Greg Jennings the next Fergie?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people were down on Greg Jennings these past two weeks, even comparing him to Robert Ferguson because of the injuries, but he looked fine today.

In his entire time here, did Fergie EVER make a play like the one Jennnings made today for the go-ahead TD? That was spectacular.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OUR WR'S ARE SICK AND UNSTOPPABLE. DRIVER, JENNINGS, JONES, MARTIN AHHHHHHHHH WATCHA GONNA DO!

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Rejoice doubters, for Gregorious has (kindly) decided not to make your heads explode for doubting him. :p

Let me take this opportunity to note that I have the same first name as Greg Jennings.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings came back with a boom!

Jones plays another great game and Driver has a big day as well! We have a pretty good receiver group! Ruvell Martin is a decent 4th receiver as well.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings said all along that he would play if the training staff would have let him.

Looks like the medical staff made a good call by sitting him the first two games.

Let's hope this approach work whenever Morency gets back. Because as much as I love watching Brett throw it all day, we still need to get a running game going before the playoffs start.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUD WR: D. Driver 6 rec, 126 yds, 1 TD, 46 longest

BURNER: G. Jennings 4 rec, 82 yds, 1 TD, 57 longest

POSESSION WR: J. Jones 6 rec, 79 yds, 26 longest

RECEIVING TE: D. Lee 4 rec, 44 yds, 18 longest

REDZONE TE: B. Franks 1 rec, 5 yds, 1 TD

Looks like Favre got a new set of toys...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too bad Ted Thompson didnt go out and buy up a speed receiver....

Jones was really solid today man. he made a bunch of tough grabs and got the possesion side of the passing game going. and donald... well hes just the donald.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nice breakdown, millertime. Donald Lee made a couple of very athletic plays today. He reminded me of some of the really good receiving tight ends we've had in the past, like Jackie Harris and Keith Jackson.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too bad Ted Thompson didnt go out and buy up a speed receiver....

Jones was really solid today man. he made a bunch of tough grabs and got the possesion side of the passing game going. and donald... well hes just the donald.
Yeah.....i agree......these 2nd tier guys we have are pretty soft! :wink: :lol:
Man.........I wish i could have been at the game today!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Okay, the announcers said Jennings was fast and now we have a post'er saying he is fast.

When did this happen?

Did he pull a Jerry Rice? (****** 40, burner on the field?)

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, the announcers said Jennings was fast and now we have a post'er saying he is fast.

When did this happen?

SHHHHHHHHHH! Don't tell anybody!

HE'S SLOW. HE'S SLOW. JUST LIKE ALL OF OUR OTHER RECEIVERS. WE DON'T HAVE ANY PLAYMAKERS.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When did this happen?

His 40 wasn't ******.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought Jennings was our fastest receiver. He's very deceptive with his speed as we saw in the beginning of last year. It doesn't look like he's running fast, but he manages to out run the defensive back.

The best part of Jennings' game is the run after the catch. And I know we're all glad to see him back.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Nice breakdown, millertime. Donald Lee made a couple of very athletic plays today. He reminded me of some of the really good receiving tight ends we've had in the past, like Jackie Harris and Keith Jackson.

That was a nice dive Lee had towards the end zone. You could tell he wanted to get in there for Brett. The offensive pass interference was a bad play, but i think Lee is used to pushing linebackers not corner backs. He sent that guy flying.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what his 40 time is, but if they ran the 40 with a football in their hands, he would probably be near the top. He seems to hit another gear the moment he catches the ball.

I've been watching the Channel 5 postgame show, and both guys they interviewed, Bubba Franks and Nick Barnett, said "The G Force is in full effect." I think they were talking about Jennings. I can't think of what else the "G Force" could be.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive pass interference was a bad play, but i think Lee is used to pushing linebackers not corner backs. He sent that guy flying.

That's a good take. It was still a blatant pushoff, but that does explain why he may have thought he could get away with it.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Rejoice doubters, for Gregorious has (kindly) decided not to make your heads explode for doubting him. :p

Not quite, my head did explode when he made that td catch and I hadn't even gotten to the point of doubting him yet. Gregorious, that was sick.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll always have injuries but the question is whether or not he can come back from that. In Fergy's case he couldn't. Now someone like Terrell Owens can. That's what I see in Jennings, just minus the mouth. :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:

When did this happen?

His 40 wasn't ******.

Who's 40 wasn't ****** and what was it?

Jennings. He ran a 4.42.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...ear=2006&GenPos=WR&sortorder=fourty&order=ASC

Let's go with something a little more reliable, shall we?

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
4.53 in the 40-yard dash...290-pound bench press...33-inch vertical jump...30 3/4?-inch arm length...9 1/4?-inch hands...Right-handed.

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/gregjennings.phtml

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:
Aytumious said:
Zero2Cool said:

When did this happen?

His 40 wasn't ******.

Who's 40 wasn't ****** and what was it?

Jennings. He ran a 4.42.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...ear=2006&GenPos=WR&sortorder=fourty&order=ASC

Let's go with something a little more reliable, shall we?

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
4.53 in the 40-yard dash...290-pound bench press...33-inch vertical jump...30 3/4?-inch arm length...9 1/4?-inch hands...Right-handed.

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/gregjennings.phtml

his time at the combine could have been faster than his pro day.

but who cares??

the guy is elusive. i'm glad he's back and so is the rest of packer nation. right now, i still think greg's better than jones. but i really like having all three out there once.

i really want to see a fade thrown to ruvell martin in the endzone. we tried once in giant's game but ruvell got tripped up by the cornerback before he made it in the endzone. he got the pass interference and we got the touchdown. but i'm really curious if ruvell wouldbe a great fade route / jump ball kind of guy, ala TO, plaxico

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really want to see a fade thrown to ruvell martin in the endzone. we tried once in giant's game but ruvell got tripped up by the cornerback before he made it in the endzone. he got the pass interference and we got the touchdown. but i'm really curious if ruvell wouldbe a great fade route / jump ball kind of guy, ala TO, plaxico

We are on the same page here. I was calling for this before last week's game. But with the top three receivers all healthy now, they probably don't need to throw a fade to the Rooster.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I don't know what his 40 time is, but if they ran the 40 with a football in their hands, he would probably be near the top. He seems to hit another gear the moment he catches the ball.

I've been watching the Channel 5 postgame show, and both guys they interviewed, Bubba Franks and Nick Barnett, said "The G Force is in full effect." I think they were talking about Jennings. I can't think of what else the "G Force" could be.

DID BARNETT JUST DUB THE DEFENSE???

Maybe G Force death squad?

Members online

Latest posts