Grifith to the Raiders

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
No one has come out and declared it is all over.

Do you have anything valuable to add to the discussion?Perhaps something to help those that are pissed off that we lost out on Griffith?

I agree, with every FA signing I initially got pissed but the reasoning eventually took over...sometimes i wanna know why

I think fullback was an area of great need for us, we had one of the top tier fullbacks in the league here and couldnt get him, i'm upset but we won eight games with zero productivity from this position...

I thought the prospect of signing griffith was HUGE, considering i'm coming from the school of thought that a running back is only as good as whoever blocks for him...to have a lead blocker behind an improving offensive line would've been great for us

Many of the contracts that were signed this offseason were ridiculous, granted, but for a young team who is 8-8, and with a Bears team where who the hell knows which team shows up next year...this team is on the cusp, and I think all of those "push us over the edge" types of players are signed and its a little frustrating

but however through all of the years of following my teams (Packers, Flyers, Braves) all of the gm's for my teams have done some things that make little/no sense at the time but they pan out, and that's why these gm's make the big bucks...I sort of talked myself out of being pissed this post...what is key is...I think it's so much easier to be held accountable for something you did, compared for something you didn't do...and maybe Ted knows something we don't know, I've supported him all along and why stop cause a fullback signed somewhere else...I'm still playing wait and see, but the waiting is outweighing the seeing 100/0 so far...I hope the best comes out of whatever we're waiting for...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm heavily disappointed because now we'll have to use a draft pick on a FB. It wasn't necessary. I went along with TT because the money being spent was ridiculous. But $3.8mil over 3 yrs. was a steal. We couldn't afford $1.5mil/yr off our $25mil cap space? Some are saying that TT must not have thought much of this guy. Then why bring him in and spend two days talking to him? No! TT tried to low-ball a successful, experienced blocking FB and once again came away with an empty sack. We're going to need a lot more than 7 picks this draft.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm heavily disappointed because now we'll have to use a draft pick on a FB. It wasn't necessary.

sigh...and neither will be drafting one. we have young backs, and there are other FAs available.

But $3.8mil over 3 yrs. was a steal. We couldn't afford $1.5mil/yr off our $25mil cap space? No! TT tried to low-ball a successful, experienced blocking FB and once again came away with an empty sack.

It might not have been about the money. It's very likely griffith went with the nice paycheck, nice weather, and familiar coaches\scheme.

lets just say TT is a cheap ***. It's more fun that way anyway. Cheap bastard! (this IS fun)

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it possible that Griffith has other reasons to go to Oakland than just money? Maybe his wife is from CA. Maybe it was the coaches. Maybe he hates cold weather. Could be a multitude of things. Let's not be too quick to assume that Thompson didn't go out after him and felt that the money was too much.

Couldn't the fact that the previous GB FB only carried once in the last 3 years have something to do with it??????

It is not always JUST about money.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I have come to the conclusion that we arent planning on signing anyone who has any skills at all but dont worry im sure we will find plenty of dirt cheap players who come cheap for a reason BECAUSE THEY SUCK! we will get some more Marquand Manuels, Earl Little's, Adrian Klemm's, Arturo Freeman's, Matt O'Dwyers, Rod Gardners, Ben Taylors or Marc Boerigters GREAT SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I have come to the conclusion that we arent planning on signing anyone who has any skills at all but dont worry im sure we will find plenty of dirt cheap players who come cheap for a reason BECAUSE THEY SUCK! we will get some more Marquand Manuels, Earl Little's, Adrian Klemm's, Arturo Freeman's, Matt O'Dwyers, Rod Gardners, Ben Taylors or Marc Boerigters GREAT SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THESE are the posts I love. And i dont know if legend is joking or not, but these arouse my gentials. lol.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let's not forget woodson, picket, morency, rayner, etc.

I haven't seen this much complaining on a forum since I went to the bears forum for a visit....

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have also come to the conclusion now 100% before it was just 90% that Joe Arrigo is a complete dumba$$ and has no idea what in the hell he is talking about. Anyone got his email or anything so we can tell him to stop wasting his time posting a bunch of crap that isnt true

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is Joe Arrigo?

the damn guy on packerchatters.com who posts "On the Sidelines" he has supposed inside sources and he says all this crap that never happens he said the packers are close to signing a deal with Justin Griffth it should be done before friday blah blah blah The packers and Justin Griffth are working on a deal he will be a packer by monday blah blah blah my name is Joe Arrigo and im a f!$###!$ing moron, hey if he said that atleast he would hit the nail on the head for something.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Arrigo FYI

Right. As I said on my gm tt review and f/as watch, Joe Arrigo is feeling real embarrassed tonight. Regretfully, he is considered a reliable source whatever that means to fans. He is a strong Packer fan who would like to see a scenario in next two years that future HOF Brett Favre can go out in style.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Joe Arrigo FYI

Right. As I said on my gm tt review and f/as watch, Joe Arrigo is feeling real embarrassed tonight. Regretfully, he is considered a reliable source whatever that means to fans. He is a strong Packer fan who would like to see a scenario in next two years that future HOF Brett Favre can go out in style.

Told you so.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might not have been about the money. It's very likely griffith went with the nice paycheck, nice weather, and familiar coaches\scheme.

Oakland is considered a disaster right now. If people start going there instead of Green Bay and money isn't the major factor, then the Packers have more problems then the public is aware.

Griffith didn't leave Green Bay with a contract in all likely hood and if he did it must not of been any good.

The Packers had a chance to upgrade at FB and they failed to do so with Griffith. Not every GM is perfect.

Reaction score
Well I think Trip and trom do make valid points.

Porky, it could very well be that Griffith saw Brett playing one more year, and then uncertainty looming and decided it may not be worth sticking around while the Packers find a heir apparent who grows into a decent QB (for all we know, it could years because Rodgers isn't a sure thing).

Or perhaps he met with McCarthy, and wasn't convinced he was an improvement over his previous coaches in Atlanta. He may very well be wrong, but his view made him cautious of joining GB.

Let's face it, last year we needed a LB and TT drafted Hawk, we needed a WR and he drafted Jennings, we needed a 3rd QB who could push Rodgers and perhaps replace Rodgers if he fails and we drafted Martin, we needed desperate O-line help and we drafted 3 o-linemen. We also needed a young RB, and I recall reports that the Packers intended to draft the Wisconsin RB in the 3rd, but the Lions beat them to it.

That tells me that TT DOES draft for need, but he takes a cautious approach when doing so. If TT thinks he can draft a FB, well given his success drafting for need last year it gives puts me at a bit more ease that he'll get us a decent FB soon enough.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Leonard would be a great fit if he buys into being a fullback. Prolly cost a second rounder, but he is an absolute stud.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great TT lets another one slide!

AADP - If Griffith questions the uncertainty of this team because of Brett, why the hell would he sign with Oakland? Please don't give me this crap about having connections in Oakland. Money Talks and whoever said TT tried to lowball him was DEAD ON.

So now we lost our starting RB, FB, and have replaced them with nothing. We have 1 more year of Brett and TT has cap room to improve this team and he doesn't. We went 8-8 and now are on the decline thus far this offseason. I don't know if there is anyone that is out there that will be equal or better than Green left on the market and its a pipe dream a rookie will be able to match his output.

Have no fear Ted as long as you go 8-8 every year certain Packer fans will think your Jesus. Mediocrity is acceptable to some I guess.

I am not bummed I came to the realization along time ago that as long as TT is in charge we will be celebrating 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. You can't polish a **** Ted. Get off your wallet and spend some of that Jack, that makes you god for hording to some, and get some players in here that are capable of actually improving this team whle Brett is still around.

Ted Thompson is a disaster

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pyle is right........

Players always go where the most money is...

Just ask Vinatieri, and Arrington...

Almost forgot.. K Robinson, he was offered more from Ted in 2005? but decided to stay with Minnesota then cuz they gave him a 2nd chance.

Reaction score
AADP - If Griffith questions the uncertainty of this team because of Brett, why the hell would he sign with Oakland? Please don't give me this crap about having connections in Oakland. Money Talks and whoever said TT tried to lowball him was DEAD ON.

I agree with this. If Brett was a factor, then there is no way Griffith would head straight to Oakland.

It could also be possible that Griffith, being only like 25/26, likes to enjoy the nightlife. There certainly isn't much of an urban nightlife in GB, and there is certainly much more of that in Oakland. That could've been the deciding factor.

If it was, then we can't really blame TT, because there is nothing he could have done to appease Griffith on that issue.

So now we lost our starting RB, FB, and have replaced them with nothing. We have 1 more year of Brett and TT has cap room to improve this team and he doesn't. We went 8-8 and now are on the decline thus far this offseason. I don't know if there is anyone that is out there that will be equal or better than Green left on the market and its a pipe dream a rookie will be able to match his output.

Have no fear Ted as long as you go 8-8 every year certain Packer fans will think your Jesus. Mediocrity is acceptable to some I guess.

I am not bummed I came to the realization along time ago that as long as TT is in charge we will be celebrating 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. You can't polish a **** Ted. Get off your wallet and spend some of that Jack, that makes you god for hording to some, and get some players in here that are capable of actually improving this team whle Brett is still around.

Ted Thompson is a disaster

I'd be lying if I said that that I think TT is gearing up to make a run at the SB with Brett.

IMO TT is doing well for the future of the Packers, and he isn't gonna speed up his process for anyone, including Brett.

Having Brett certainly makes things easier in the time being, because Brett is still a solid QB. Regardless I think TT has all but publicly declared he won't go out of his way to make this team a SB contender in the short term.

I can't say I blame him entirely, I mean getting aging veterans to make one final run might be a 1 or 2 year solution to competing (but not necessarily winning), but I think Ted believes going that route would just make rebuilding a bigger prospect in the future.

I am ticked off, because like any fan I want to see Brett go out on top. However, I am also sort of content that TT is building for life after Brett already.

It may well turn out TT was wrong in not trying to go for it all during Brett's final year(s), because the Packers may not win a SB again for a while. Or TT's tough D/power run philosophy might just be what this team needs to have success post Brett-era.

Either way, I think it is too early to judge TT. If the Packers can contend for a SB 3-4 years down the line, TT did his duty. If they don't, TT made a huge mistake not trying to go for it during Favre's final years.

Only time will tell if TT is a disaster.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im dissapointed, cap room form what???

we have enough to extend barnett then sign some offensive help

griffith and eric johnson bpth got contracts that GB could have afforded

Members online

Latest posts