Greg Jennings the next Fergie?

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Okay, the announcers said Jennings was fast and now we have a post'er saying he is fast.

When did this happen?

Did he pull a Jerry Rice? (****** 40, burner on the field?)

His 40 wasn't ******.

Who's 40 wasn't ****** and what was it?

Jennings. He ran a 4.42.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...ear=2006&GenPos=WR&sortorder=fourty&order=ASC

Let's go with something a little more reliable, shall we?

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
4.53 in the 40-yard dash...290-pound bench press...33-inch vertical jump...30 3/4?-inch arm length...9 1/4?-inch hands...Right-handed.

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/gregjennings.phtml

That's his campus time, which are notoriously off the mark since all the tracks are different.

He ran a 4.42 at the combine.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=488048

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Okay, the announcers said Jennings was fast and now we have a post'er saying he is fast.

When did this happen?

His 40 wasn't ******.

Jennings. He ran a 4.42.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...ear=2006&GenPos=WR&sortorder=fourty&order=ASC

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
4.53 in the 40-yard dash...290-pound bench press...33-inch vertical jump...30 3/4?-inch arm length...9 1/4?-inch hands...Right-handed.

his time at the combine could have been faster than his pro day.

but who cares??

the guy is elusive. i'm glad he's back and so is the rest of packer nation. right now, i still think greg's better than jones. but i really like having all three out there once.

i really want to see a fade thrown to ruvell martin in the endzone. we tried once in giant's game but ruvell got tripped up by the cornerback before he made it in the endzone. he got the pass interference and we got the touchdown. but i'm really curious if ruvell wouldbe a great fade route / jump ball kind of guy, ala TO, plaxico

I guess you completely missed the point ...
:shrug:

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:

When did this happen?

His 40 wasn't ******.

Jennings. He ran a 4.42.

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS

his time at the combine could have been faster than his pro day.

but who cares??

the guy is elusive. i'm glad he's back and so is the rest of packer nation. right now, i still think greg's better than jones. but i really like having all three out there once.

i really want to see a fade thrown to ruvell martin in the endzone. we tried once in giant's game but ruvell got tripped up by the cornerback before he made it in the endzone. he got the pass interference and we got the touchdown. but i'm really curious if ruvell wouldbe a great fade route / jump ball kind of guy, ala TO, plaxico

I guess you completely missed the point ...
:shrug:

I responded to your post before reading his post since you questioned my source. I thought I'd provide another that you found more to your liking.

I've argued with others about GJ being slow in the past so I'm used to this. No worries. :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
A lot of people were down on Greg Jennings these past two weeks, even comparing him to Robert Ferguson because of the injuries, but he looked fine today.

In his entire time here, did Fergie EVER make a play like the one Jennnings made today for the go-ahead TD? That was spectacular.

I hear ya.

The comparing to ferguson disgusted me. Like every team, some fans are just...(no name calling, trom, dont do it) unique.

But that one bothered me.

Jennings is a monster, get used to it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings timed speed and football speed are completely different ball games. Did you see that TD slant? He left ALL the defenders at least 10 yards behind him when he crossed the goal line. There was NOBODY close.

What does that mean? It means his timed speed is meaningless. Come football time, he leaves behind everyone, like Driver leaving behind Sharper. Or, kind of like that guy who used to play on the Niners, Jerry something. Jerry Bread? Jerry Pasta? Jerry Carbohydrates? Jerry Soybeans? Dang, forgot his name.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I responded to your post before reading his post since you questioned my source. I thought I'd provide another that you found more to your liking.

I've argued with others about GJ being slow in the past so I'm used to this. No worries. :D

Pleas sir, continue to preach to the choir!
PREACH
PREACH
PREACH

:shakes head:

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:

PREACH
PREACH
PREACH

So your initial post was sarcasm on your part. I got it. Its tough to pick up considering I've only really been posting here for the last week or two.

I don't know where the "Jennings is slow" talk came from anyway considering his on the field speed and the fact that he didn't test out slow at the combine.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:

PREACH
PREACH
PREACH

So your initial post was sarcasm on your part. I got it. Its tough to pick up considering I've only really been posting here for the last week or two.

I don't know where the "Jennings is slow" talk came from anyway considering his on the field speed and the fact that he didn't test out slow at the combine.

Coming out of college a lot of people bashed Ted for selecting him because he was too slow, yet you could find clips of him running by people, albeit, in college.

I've never said he's a burner, but he's Bubba running down the field either. He has the route running and ability to make people miss and on the right routes, he can out run quite a few. Which was proven on his THREE 70+ yard receptions, including pre season of 2006.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:

PREACH
PREACH
PREACH

Coming out of college a lot of people bashed Ted for selecting him because he was too slow, yet you could find clips of him running by people, albeit, in college.

I've never said he's a burner, but he's Bubba running down the field either. He has the route running and ability to make people miss and on the right routes, he can out run quite a few. Which was proven on his THREE 70+ yard receptions, including pre season of 2006.

Agreed. My apologies if we crossed wires in this thread.

GJ certainly has the explosiveness for big plays as you mentioned. DD led the NFL in RAC last year yet I consider Jennings the best RAC guy on the team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
GJ certainly has the explosiveness for big plays as you mentioned. DD led the NFL in RAC last year yet I consider Jennings the best RAC guy on the team.

No problems :) .. .I'm the king of misinterpretation lol

We have three WR I feel that are good after the catch and after Koren comes back, I think we'll have a legit deep threat. I say that with the backing of Brett as he took a keen interest in Koren and said he was the best deep threat the Packers have/had.

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check out GJ's post game interview @ packers.com

He's soooo amazingly humble...and his teammates were joking around with him (indication that he's truly a nice guy within the locker room...) How can you NOT love this guy...!!!

He said, "Brett did all the hard work, I just caught it..." <<-- WOW, Brett didn't do all the running... ahahhahahah

When asked what he said to Brett after TD, "I just told him thanks for the opportunity..." WOW again... what a guy...

When asked what Brett said to him, "He told me I love you...and it made me feel good...since we all know how much he loves "Drives" " hahahahah...he made all the reporters laugh!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check out GJ's post game interview @ packers.com

He's soooo amazingly humble...and his teammates were joking around with him (indication that he's truly a nice guy within the locker room...) How can you NOT love this guy...!!!

He said, "Brett did all the hard work, I just caught it..." <<-- WOW, Brett didn't do all the running... ahahhahahah

When asked what he said to Brett after TD, "I just told him thanks for the opportunity..." WOW again... what a guy...

When asked what Brett said to him, "He told me I love you...and it made me feel good...since we all know how much he loves "Drives" " hahahahah...he made all the reporters laugh!!!
Driver was giving him crap during the interview! Thats why Jennings was laughing and brought up Driver's name! It was CLASSIC! :lol:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
For some reason, i'm having trouble getting the Favre post game interview to work. All the rest of them work fine. Anyone else feeling my pain??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For some reason, i'm having trouble getting the Favre post game interview to work. All the rest of them work fine. Anyone else feeling my pain??

I have it posted on my site, in fact, its how I watch the videos because their method at Packers.com irritates me a lil bit :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'll come here and man up that I did bring up the Fergy thing a while ago. Problem is you bring up a thought and people always take it a step to the extreme. As far as my feelings went I just brought up a week ago that with all his nagging injuries I just hoped he wouldn't start becoming like Fergy. I did also say that I didn't see that happening. I think it just often hurts for a fan see a guy with all that talent and forever be held back by nagging injuries. I fully predict him to be a force but as someone asked, did Fergy ever do what Greg did yesterday? Well I remember being at Lambeau in 2002 and with the WR's being depleted he stepped up with 2 great td's to help in a come back win and everyone thought that was his break out game. Now though I fully expect Jennings to keep it going cause I think he has way more raw talent then Fergy ever did

Members online

Latest posts