Gregg Jennings injury

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough. How long is he out? I mean who do play the Chiefs, Caleb led Bears in the next two weeks so hopefully he's back by playoffs

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/kneeligamentinjuries/p/MCL-Treatment.htm

Treatment of an MCL teardepends on the severity of the injury. Treatment always begins with allowing the pain to subside, beginning work on mobility, followed by strengthening the knee to return to sports and activities. Bracing can often be useful for treatment of MCL injuries.
Fortunately, most often surgery is not necessary for the treatment of an MCL tear. In some specific circumstances, surgery may be recommended. Most often, surgery is used for treatment of the most severe MCL injuries.

Grade I MCL Tears:
Grade I tears of the MCL usually resolve completely within a few weeks.

Grade II MCL Tears:
When a grade II MCL injury occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. The hinged knee brace will allow you to bend the knee, but provide support to the injured ligament. Otherwise, the treatment principles are the same as those for patients with a grade I MCL tear.
Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain directly over the MCL or symptoms of instability. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within three or four weeks after their injury.

Grade III MCL Tears:
When a grade III MCL tear occurs, patients should brace their knee and use crutches until pain has subsided. The knee can be immobilized for a few days initially, but early range-of-motionwill help in the healing process.
Once the patient can begin bending their knee, early range-of-motion exercises should commence, including stationary bicycling. Normal walking and progression to jogging can begin as pain allows. Use of a hinged knee brace is usually very helpful to support the knee, especially in the earlier stages of rehab. Most athletes return to sports about three months after a grade III MCL tear.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is 100% by the chiefs game, but if not I would rather be safe than sorry and see him in the playoffs. Cobb, Driver, Finley, Nelson, Crabtree, and the new addition of Taylor are still pretty scary.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
To be fair knee sprain basically is the same thing. A sprain is a tear. So the team was right.....it's a sprain. How much a tear is yet to be determined. "MCL tear" just sounds a lot worse then "knee sprain."
Currently Matt Forte has a grade 2 MCL sprain/tear.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I hope he is 100% by the chiefs game, but if not I would rather be safe than sorry and see him in the playoffs. Cobb, Driver, Finley, Nelson, Crabtree, and the new addition of Taylor are still pretty scary.

Yeah I don't think that's going to be possible. His return is probably going to be in the divisional round of the playoffs

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's depressing news that really ruins all the fun of that game. (Actually I didn't enjoy most of the game because I kept on waiting for Rodgers to get his 40th TD, and instead he threw a pick and ended the 100+ rating streak.) I'm not ready to panic due to the fact that we do have other guys who can step in.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't forget Jones. While I think Jennings' presence to this team is invaluable, not only catching passes, but also drawing coverage, if we had to lose our star from a certain position, WR is our deepest in my opinion. We are still 3 deep with quality, veteran players in DD, Jordy and Jones. Add Cobb to the mix, and we should be able to ride out Jennings absence, provided its not of the season ending variety. Like last year, other players are just going to have to step up. My wishes for a speedy, yet full, recovery for Greg.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If PFT is right and it's an MCL it's actually the best case scenario for him.

Jennings has knee sprain, will undergo MRI
Coach Mike McCarthy classified Greg Jennings' Week 14 injury as a "knee sprain."​
McCarthy doesn't "have a feel for how serious" the injury is at this point. Jennings will be sent for further testing, likely including an MRI, on Monday. An MCL sprain or slight mensicus tear would put Jennings in the 2-6 week range whereas a patella or ACL injury would end his season. We also wouldn't rule out the possibility that Jennings will end up day-to-day while avoiding a significant injury.​
Dec 11 - 8:01 PM​

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess it is a Grade 1 or 2. It is very rare to have a grade 3 without blowing out your entire knee. The mechanism of injury would be pretty gruesome like Quarless. A grade 3 means you tore the entire thing in half basically. I would expect to see him full go for the 1st playoff game.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't sound too serious greg sitting a should be cool i wonder how Jordy would fare as the #1

jza80dreams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK!

Hope he's okay and back for the playoffs. Greg and Jordy are just as good and sure handed as each other, but twice as nice is always a plus.

In the meantime, I expect Cobb/Jones to not drop catches.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm troubled by the injury to Jennings. He's a vital part of this offense, on and off the field. All this has turned me into a nervous wreck. I just sit around every week wondering who is gonna go next. It really isn't a good thing to be having so many injuries this late in the season, that's the kind of thing you would want to happen early in the season if at all. Hopefully these injuries are minor. We are already locked into the playoffs, I'm going to reverse what I said earlier and say we should bench some starters. The reason last season worked for us is because most of those injuries occurred early enough in the season to give our backups almost a full season to play. By the time the playoffs rolled around, they were as good as starters. I don't like injuries to occur late in the season, especially to essential players like Jennings. I'm going to say a real long prayer tonight that all our Packers heal up swiftly and come back to us. They might want to just sit Jennings next week as a precaution even if the injury is minor.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm troubled by the injury to Jennings. He's a vital part of this offense, on and off the field. All this has turned me into a nervous wreck. I just sit around every week wondering who is gonna go next. It really isn't a good thing to be having so many injuries this late in the season, that's the kind of thing you would want to happen early in the season if at all. Hopefully these injuries are minor. We are already locked into the playoffs, I'm going to reverse what I said earlier and say we should bench some starters. The reason last season worked for us is because most of those injuries occurred early enough in the season to give our backups almost a full season to play. By the time the playoffs rolled around, they were as good as starters. I don't like injuries to occur late in the season, especially to essential players like Jennings. I'm going to say a real long prayer tonight that all our Packers heal up swiftly and come back to us. They might want to just sit Jennings next week as a precaution even if the injury is minor.

Hey Cat, remember that some of our backups are fresh on the scene and making a huge presence! Examples being Robert Francois and Mr. Taylor. Both have really stepped up and rocked so far in such a short time.

I am NOT trying to say that Greg Jennings shouldn't be missed, over-looked, or down played but I AM saying that we still have a very potent, and electrifying offense. If Jennings is gone for the next week or two, Finley will become the most watched receiver I would guess, and that can STILL allow Driver, Jordy, Jones, and Co. to free up. Not to mention we have the QB in Aaron Rodgers that can get the ball to those guys with ease. Did you SEE that bomb to Nelson?! The ball just dropped into Jordy's arms right in between two defenders (IIRC.)

Anyways, at the end of day I just hope Greg is doing well and his injury is not that serious.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meh, its the deepest position on the team. No worries.

Hysterical. How can you say "meh"? I also just pointed out how WR is our deepest position, but to say "meh" to losing Jennings is pretty ignorant. He does more for the offense then just fill the stats column. The attention he draws from defenses, not to mention being the most dependable and targeted WR by Rodgers deserves a little more then just "meh". Can Jordy or Jones make catches also. Yeah. Is it alot easier when Jennings is drawing the best CB? Yeah.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Jennings arguably our most clutch receiver. Hard to replace that

Reaction score
These are unconfirmed reports that Jennings has an MCL tear which takes about 6 weeks to heal....which would be in time for the NFC Championship game. Even if it is a mild sprain or whatever, take him out for the rest of the regular season. When everybody asked why we re-signed Jones...it was for situations like this.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has 5 weeks to heal, hopefully he will be back before the 1st playoff match-up but this team has so much depth at the position it is possible to finish this season without him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hysterical. How can you say "meh"? I also just pointed out how WR is our deepest position, but to say "meh" to losing Jennings is pretty ignorant. He does more for the offense then just fill the stats column. The attention he draws from defenses, not to mention being the most dependable and targeted WR by Rodgers deserves a little more then just "meh". Can Jordy or Jones make catches also. Yeah. Is it alot easier when Jennings is drawing the best CB? Yeah.

glad to see you think I am ignorant. seems like a good way to try and start something on the internet with someone. You are entitled to your opinion, but just be careful throwing stones.

I trust the offense. I trust Rodgers. I trust McCarthy. They have plenty of options. Moving Finley to WR full time, and you have a 5 set of Finley, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, and Driver. Ridiculous still. As always TT is a genius to resign JJ. This is an offense that for the first 5 or so weeks had the headlines of certain players not getting enough targets, losing 1 piece isnt going to bring down the house of cards. I might feel differently if Jennings was Randy Moss ala 07, but he is not.

This offense will roll as long as Aaron Rodgers is at the helm, so yes, meh.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping that a grade 2 MCL sprain is the worst thing we hear... Although I remember Cutler having a grade 2 MCL sprain in that NFCC game last year and he was up walking around on it. Forte is currently rehabbing a grade 2 MCL sprain and he too got up and walked off under his own power, walked to the locker room too. GJ is a tough dude and he was having a very difficult time getting off the field. And had to be carted to the locker room. Really hoping it's nothing more serious than that.

But usually if it's a grade 3 MCL sprain, you damage other ligaments in the knee as well... fingers crossed!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts