Grifith to the Raiders

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com reports that Griffith is now a Raider.

The Raiders reached agreement Friday evening with Atlanta 's free-agent fullback Justin Griffith on a three-year, $3.8 million contract, completing a whirlwind day of activity in Oakland. The deal is contingent upon Griffith passing his physical.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was pinning a lot of my opinion on whether or not we could sign justin griffith, i remained patient, that begins to take a turn after reading this

-We couldn't offer up more than, what 1.25 million a year for a solid starter despite all of our cap space
-We couldn't convince him that we were going in a better direction in the worst NFL franchise in the last two decades?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i haven't been worried about our lack of activity in free agency. i'm now a bit antsy. maybe it's all the beer i've been drinking, but i feel the need to punch a baby.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, I wanted him to sign here with the pack but for me this is a pleasant surprise :thumbsup:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I agree with you Hates, I'm starting to feel a bit worried.

Griffith would've been awesome, especially since Miree has an injury history.

I am very worried. Green Bay couldn't offer him a little more than a mil a year for 3 years to play for us?

Arguably outside of RB, TE, and WR our biggest need is FB on offense. It would of been a nice signing for the Packers. Instead a nice one by the Raiders.

Perhaps the Packers are overconfident with some of the players they have on their roster.

Reaction score
I don't know if the Packers saw something that made them worried with signing Griffith, so I'll wait before I get completely ticked off that TT didn't sign him.

Still, this is a great deal, and I find it hard to believe Griffith got over payed. I'd like to here an explanation by TT.

Or perhaps this is an indication that TT plans on taking Leonard in the 2nd round... the thought does cheer me up...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the Packers saw something that made them worried with signing Griffith, so I'll wait before I get completely ticked off that TT didn't sign him.

Still, this is a great deal, and I find it hard to believe Griffith got over payed. I'd like to here an explanation by TT.

Or perhaps this is an indication that TT plans on taking Leonard in the 2nd round... the thought does cheer me up...

Contract is like 3 years/3.8 million. He was far from overpaid.

I think the Packers are currently overvaulting the talent on the roster.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I'm officially pissed...I was being patient but there's no reason at all why we shouldn't have been able to get Griffith.

I'm picturing Miree and Morency carrying the load in '07. I know that's probably not the way we're going but it is a little scary now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt get a talented fullback. thats a travesty i guess, if the season started next week.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy for me to let Ahman go when I see the $$$ the Texans spent to get him but c'mon Justin Griffith would have been a huge upgrade at the FB position and it could have done fairly cheap. I'm disappointed in this one - just being honest.

BTW, I'm glad TT takes the approach of not jumping into free agency and spending like a blind idiot the first few days though...this is just a player that I really think could have helped the Pack right away.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy for me to let Ahman go when I see the $$$ the Texans spent to get him but c'mon Justin Griffith would have been a huge upgrade at the FB position and it could have done fairly cheap. I'm disappointed in this one - just being honest.

BTW, I'm glad TT takes the approach of not jumping into free agency and spending like a blind idiot the first few days though...this is just a player that I really think could have helped the Pack right away.

My thoughts exactly. Anytime you can upgrade your team at a reasonable price you have to make that move in my opinion. The Packers let this one get away.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love threads like this.

the sky is falling!

Do you have anything valuable to add to the discussion?Perhaps something to help those that are pissed off that we lost out on Griffith?

um, how about this nugget: we went through this same stuff last year. Why people expect different is the true definition of insanity.

It seems people think the roster GB has right this moment, is going to be the roster they walk into training camp with. c'mon now.

packers fans, you sadden me.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have Cable and Knapp from Atlanta so I'm thinking that was a big part of his decision. He got to stick with his coaching staff from the previous year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have Cable and Knapp from Atlanta so I'm thinking that was a big part of his decision. He got to stick with his coaching staff from the previous year.

No, its cuz TT is cheap. It has nothing to do with wanting a comfort level with familiar coaches.

Members online

Latest posts