Gute Mock 1.0A

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever reason if a post takes too long to write it does not post so here is my mock 1.0A 2010 17-32:

17.BAL - Haden CB/BIG need
18.NYJ - Williams WR USC/Re-sign Edards and add Williams - score!
19.PHI - Davis OT/PHI always seems to go OL or DL in the first, RT a need
20.ATL - Carter LB UNC/He can play weak or SLB
21.HOU - Jones S/this is a major need and I think they go S here RB later
22.DAL - McClain ILB/Austin and Crayton take care of WR, go OL in 2nd
23.GB - Spiller RB/I think this will end the RB debate in GB. Grant/Spiller
24.NE - Bryant WR/another weapon for Brady, plenty of OG and LB in 2nd
25.CIN - Lupati/best guard in draft, need
26.AZ - Barksdale OT LSU/Suprise!
27.DEN/SEA - Clausen QB/insurance when Hassleback goes down
28.NYG - Spikes LB/DT is a need, but so is MLB
29.PIT - Romeus DE/DEs are getting old and hurt. Has size to add 20
30.MIN - Price DT/need the DL depth
31.NO - Lewis LB/need
32.IND - Hughes DE/gonna have a couple DEs free agents after 2010

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that if Grant doesn't step up this season, we will need a RB. The big thing though is whether to try to draft one in the 1st round or later. Packers still need more secondary and D-Line help. I see the vikings either drafting a d-lineman or a QB to groom for the future. I'm interested to see though how our O-Line fares the rest of the season. Big questions with the 2 offensive tackle positions. TJ Lang has a ton of potential and Barbre is looking solid.

OP
OP
G

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant stepped up last week and hopefully it was a sign of things to come. Spiller would give GB that 3rd down threat we really need as well as PR and KR. If Lang holds up against Min then I believe we are lookin at GBs future LT unless we draft in the top-10 and have a shot at Okung. I don't think DL is that much of a concern IF we re-sign Pickett and Jolly. A starting SS is a major need, but I don't think one worth the pick will be there. Another OLB is likely and would probably be worth it - maybe Hughes.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have one other good D-Lineman in the rotation. I think it would really help. Anyone think it would be worth taking a shot at drafting Anthony Dixon? He's been somewhat inconsistent this season, but he's looked alright nonetheless.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, maybe a DL in later rounds. We def need to draft another LB in one of the early rounds though, that is key with the 3-4. A few mock drafts are having the 3 best offensive tackles going to teams before us in the 1st round, so it's hard to say to draft an OT in the 1st even though it's a huge need. Selvish Capers from West Virginia could be there for the Packers to draft. I need to see some more videos of him to see how he is. It would be hard to pass up on some players if they fall to us like a good running back or cornerback(since Harris and Woodson are getting old).

BucoBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ol

Maybe The packers can make a trade with the bucs we have Aron Sears who did not play this year not sure why the say something personal . But bucs need all the draft picks they can get . I am hoping we get Tim Teabow we have what proberly will be first overall pick in draft they are saying we will proberly draft dt or safety with that pick .Teabow is going to be a great player no matter what position he ends up playing .

AsRealAsItGets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of Ryan Grant. He gets hit, he goes down. He barely breaks tackles. He gets all of his yardage in the 4th quarter when teams give up and he just tries so hard so he can break 1,000. Whatever. This guys a joke of a running back. He runs too high, rarely breaks tackles, and can't shake a guy loose for whatever reason. I'm not sure Jacksons the answer either. We need to get a good running back in free agency this year...who's available?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best running backs that will be free agents in 2010 are Lendale White, Jerious Norwood, Darren Sproles(will probably get re-signed), Willie Parker, and Leon Washington(again will probably get re-singed because he's such a playmaker for them).
It could be possible that Lendale White will be available in Free Agency because it seems Chris Johnson is the number one running back in Tennessee. It would be interesting to try to trade for Steven Jackson, he could have at least 3 more good years in him.

OP
OP
G

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't figure Grant out. Maybe it's the OL play, but he does seem to go down easy. A change of pace guy would really open the running game and I am a huge fan of Spiller. I think GB will have a good shot at drafting him, but OT sure is a priority. GB will most likely get a LT in the draft since free agency is thin at LT, but not so much at RT. How likely is it that GB will be able to get two starting OTs like they did when they picked Clifton and Tauscher. Eric Winston and Jeremy Trueblood will be free agents and maybe Tyson Clabo. The OTs most likely to be on the board when we pick in the first will be Bulaga, Trent Williams(?) and Brown. Brown's stock has seemed to slip and some think Bulaga will be a better RT then LT or maybe even a guard. Trent Williams has played both tackle positions, but is he a LT in the pros - the Senior Bowl and combine should answer that question. The nice thing OTs in the first round is that they intend to pan out - much higher precentage of success compared to WRs and QBs.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If toby gerhart is there in the 2nd round for the Packers to choose, should they? Seems like he could be a huge bust or do wonders. With his style of play there's no grey area.

Members online

Latest posts