1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Had to have my cat put down today.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Oklahoma_Packer, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I had a 15 or 16 year old cat, that developed Lymphoma (Or so I was told) and it got the best of her and she finally started to get where she couldn't do anything. She couldn't eat, drink, or move so today she had to be put down.

;(

2. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I'm sorry for your loss. :(

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I had to put down my Rouen duck last week. It's leg got dislocated and I thought it would get better but it didn't. Got to the point it couldn't get out of the pool. I knew it was time.

My cousin had to put down his 14 year old lab. It got bone cancer.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I love cats.
    Back in the late 90's, my live-in GF's cat slowly deteriorated and then had to be put down.
    My GF was my ex-GF by that time, but I still loved the cat. I balled a lot when that cat had to go to be put down.
    I shed no tears over breaking up with the GF, but the cat dying tore me all up!

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Sorry for your loss. Personally, I've lost 2 dogs, one I had to put down, the other was hit by a motorcycle. It's though man.

6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +305
    Sucks putting down a pet. But it sounds like it was for the best...

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Sorry to hear about your cat :(

8. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I had a doberman for 11 years and had to put him down this past January so I know how you feel. I never felt so F'd up in my life when I took him to be put down.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know its going to be tough for awhile but you can make it through it.

9. gbpfan

gbpfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :( dont know what I would do without my little kitty

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Hugs to you. Often times our bond with animals is stronger than our bond with humans. Wishing you strength of spirit in this time. I've lost many creatures myself, and with time I came to know the paw prints they left upon my heart were eternal and it gave me comfort. But like with any loss, it's a wound that can only heal with time and love. Take it one day at a time. I've always believed that being loved by an animal is one of the greatest gifts we can receive, they don't just love anybody. My prayers for you and your kitty.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Sorry to hear that...I too have had to put dogs down an it is one of the saddest times in my life..

Here is to hoping that your dealing with it okay

12. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +905
    Its definatley the worst thing about pet ownership, i had a 15 year old Female cat. I had to put her down near the end of the summer last year, i felt awful for doing it. All of a sudden she became lifeless could harldy walk and went off her food. Took her to the vets and he took a blood sample we found out it was organ failure. Keeping her alive in such a way would have been awful, its the saddest thing. But i think you are doing the best thing for your Pet.

13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    awwww I hate when we lose pets... but thankfully we have the option to be merciful towards them.
    Its hard to lose them regardless.

14. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    In this situation, I like to be grateful that the animal had a loving home. Think of the great life your pet had...because of you.

15. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I might be going through the same thing right now.:(

16. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Bummer

17. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yes she passed tonight. 19 years old. Would have been 20 in September. Got her when I was in junior high.

Really tough to imagine her not being around.....she has been around since I was so young.

Everyone tells me I should be grateful she lived so long and was so loved. I am. But, I really never wanted her to die but it was her time. I thought she might live forever once, she seemed like miracle kitty.

18. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754

Sorry about your baby.

19. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    My condolences. Remember, there are LOTS of other wonderful kitties that would love a new home. ;)