Grossman hurt again!?!?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
he got nailed on a Rams blitz and stayed on the ground for a while grabbing his knee. he did get up and limp for a few steps before the trainers told him not to so it cant be season ending or anything like that.

man...if i was a Bears fan i would be breaking things right about now.
 

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
The Bears should have looked for a new QB a long time ago, just like the Lions. None of the ones they have are very reliable. I'm surprised they ever win.
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
CaliforniaCheez said:
Rex Grossman left the Ram's game in 2nd Qtr clutching his left knee. He left on cart.

Was his left knee the one injured last year?

it was his right knee.

espn is saying its a sprained ankle now..not sure why he would be grabbing his knee for an injury like that, but thats the last thing i heard.
 

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
0
Location
Citrus Heights CA
3-4 months out with fracture of left ankle.

J.T. O'Sullivan to be picked up when Packers cut him??
Vinny Testaverde is out there.

The Bears may bite the bullet and go with Orton giving him experience which may be their best long term solution.

Grossman will be back for the December game against the Packers.
 

Ryan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
3,371
Reaction score
1
Location
Omaha, NE
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2132968 (tano1998)

Second major injury in two years for Bears QBAssociated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman broke his left ankle early in the second quarter of Friday night's preseason game against the St. Louis Rams and will be sidelined three to four months.

Grossman, who played in only three games last season before being sidelined by a right knee injury, was hurt with 11:08 to go in the half as he threw a pass. After being flushed out of the pocket and being spun around by Trev Faulk, he got back to his feet. While limping, Grossman signaled for a trainer.

He then sat down and grabbed his left knee. He slammed his helmet on the cart before he left the game.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Chad Hutchinson.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons. They could be stuck in a similar predicament this year given that backup Chad Hutchinson is unproven.

General manager Jerry Angelo said in the offseason that he was committed to having a veteran backup on board, but the team passed on Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson and Jay Fiedler.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Hutchinson, who led the Bears to their only first-half score on the same drive.
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
Philtration said:
Unbelievable! I have been waiting for a franchise QB since the 60's. :wall:

i think Obi1 willed it to happen just to spite you. hehehe...

seriously though, maybe we'll find out what Orton is really made of?
 

Philtration

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
Unbelievable! I have been waiting for a franchise QB since the 60's. :wall:

i think Obi1 willed it to happen just to spite you. hehehe...

seriously though, maybe we'll find out what Orton is really made of?

I'm afraid that they will play Hutchinson no matter what. That is what they did last year with Quinn (worst QB ever) Angelo should be beaten for not getting a back up again after seeing what happened last year. The fans knew it, the sports writers knew it and everybody but Angelo seemed to understand this. This sucks the air out of the season before it even started. I guess that I have to hope for the Sox to win the World Series. :x
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
Philtration said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
Unbelievable! I have been waiting for a franchise QB since the 60's. :wall:

i think Obi1 willed it to happen just to spite you. hehehe...

seriously though, maybe we'll find out what Orton is really made of?

I'm afraid that they will play Hutchinson no matter what. That is what they did last year with Quinn (worst QB ever) Angelo should be beaten for not getting a back up again after seeing what happened last year. The fans knew it, the sports writers knew it and everybody but Angelo seemed to understand this. This sucks the air out of the season before it even started. I guess that I have to hope for the Sox to win the World Series. :x

if they give the job to Hutchinson thats just idiotic. that dude is a failure prototype...not sure why he still has a job really. they already know what hes gonna give you guys, Orton and his lack of experience may not be any better, but i don't see any reason why he shouldn't get a fair shot at it.
 

wpr

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
0
I laugh at the Bears misfortune but I really feel bad for Rex. He has to wonder if his career is ever going to get started, not when is it going to get started.
 

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
2,253
Reaction score
2
Location
North Dakota
I feel bad for him, but I just can't bring myself to feel bad for the Bears! :wink:

I wanted GB to pick up Rex Grossman out of the draft b/c I thought he had a lot of potential. The guy seems to be stricken with bad luck. Hopefully this is his last major injury and he can get some NFL football experience under his belt.
 

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Lovie said that Hutch is the #1 as of right now but they "like some things they've seen from Orton." Wouldn't surprise me to see Hutchinson start week 1 and maybe 2 and then give way to Orton.

Is Jeff George still on the Bears or is he out of the league again?
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
I'll bet they are glad they drafted Orton. I am not very high on him, but he has looked good so far. If he is as good as he looks he will probably beat out Hutchinson by reg season.
 

Philtration

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
Unbelievable! I have been waiting for a franchise QB since the 60's. :wall:

i think Obi1 willed it to happen just to spite you. hehehe...

seriously though, maybe we'll find out what Orton is really made of?

I'm afraid that they will play Hutchinson no matter what. That is what they did last year with Quinn (worst QB ever) Angelo should be beaten for not getting a back up again after seeing what happened last year. The fans knew it, the sports writers knew it and everybody but Angelo seemed to understand this. This sucks the air out of the season before it even started. I guess that I have to hope for the Sox to win the World Series. :x

if they give the job to Hutchinson thats just idiotic. that dude is a failure prototype...not sure why he still has a job really. they already know what hes gonna give you guys, Orton and his lack of experience may not be any better, but i don't see any reason why he shouldn't get a fair shot at it.

Hutchinson was surfing in California when the Bears called him out of desperation last year. Not one team in the NFL thought of this guy as worthy of a roster spot and now you give him the job by default? Play Orton evey game and see what you have because we already know what we have in Hutchinson....a clipboard holder at best!
 

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
2,883
Reaction score
5
Location
Lambeau Midwest
NDPackerFan said:
I feel bad for him, but I just can't bring myself to feel bad for the Bears! :wink:

I wanted GB to pick up Rex Grossman out of the draft b/c I thought he had a lot of potential. The guy seems to be stricken with bad luck. Hopefully this is his last major injury and he can get some NFL football experience under his belt.
You sure that isn't because of a weak O-Line for protection?

I'd go with Kyle Orton - he may well be the QB of the Future in Chi-town!
 
Top