1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Griese to Chicago

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by tromadz, Mar 22, 2006.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think it's in amy way, shape, or form a fear of failure. He "failed" every year he didn't win the Super Bowl. To me, it's caring more about your team if you are honest and saying I'm tired, and might not want to do this anymore. And if I'm not 100% commited to it, then i would be letting down my team mates, the fans, the organization to just go through the motions in order to collect a big paycheck.
    Is THAT a fear of failing? Don't think so.

2. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I never said that Favre is a coward. Why does everyone keep bringing up Fave's father, grandmother or other family members?

There are many, including myself, who have had just as much hardship in life as Brett Favre has had and probably more.
    I lost my father and both of my grandmothers in a 6-month span.
    My brother died with out any warning at a young age. My best friend died of AIDS at 32. My wife's mother died the same week that my daughter was born. My wife had 2 miscarriages in less than a year. On top of that she has some serious health issues and is having surgery again next Friday. Her 9th surgery since we were married.
    My daughter’s appendix ruptured when she was 10, needed emergency surgery to have her intestines removed, cleaned and placed back inside and now has a ten-inch scar to prove it. You want to talk about heartbreaking.
    We all have had to deal with life’s tragedies but we can't just decide to retire in our 30s with millions in the bank. We go back to work and try to put our lives back together. Spare me about Brett's personal troubles because I would trade places with his hard times in a heartbeat.

3. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is ridiculous. Aaron Rodger better than Brian Griese? :-? Give me a break. This is Homerism at it's finest. Favre 10 years ago was better, now I don't know, he's definitely better at throwing interceptions though.

4. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    You might want to check Griese's numbers( not too bad), but then again denial is the first sign of FEAR. :D

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    would i rather have Griese over a green QB, hell yes. but lets not go crazy and call him any good...mediocre might be a better adjective for him. maybe i'm crazy, maybe Bob Griese strikes FEAR into any defense he faces!! :wink:

6. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather GB had Chris Simms..over Aaron Rodgers..

oh well..will never happen!

7. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    the kid made some strides last year, but since i labeled him a future flop in college i need him to revert back to sucking in order for me to be right. i am that vain... :lol:

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    another wife beater.

9. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    He's pretty good. If you're too blind to see it just because he'll be in a Bears uniform, then so be it. Ignorance is bliss. :wink:

10. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I rather have Favre.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This is true gopack............maybe by August we will know who is the Packer QB this year...........maybe

12. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey, it'll be Favre. Even I know that. :wink:

13. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    c'mon Sacker. do you think i would have problems admitting you guys made a nice acquisition? i thought he stunk in Denver and Tampa...subsequently, i think he'll stink in Chicago, after grossman gets hurt of course. :wink:

he's definitely an upgrade over Orton though, can't deny that.

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Cundiff is an upgrade over Orton. (For the n00bs who don't know I know, Yes, I know two different positions. :p )

15. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    He didn't stink in Denver and he had Tampa at 5-1 before he got hurt last season which is more wins than Brett Favre had in 16 games, but hey Orton won more games than "The Selfish One" too(ouch). I said Griese is pretty good and nothing more and he is. Sure he's not Favre, Elway, Marino good/great, but how many QB's are. I can see your standards being a little high, seeing as how you've been spoiled at the QB position for 15 years, which by the way will soon come to an end. I know you are really hoping Rex goes down because he's undefeated aginst your fudgies so far. I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one.

16. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A parapeligic is an upgrade over orton.

17. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    cut it out buddy! i'm a football fan first so this doesn't have anything to do with who's QB'ing for the Packers. Griese has reached 3k yards once in 6 or 7 years? maybe twice, i'll double check. those aren't favorable stats by any means my man. if you want to compare him to Favre last year then be my guest...you're setting the benchmark a little low if you ask me.

if you think he's good, fantastic. we'll see what he does for you guys if he gets on the field...if he performs above average, it wouldn't be the first time i was wrong.

18. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0

Ohhh sweet denial.

19. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least he's 2-0 against the Packers. lol

20. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Griese gets to compete for starter with a good team. Good for him.

The Bears have some needed insurance if Grossman gets hurt again. Good for the Bears.

The Bears also have a developmental guy in Orton for the future. Again good for the Bears.

The Bears are not worse in this pick up. It puts pressure on all three of their QB's. With the multi-year contract to Griese, Orton will have to earn heir apnt status again. The best outcome for the Bears is if Orton continues to improve to the point where the Bears can trade away one of the other 2 in 2007 or 2008.

21. PackerSacker54

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the way I see it. Very intelligent insight. Nice post. :D

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    If it's how you see it why didn't you post it instead of waiting for a PACKER fan to?

;)

23. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

-If an American said this quote instead of Yamamoto, it would be less poignant.

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Your comment wasn't worth saying it twice, nor once for that matter :p

25. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol. my bad