guy on fb saying matt ryan is a better qb than rodgers...

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
follow our convo and tell me what you think... my name is keith

Chris
After thinking more about how these guys perform individually and taking into consideration the organizations that they play for and the talent that they play with while also taking into consideration how the team was performing before they showed up, here is my revised list of the TOP 10 NFL QUARTERBACKS:
Yesterday at 12:24pm · Like ·
Eren Lasichak likes this.

Chris Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks
(Note: Rankings were based on who I would want for my team individually)

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Philip Rivers

5. Matt Ryan

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Joe Flacco

8. Ben Roethlisberger

9. Josh Freeman

10. Matt Schaub

Honorable Mentions:

11. Tony Romo

12. Eli Manning

13. Michael Vick
Yesterday at 12:24pm · Like · 1 person

Ryan i'd put big ben top 5....hes a winner
Yesterday at 12:26pm · Like · 1 person

Chris Again, read the status though, Ryan. I'm taking into consideration the organization and the talent they had around them when they stepped in as the starter. That make Matt Ryan a better individual player in my mind.
Yesterday at 12:28pm · Like

Ryan oh ok true
Yesterday at 12:29pm · Like

Chris This isn't as much as a "success" rankings list. It's more of an individual list. That's what most people are going to get confused with lol. Watch, someone is going to crucify me for having A-Rod so low, but he DID get to learn behind one ...
See More
Yesterday at 12:31pm · Like · 1 person

PaulI see you somewhat listened to me last month when I told you matt ryan would have won a SB in Pitt. Much better list
Yesterday at 12:36pm · Like

Chris Well, people say that anyone could win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh and that's not true. They went like 25 years without winning one, so that proves false, but if you were to put A-Rod and Matt-Lanta on Carolina, Matty would take them further. I truly believe that.
Yesterday at 12:39pm · Like

Paul They also went 25 year without a QB. So yes you need a great QB to win won unless you can put a D out there like the Ravins did that one season. I also think when people say that about Pitt they are talking now or recent. Neal odonnel dam near got it done one yr
Yesterday at 12:45pm · Like

Branden you have Peyton @1...no complaints
Yesterday at 2:41pm · Like

Chris Only because you can go 11-5 with Brady's team, but when Peyton goes down, I'd love to see Curtis Painter go 11-5.
Yesterday at 2:45pm · Like

Branden exactly..same can be said for big ben
Yesterday at 2:46pm · Like

Chris Agreed
Yesterday at 2:46pm · Like

Rebecca Who cares......??????
23 hours ago · Like

Keith you honestly believe matt ryan would take the panthers farther than rodgers? seriously? rodgers is not only a better passer, but a much more mobile qb... when matt ryan wins a playoff game, then maybe you can argue that
22 hours ago · Like

Keith michael turner joined atl in 2008, as did mike smith... then gonzalez in 2009, so it's not like matt ryan was the only difference that turned that team around... he's a really good qb, but i don't see how you could put someone without a playoff win ahead of super bowl winners... the best players play great when it matters most
22 hours ago · Like

Chris Keith:

1. Yes, I do believe Mattlanta would take them farther. This is based off of the individual players themselves. Not their wins, not their teams' success. Individually, I would rather have Matt Ryan. Again, This isn't as much as a "success" rankings list. It's more of an individual list. That's what most people are going to get confused with lol. Rodgers DID get to learn behind one of the greatest QB's of all time, has a GREAT organization, GREAT offensive minded head coach, along with the best WR core in the NFL. Don't you think that helps his success out just a little bit?

The Packer franchise wasn't coming off of a 4-12 year when half the city was still on the back of the former QB (Vick), and was against the Falcons drafting Ryan. He came in, shut everyone up on his first pass (which was for a TD) and hasn't had a losing season since, something Michael couldn't seem to do. Ryan had much more pressure on his shoulders than did A-Rod, AND he was a rookie when he took over. He MADE Roddy White great.

2. Forget Michael Turner. NO ONE knew Turner was going to be that good, so mentioning him is irrelevant in Matty's individual analysis. Tony didn't come over until Ryan's sophomore campaign, so that is also irrelevant since Matt had already showed us how talented he was going to be before Gonzo got there. Same goes for Mike Smith, however, under the same circumstances that Matt was faced with, Mike Smith showed us that he is one of the best coaches in the game.

3. Matt Ryan can't win a playoff game by himself. That is a team effort. You can't penalize him because the defense was 20+ against the pass last year.

4. The best players HELP the team play great when it matters most, but at the end of the day, it's a TEAM sport. The TEAM decides whether or not they win or lose, not one single player.

5. Don't let fantasy football skew the view on reality. Just because Rodgers is a better QB for a fantasy team, does not mean he's the better overall QB.

6. Think of it this way: Ben Rapistgroper doesn't have 2 Super Bowl rings if he isn't a Steeler. The organization as a whole helps the player succeed, and under a franchise like Cincy, Cleveland, or Carolina....Matt Ryan would make them more successful than Aaron Rodgers would.
19 hours ago · Like

Patrick I knew Turner was going to be that good.and you should know this mr.charger.he was very solid behind tomlinson
5 hours ago · Like

Chris Oh, no doubt about that but no one thought he would turn into a top 10 RB.
5 hours ago · Like

Keith ‎1. yes I do think that helped rodgers, but he's still a great individual player. would he have been as great without backing up brett favre? NO ONE knows, so implying it would is ignorant.

2. I thought michael turner would be really good that year which is why I picked him up in fantasy that year. and yes, you should have seen his potential since he was a charger. and mike smith got there the same year, 2008. everyones perceptions of those 2 is irrelevant, what happened is what matters.

3. ur right, football is the ultimate team sport no question. however dan marino can not be in the same category as brady, montana, young, elway, et. because he didn't win a super bowl. therefore, you can't say he is a better individual talent, just like matt ryan.

4. " "

5. fantasy football has nothing to do with this.

6. no one knows that about ben. he wins, that's what matters most
3 hours ago · Like

Chris So what you're saying is Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Warren Moon, Archie Manning, Steve McNair and Dan Fouts cannot be put in the same conversation as Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Joe Namath, Mark Rypien, Tony Eason, Rich Gannon, and Jeff Hostetler because they did not win a Super Bowl???

That's ludicrous.

There are flaws in both of our arguments, but looking at a single team's success to judge a QB is not the only thing that I'm going to look at when evaluating a player. There is much more to it than that in my opinion and what Matt Ryan had to overcome as a whole was incredible. Sure, Michael Turner was great when he got to Atlanta, but Roddy White wasn't great until Matt Ryan took over, so that's also something you have to look at. Plus, Ryan did this all as a rookie.

But if I'm going to choose a QB to lead my franchise for the next 10 years between Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers, I'm sure as hell not going to pick A-Rod just because he has 1 Super Bowl when he had the MUCH better team around him already anyway.
3 hours ago · Like

Keith no im not saying that, marino is an example of a really good player who could have been great (in my opinion) had he won 1 super bowl. that does not mean winning a super bowl automatically makes you great, it just gives that player an edge when comparing to qbs with very similar career stats.
7 minutes ago · Like

Keith and i don't think you can say that ryan made roddy white a great wr. his numbers in 07, the first year he was really a starter, are VERY similar to the 3 years after that. no drastic increase in numbers. i think we'll just have to agree to disagree lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issues with his rankings are QB are pretty much endless. Joe Flacco? Really? Vick at 13? Manning at 1?

If I were you I would just compare Manning and Rodgers, you should be able to destroy him using the past 2 years. Brady is a much tougher argument, so I would avoid that one. Picking apart his #1 will cause him to go insane im sure.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Ryan would not have won in Pitt. Their line is terrible. Ben works well bc he rarely goes down, and can extend plays as well as anyone since the gun slinger was in his prime.

ck1one183

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. One thing to mention on that whole "much more pressure than A-Rod"

Give me a break! Rodgers dealt with the whole Favre saga like a champ while fans weren't sold.

This guy is high.

Jasonfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of what that guy says is ridiculous, For Example:

Rodgers DID get to learn behind one of the greatest QB's of all time, has a GREAT organization, GREAT offensive minded head coach
2. Forget Michael Turner. NO ONE knew Turner was going to be that good, so mentioning him is irrelevant in Matty's individual analysis.

-Most people knew Turner was going to be good, that is why he was signed to a big contract

-I almost fell out of my chair when he called McCarthy a Great Offensive Mind. Look how many times last year the Offense was held to 14 or fewer points (Washington even held us to 13!!!)

**Ryan is protected FAR more than Rodgers is. GB basically puts the entire game in Rodger's hands whereas Atl protects Ryan through Ball control and consrvative play calling. Generally, the better QBs are not that protected as the coaching staff wants as much in that player's hands as possible. If Ryan is really that good then the ATL coaching staff must be incompetent (unlikely)

*****Him listing Flacco as #7 was also comical. Flacco might put up good stats vs Bad Teams but sucks against Good Defenses. Watching Flacco struggle vs Pitts D every year shows this. Good QBs simply do not get held to like 100-150 yards passing consistently

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol rodgers did it with NO running game!! wasnt the falcons a running team hmmm? nuff said

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) "Mattlanta" is the dumbest nickname ever. EVAR.

2) I like Matt Ryan fine, but Rodgers is light years above him in every single aspect of the game. Matt strikes me as more of a game manager than a QB. There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

3) As for surrounding offensive talent, the teams seem pretty even. Our receivers are better as a whole, their running game is better. They have a HOF TE, we have an ambulance case.

4) Rodgers holds the all time record for passer rating. Oh, and he's 4-1 in the playoffs AND a Super Bowl MVP. Ryan is 0-2 and isn't even listed in the top 162:

NFL career passer rating leaders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell your friend he's on crack if he really believe Ryan to be a better QB. I don't care what the criteria is, Ryan isn't even in the same ball park.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His argument that Turner isn't as good of a weapon because no one knew he was going to be that good makes no sense at all. So what if no one knew he was going to be good the fact is HE WAS that good and proved to be a great weapon.
So then last year CJ Spiller was a great weapon because he was suppose to be?

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is retarded...
I just wasted 5 min of my life reading this thread...
Everyone knows that the best qb ranking is:

1.) Matt Flynn
2.) Matt Flynn
3.) Matt Flynn
4.) Matt Flynn
5.) Matt Flynn

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What I find hard to believe is that someone actually cares what someone else said on Facebook. While I belong, I look at it as a way for people to put forth drivel that they normally have no one else to tell. Bottom line, who cares what he thinks. It's like the power rankings, in the grand scheme of things it means squat.

OP
OP
cupacker

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His argument that Turner isn't as good of a weapon because no one knew he was going to be that good makes no sense at all. So what if no one knew he was going to be good the fact is HE WAS that good and proved to be a great weapon.
So then last year CJ Spiller was a great weapon because he was suppose to be?

that's EXACTLY what i was trying to say in one of my replies to him. it doesn't matter what people THOUGHT he would be, it only matters what he did. this guy calls himself a sports analyst, yet makes a qb list like this. i know a lot of people on here don't care what other people think, but ignoring facts just makes me angry. that makes people stupid, and i hate stupid people.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now you can all get a glimpse at one of the reasons I hate the Falcons' fans so much. Ryan is a solid game manager, but they think he is in the company of elite QB's.

Quite frankly, I think some of you guys here give Atlanta way too much credit. I just don't believe you can have a decent franchise when you have to give discounts on hot dogs in order to lure the fans into the stadium before kickoff. And this during a season when the team went 13-3.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his opinion is discredited immediately at the part where he says Manning is the best QB in the league.

It's Rodgers and Brady in whatever order you wanna put them in... then everybody else sucking their dust.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First glance at the rankings and #1 is not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, so it's not worth reading already.

Members online

Latest posts