Guys, relax...there was a reason why Moss didn't come here

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Guys, relax...there was a reason why Moss didn't come he

I'm guessing there were lots of reasons Moss didn't come to the Packers.

Probably the same ones nobody else came to the Packers this offseason.

Frank Walker came!!!! lol

i think... thats his name

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Moss is a turd. He has a ****-poor attitude and a cancer in any locker room he is a part of. Much like T. "Primadonna" O. I am glad he is not going to be wearing Green and Gold this or any season.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm guessing there were lots of reasons Moss didn't come to the Packers.

Probably the same ones nobody else came to the Packers this offseason.

:rotflmao:

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since Ron Wolf left, the Packers have made terrible decisions on players. TT seems unable to pull deals to get quality players in GB. He got Woodson to come to GB, but that's about it. The article I read, stated the Packers didn't even try for Moss. I'm sorry, but I just don't see how the Packers have improved themselves. What has TT done to get GB into the playoffs?
TT keeps getting AVG players, and it reflects in our AVG record.

As long as TT is afraid to get "impact" players, and goes after mediocre players, we will always be a 8-8 team.

I thought this draft was terrible, we passed over to many decent players.

Reggie Nelson, and A. Pittman , Ben Patrick should have been Packers

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6753656

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Since Ron Wolf left, the Packers have made terrible decisions on players. TT seems unable to pull deals to get quality players in GB. He got Woodson to come to GB, but that's about it.

Ryan Pickett
Koren Robinson
Frank Walker
Ben Taylor
Dave Rayner
Jon Ryan

Just to name a few

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, the draft would have been ok if the team had landed Moss.

Why?

The end of the line for Brett Favre could very well be this year. I take the draft so far to mean "we're going to win with what we have". But our primary division competitors all have gotten stronger. If the Packers had landed Moss, it was a clear sign to Brett that the team is interested in winning this year.

My take on the trade(a fourth round pick--Barbre or Moss--who would have more impact?) and working out the dollars. So Ted is going to go into the season with lots of cap money(Tightwad Ted rises again) when he could have opened the vault on a one-two year deal to a proven game-breaker.

Maybe Moss felt the Pats are closer to winning than Green Bay. Why is that? Because they've gone out and aggressively tried to make their team better. Remember, the Pats are one of three teams that humiliated Green Bay at home LAST YEAR. Green Bay has largely marked time, while a very good team made themselves better.

If the Packers try to land an established running back in the coming weeks, some of the sting of this near fruitless off-season and mediocre(cheap) draft will be salved a bit. But I suspect heirarchy thinks they can win with what they have.

Brett Favre won't do what I'm about to suggest, but if I was Brett Favre, I would call a press conference and change my mind and retire. He doesn't need another season like the last two.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm in agreement the Packers don't seem to have improved much on paper. That's something you can't sugarcoat.

But. Say the 49ers have, but for how long and at what cost? DJ has issues holding onto the ball. He and Hacket (i think it was him) had a helluva lot of drops. And if DJ was such a great pick up for the 49ers, why did the Seahawks (who are in the same division) trade him to them?

What we have to go off now, nothing impressive other than the re-signing of some of our key guys. Harris, Jenkins, Cole etc ... The truth will be found during the season. I'll let every other team win the off season as long as we win the regular/post seasons.

The Packer COULD have been a contender to get DEEP in the playoffs this year with some key additions. Moss and a key RB would have been a good start with the players we have already.

Yes we resigned Cole and Jenkins, but then we draft another DT and not fill any of our other needs.

Brett is in his last year/s. There is no question about it. Why not take Quinn? Rodgers is a bust but the Packers are afraid to admit it. Nobody else wants him, so a trade is useless.

You cannot sugarcoat this draft....it was C-R-A-P CRAP! Yes, these players may turn into something good, but why go after an underdog when you can bet with the odds?

Ted Thompson has done NOTHING good for the Packers in his short stint here. I say get rid of him now or we will be bailing out the ship for the next 10 years for the mistakes he has made.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Maybe Moss felt the Pats are closer to winning than Green Bay. Why is that?

3 in ten years
XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17

Vs.

1 in ten years
XXXI Jan. 26, 1997 Green Bay 35, New England 21

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dhpackr said:
Since Ron Wolf left, the Packers have made terrible decisions on players. TT seems unable to pull deals to get quality players in GB. He got Woodson to come to GB, but that's about it.

Ryan Pickett
Koren Robinson
Frank Walker
Ben Taylor
Dave Rayner
Jon Ryan

Just to name a few

Dude, this is an example of TT going after AVG players right?
You're not saying these are the key players that will get us in the playoffs are you?

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Ryan Pickett
Koren Robinson
Frank Walker
Ben Taylor
Dave Rayner
Jon Ryan

Just to name a few

You're not saying these are the key players that will get us in the playoffs are you?

Agreed. With the exception of Pickett these are mediocre players that weren't really highly regarded going into free agency. Woodson and Pickett are the only two FA of note that he got to come in, and most teams were afraid to touch Woodson because of his temperment/injury history. TT just doesn't attract talent from other teams, bottom line.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Ryan Pickett
Koren Robinson
Frank Walker
Ben Taylor
Dave Rayner
Jon Ryan

Just to name a few

Agreed. With the exception of Pickett these are mediocre players that weren't really highly regarded going into free agency. Woodson and Pickett are the only two FA of note that he got to come in, and most teams were afraid to touch Woodson because of his temperment/injury history. TT just doesn't attract talent from other teams, bottom line.

:thumbsup:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Draft has warped some peoples intelligence. Think of who was available and for what price and where the Packers stood at that time.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Draft has warped some peoples intelligence. Think of who was available and for what price and where the Packers stood at that time.

Yeah, cause we have no money to spend, right? Instead we'll be paying a guy who is constantly injured and won't start this year. Great draft!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reggie Nelson was available in Rnd1 A. pittman was there in Rnd2

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:

Reggie Nelson was available in Rnd1 A. pittman was there in Rnd2

I'd rather have had Nelson, but I think Rouse is going to be a stud for us. I don't know much about Pittman, the RB I wanted was Michael Bush.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So you think that signing Frank Walker was all that we could do with the money we had. There was no one else that could have been brought in at a reasonable price to help our team?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd rather have had Nelson, but I think Rouse is going to be a stud for us. I don't know much about Pittman, the RB I wanted was Michael Bush.

:thumbsup: