Gregg Jennings injury

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping that a grade 2 MCL sprain is the worst thing we hear... Although I remember Cutler having a grade 2 MCL sprain in that NFCC game last year and he was up walking around on it. Forte is currently rehabbing a grade 2 MCL sprain and he too got up and walked off under his own power, walked to the locker room too. GJ is a tough dude and he was having a very difficult time getting off the field. And had to be carted to the locker room. Really hoping it's nothing more serious than that.

The thing is that knee injuries feel so strange. If you have had them, you know what I'm talking about. There's really nothing like the sensation; as if your muscles and tendons are replaced with jello. And the pain that goes with them vary so greatly by the individual. My point is that you really can't judge the severity of the injury by the body language.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
glad to see you think I am ignorant. seems like a good way to try and start something on the internet with someone. You are entitled to your opinion, but just be careful throwing stones.

I trust the offense. I trust Rodgers. I trust McCarthy. They have plenty of options. Moving Finley to WR full time, and you have a 5 set of Finley, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, and Driver. Ridiculous still. As always TT is a genius to resign JJ. This is an offense that for the first 5 or so weeks had the headlines of certain players not getting enough targets, losing 1 piece isnt going to bring down the house of cards. I might feel differently if Jennings was Randy Moss ala 07, but he is not.

This offense will roll as long as Aaron Rodgers is at the helm, so yes, meh.

First off, I didn't call you ignorant. I said that the statement was ignorant, which in my opinion, it is. Step back from the ledge and don't react so defensively.

As far as your reasoning behind the statement, Finley is great on the outside, but he is not a WR and is not fast enough to make the deep patterns that Jennings makes, which stretch the rest of the field for the other WRs/TEs. And let me ask you, when the ball is in the air, who would you rather have ready to catch it? Jennings or Jones? And when was the last time Jordy was thrust into the role of WR1 and was saddled with the opposing team's best corner? Never, so we're not exactly sure how he will respond. Add to that, a Donald Driver, who, as much as I love him, is declining and unable to fill the WR1 void left by Jennings. Add to that a rookie WR, whom we have seen can have mental lapses and I would say that you are SEVERELY underestimating Jennings importance to the team and Rodgers. He doesn't need to be 6'6" and run a 4.3 like Moss to be one of the best and most influential WRs in the league. Ask Marvin Harrison and Payton Manning, when Harrison went down with an injury. Did Manning and the Colts turn into doormats? No and neither will the Packers or Rodgers, as I said when I said we should be able to ride out the injury if it's not season ending. Does the loss of Jennings deserve more than a "meh"? Uhhhh, yeah, it does.

P.S. I wasn't trying to start something, but I'm sorry to you if you took it that way. It almost seemed like you were trying to start something with your seemingly indifference to a Packer getting injured, as if to say "Meh, who cares he got injured. We have other guys." So, I would heed your own advice and say you are entitled to your opinion, but you may want to watch how you word some of your statements.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I didn't call you ignorant. I said that the statement was ignorant, which in my opinion, it is. Step back from the ledge and don't react so defensively.

As far as your reasoning behind the statement, Finley is great on the outside, but he is not a WR and is not fast enough to make the deep patterns that Jennings makes, which stretch the rest of the field for the other WRs/TEs. And let me ask you, when the ball is in the air, who would you rather have ready to catch it? Jennings or Jones? And when was the last time Jordy was thrust into the role of WR1 and was saddled with the opposing team's best corner? Never, so we're not exactly sure how he will respond. Add to that, a Donald Driver, who, as much as I love him, is declining and unable to fill the WR1 void left by Jennings. Add to that a rookie WR, whom we have seen can have mental lapses and I would say that you are SEVERELY underestimating Jennings importance to the team and Rodgers. He doesn't need to be 6'6" and run a 4.3 like Moss to be one of the best and most influential WRs in the league. Ask Marvin Harrison and Payton Manning, when Harrison went down with an injury. Did Manning and the Colts turn into doormats? No and neither will the Packers or Rodgers, as I said when I said we should be able to ride out the injury if it's not season ending. Does the loss of Jennings deserve more than a "meh"? Uhhhh, yeah, it does.

P.S. I wasn't trying to start something, but I'm sorry to you if you took it that way. It almost seemed like you were trying to start something with your seemingly indifference to a Packer getting injured, as if to say "Meh, who cares he got injured. We have other guys." So, I would heed your own advice and say you are entitled to your opinion, but you may want to watch how you word some of your statements.

Heed my own advice? Calling someones comment "hysterical" and "ignorant" is clearly just trying to pick a fight. We try and keep this board civil and without drama so you should tone it down, otherwise people like you tend to not last very long on this forum.

Greg jennings isnt Marvin Harrison. Thats the best tandem in NFL history, not a very accurate comparison. Manning never had the depth like Rodgers does.

I believe Finley would strongly disagree with you that he isnt a WR. In fact expect him to demand to be tagged as a WR in the offseason due to the number of snaps he plays in the slot or wide.

This conversation reminds me of last season when I didnt react strongly to the season ending injury of Finley and other forum members went crazy and said the season was over. I expect much of the same.

D

Dan115

Heed my own advice? Calling someones comment "hysterical" and "ignorant" is clearly just trying to pick a fight. We try and keep this board civil and without drama so you should tone it down, otherwise people like you tend to not last very long on this forum.

Greg jennings isnt Marvin Harrison. Thats the best tandem in NFL history, not a very accurate comparison. Manning never had the depth like Rodgers does.

I believe Finley would strongly disagree with you that he isnt a WR. In fact expect him to demand to be tagged as a WR in the offseason due to the number of snaps he plays in the slot or wide.

This conversation reminds me of last season when I didnt react strongly to the season ending injury of Finley and other forum members went crazy and said the season was over. I expect much of the same.

What about calling someones comment complete nonsense?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Cat, remember that some of our backups are fresh on the scene and making a huge presence! Examples being Robert Francois and Mr. Taylor. Both have really stepped up and rocked so far in such a short time.

I am NOT trying to say that Greg Jennings shouldn't be missed, over-looked, or down played but I AM saying that we still have a very potent, and electrifying offense. If Jennings is gone for the next week or two, Finley will become the most watched receiver I would guess, and that can STILL allow Driver, Jordy, Jones, and Co. to free up. Not to mention we have the QB in Aaron Rodgers that can get the ball to those guys with ease. Did you SEE that bomb to Nelson?! The ball just dropped into Jordy's arms right in between two defenders (IIRC.)

Anyways, at the end of day I just hope Greg is doing well and his injury is not that serious.

I'm trying to keep all that in perspective, believe me. It's just that I'm very partial to Jennings!!! :)

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is that knee injuries feel so strange. If you have had them, you know what I'm talking about. There's really nothing like the sensation; as if your muscles and tendons are replaced with jello. And the pain that goes with them vary so greatly by the individual. My point is that you really can't judge the severity of the injury by the body language.

Thanks for that insight. I've never injured my knee, which I'm thankful for considering how many sports I played throughout high school. I can kind of visualize what you're talking about though. Always makes me feel funny when I think about knee ligaments being stretched and torn... Yeeesh

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo... I really don't think that Maccadon3000 was trying to start a fight. You've given him a few opportunities in your responses to him that if he wanted to, he could have let it develop into a back and forth bickering. He has not. It's a difference of opinion, no big deal, that's what we're here for anyways. Discussions on opinions that vary from our own. You don't think the potential loss of Jennings is a huge blow, he does. Personally, I had Jennings in the top 5 of guys I would hate to lose this year after we already lost Collins and Clifton. Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson, Williams and Jennings. I think losing Jennings this year would be far more devastating than when we lost Finley last year. Finley is a decent TE. That's about it. He does not have the speed or apparently the hands to be effective this year. Last year we had a guy like Jennings who stepped up in a huge way to ease the loss of Finley. I honestly don't at all think that Finley has the ability to do that for us. He will tell us all that he does, but when it comes down to it, he won't. And trust me, I hope like hell that I'm wrong about Finley if we in fact do lose Jennings. I just don't see it happening.

No, our offense won't just stop putting up points without Jennings. The offense, like you said will continue to move the ball. The only guy we could lose that would cause our offense to come to a screeching hault is #12. But how many times on 3rd down does #85 get us 1st and 10? It seems like about a 50% chance that if we are sitting on 3rd and whatever Jennings is the dude that comes through to give us a new set of downs. He has a better rapport with Rodgers than any other WR/TE on our roster. The two know exactly what the other is thinking and it's the small things like that, that lets the offense do a lot of what they do and that is what would be missed the most I think.

Regardless, this, just like Maccadon3000's post is just my opinion, you obviously don't agree with it, which is fine by me. I'm not asking you to. I'm just doing what we do on forums, throwing my .02 in...

One thing we can agree on is hoping that Jennings dodges a bullet here and can come back and help us get another title!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo... I really don't think that Maccadon3000 was trying to start a fight. You've given him a few opportunities in your responses to him that if he wanted to, he could have let it develop into a back and forth bickering. He has not. It's a difference of opinion, no big deal, that's what we're here for anyways. Discussions on opinions that vary from our own. You don't think the potential loss of Jennings is a huge blow, he does. Personally, I had Jennings in the top 5 of guys I would hate to lose this year after we already lost Collins and Clifton. Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson, Williams and Jennings. I think losing Jennings this year would be far more devastating than when we lost Finley last year. Finley is a decent TE. That's about it. He does not have the speed or apparently the hands to be effective this year. Last year we had a guy like Jennings who stepped up in a huge way to ease the loss of Finley. I honestly don't at all think that Finley has the ability to do that for us. He will tell us all that he does, but when it comes down to it, he won't. And trust me, I hope like hell that I'm wrong about Finley if we in fact do lose Jennings. I just don't see it happening.

No, our offense won't just stop putting up points without Jennings. The offense, like you said will continue to move the ball. The only guy we could lose that would cause our offense to come to a screeching hault is #12. But how many times on 3rd down does #85 get us 1st and 10? It seems like about a 50% chance that if we are sitting on 3rd and whatever Jennings is the dude that comes through to give us a new set of downs. He has a better rapport with Rodgers than any other WR/TE on our roster. The two know exactly what the other is thinking and it's the small things like that, that lets the offense do a lot of what they do and that is what would be missed the most I think.

Regardless, this, just like Maccadon3000's post is just my opinion, you obviously don't agree with it, which is fine by me. I'm not asking you to. I'm just doing what we do on forums, throwing my .02 in...

One thing we can agree on is hoping that Jennings dodges a bullet here and can come back and help us get another title!!

I think the Clifton loss has been huge and rarely talked about. The drop off was huge. But the silver lining is that he was already headed out the door at his age and injury history.

I'm not trying to cut down on Jennings, I'm merely praising Teds ability to put together an offense that has so many weapons that losing one won't send the offense scrambling.

The only weapon we can't lose is Rodgers, and if we did I still feel we would be on the 49ers level. Flynn for president

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The left tackle position is still up in the air. We saw them using Newhouse and Sherrod both there yesterday. Clifton may be on the way out but we need 6 more games out of him. Yes his loss has been huge.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yes IVO the Clifton loss has been pretty big. So has the Collins loss. I would honestly take back all of our injuries last year just to have Clifton and Collins back.

Members online

Latest posts