kid", but this is one of the only films (along with maybe The Omen and Pet Sematary) to really pull it off. There hasn't really been a horror film made in the last 10-15 years that was any good. Saw was, eh, ok (the sequels are horrible). Hostel was ridiculously boring. The Texas Chainsaw remake and prequel were terrible, terrible films. Rob Zombie's films were pretty decent (House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, and the Halloween remake.) The Halloween remake was alot better than I thought it was going to be. Anyways, I'll stop. Horror films are one thing I'm pretty much a snob about.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Carrie" was a good one.
    "Sixth sense" too.

7. BobbyOShea

BobbyOShea Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto on that, sir... except I do like some of the flicks that have come out recently. I left Rob Zombie's movies off the list but was pretty close to adding them. I haven't seen the Halloween remake yet (heard good things) and am going to to 30 Days of Night on Friday (also heard good things). I thought Hostel was an outstanding "growth" movie for Eli Roth. He's a guy to keep an eye on. Anyone who has a passion for the horror genre like Roth is bound to make some classic horror movies in his day. I never liked Texas Chainsaw Massacre or andy of the Halloween movies to be honest... I don't know why. The "creepy kid" thing always gets me.

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually do like Roth as a director. I just thought alot of the things in Hostel were just there to try to push things over the line. I shouldn't have said there haven't been any good horror films made in the last 10-15 years. There have been some good ones. I just happen to like the ones from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Has anyone here watched Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments? Great, great show.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Scream also like Scary Movie LOL

10. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre from the 70's is great.

Sean of the Dead is a good spoof of zombie flicks.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh yeah.....i saw "Texas" in a theater back then. It was scary, AND funny! The guy that played the father of leatherface in that movie, reminded me of a kind of deranged "Milton Berle!"

12. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Halloween, only the first one.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    agree...I didnt think I would like Sean but I actually thought it was good.

The Exorcist, I like the one with the added footage, when she does the crab crawl down the stairs is just CRAZY

The Omen and Pet Sematary are all very good ones as well..The Ring was good, but then I watched just recently and didnt think it was that good..

13 Ghosts is another favorite.

14. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kazam! Anything with Shaq acting is scary as heck

15. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Carrie was excellent. it seems its on every day of the week.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "For back pain?" His "Icy Hot" commercials scare the HECK outta me!!! :lol:

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I gotta tell this story.......I'm not usually one that scares that easy. Well, me and the wife were watching "Carrie" at the theater. The part where she's putting flowers on the grave, and it's soft focus, with sweet music playing..............and a HAND shoots out of the ground and grabs her!!!!!
    Well, i was NOT expecting that!.............i yelled out the word "S**T!!!!" at the top of my lungs! The whole theater started laughing at me!!! I darn near fell on the floor! I ended up laughing at myself!

18. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    See, you can't get those scares anymore. Every film tries to throw one of those unexpected hand out of the grave, or someone jumps infront of an outside window, types of scares. The Texas Chainsaw remake was full of them. It really cheapened the movie, with the main scares coming from the "jumping scares" and not the subject material. Carrie did it well, so did the first Friday the 13th. They just don't work like they did in the good old days.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You know what i think ruined scary films? The fact that NOTHING is left to the imagination anymore. You want to see it? With computer imaging they can litterally do anything and make it look real on film. Even on TV the 'gross out" factor is unreal. You watch CSI, and they show the bullet going into the person, you see it tear through their intestines letting the toxins go into the system, the whole thing. You see them dig the bullet out of a guy's head or something. So we wonder WHY people are desensitised to violence.

20. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my top 10:

10. The Evil Dead (1979)
    9. The Devil's Backbone (2001)
    8. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1919)
    7. The Birds (1963)
    6. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    5. Nosferatu (1922)
    4. Eraserhead (1976)
    3. Repulsion (1965)
    2. Rosemary's Baby (1968)
    1. Psycho (1960)

21. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clive Barker's Hellraiser (1987)

Beyond the blood & gore was a twisted love story that shows just how much of a monster human beings can be. This movie is a classic to me. It just works on so many levels.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know......for pure terror, AND plenty of laughs, i would suggest watching any of the 4 Super Bowl appearances by the Vikings! :wink:

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ju-On (Japanese, do not see the American version), the 3rd in the series. Scariest movie I've ever seen, easily.

Someone already mentioned that staircase scene in Exorcist. That was a good added scene.

Someone tipped me off before I saw Carrie. If I hadn't been tipped off about the grave scene, I would probably have jumped.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats like 6th sense, if you already KNEW the psychiatrist was dead, it would have ruined the whole movie. Fortunatly, i didn't know that when i went to see it, so it was a shock for me.

25. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah great. so much for watching that tonight. Thanks a lot Cheesey. LOL