Grossman to Take Over?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Sun-Times:

Grossman will be 'in the mix'

November 10, 2005

BY BRAD BIGGS STAFF REPORTER

Rex Grossman might not meet his goal of being on the practice field in two weeks in preparation for the Bears' Nov. 27 game at Tampa Bay, but the quarterback is on his way back from a broken left ankle and will be practicing next month.

His return has been a hot-button topic for talk shows and is sure to create more interest once he hits the field. General manager Jerry Angelo has said he wants Kyle Orton to be the starter the remainder of the season because that would mean the rookie is playing well.

"We have a plan in place, and that's to put Rex into the mix to make our quarterback position better,'' coach Lovie Smith said Wednesday when asked about Grossman's looming return. "Kyle is our starting quarterback, and from there, Rex will make the position better, no more than that right now. It's just good to see Rex out on the practice field getting better each day, jogging, throwing balls. He's in all of the meetings. That's making us a better team.''

When asked if having Grossman dressed for the Buccaneers game was his target, Smith joked that Nov. 26 was more like it.

"That's about the time we thought he would come back,'' Smith said. "But we're just going to see. I just know that he's been doing a great job with his rehab, and we'll see exactly where he is from there.''

Orton wasn't thrilled when asked if he had played well enough to keep the job when Grossman returns.

"We're 5-3 and in first place in the division,'' Orton said. "So I'm just going to wait and let Lovie make the decision.''

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one thing I'm really worried about. I say if it's working don't fix it. Grossman hasn't played enough to prove to me he is the starter.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grossman has never really "won" that job in the first place. He has only proven that he can get hurt so far.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i for one am SHOCKED that there is yet ANOTHER quarterback controversy in chi-town!!!! :loser: :jumpsmile:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts