Greg Jennings' secret?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe this has been posted before. I was looking through an old (Jan. 14th) Sports Illustrated, and found an article/interview with Greg Jennings. I don't have a scanner so you will have to settle for a picture from a cheap digital camera. And I will type out the interview.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

First Person
Greg Jennings
Packers Receiver
On playing with Brett Favre:
"You can't explain how smart he is. He's seen it all...before the defense even gives us their look, he has told us what the are going to go into. I'm trying to sponge up everything I can before my time with him is up."

Catching Favre's record 421st TD pass, a 16-yarder against the Vikings:
"I ran a slant, got leverage on my corner, and he hit me in stride. I'm grateful I could sneak in and be a small piece of his legacy."

Growing up in Kalamazoo, Mich. :
"It's a small town, and everyone knows my dad(Greg Sr.), who's a pastor. I would be outside playing and would have to go to Tuesday Bible study or Friday Bible study. I was always going to church. "

On marrying his hometown sweetheart, Nicole:
"We met in the fifth grad. I was attracted to her then, and I'm attracted to her now. We didn't actually start dating until after [Kalamazoo Central High], but it was as if we had been dating all along. In school, if I had a female friend, she'd be upset. She had a boyfriend, and I was upset."

Being a father to his year-old daughter, Amya:
"As much fun as she is, it's work..shes sees me and it's playtime!"

And now....his secret?

His pregame ritual:
"I use a blessed oil and anoint my body, I pray and ask God for his covering that no harm or danger come to me. It frees my mind."

His older sister, Valyncia:
"She was tougher on me than anyone. If I didn't perform to her standards in a game(at Western Michigan), I'd hear about it. My brother(Cortney) and I played AAU basketball, and once she said, 'If you or Cortney don't make it to the NFL or NBA, Mom and Dad wasted a bunch of money on you.' It was so true. It made me work even harder."

On critics saying he was too small (5'11", 197 pounds):
"I didn't listen, but I hear. You can only use it as fuel."

-As told to Joe Lemire

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings Jr? Greg Sr. isn't just a small-town pastor, he's gotta be like an archangel given flesh or something like that. You have Michael, Gabriel, and Greg.

I'm willing to bet that #85 has six toes....

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note, last night I watched the #420 and #421 games (Vs. SD/MN) that I had recorded, and I gotta say, I'm pumped about our receivers. And Bigby is a hard-core ****.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you or Cortney don't make it to the NFL or NBA, Mom and Dad wasted a bunch of money on you.

Ouch! Could you imagine a sibling saying something like that to you? Now, that's a lot of pressure.

As for that oil, we NEED to find out what kind of oil that is. That should be the #1 mission on pf.com.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you or Cortney don't make it to the NFL or NBA, Mom and Dad wasted a bunch of money on you.

Ouch! Could you imagine a sibling saying something like that to you? Now, that's a lot of pressure.

As for that oil, we NEED to find out what kind of oil that is. That should be the #1 mission on pf.com.
John Wayne's real name was "Marion Morrison".....can you see anyone going up to Duke and saying "Hi Marion!!!" :lol:

Ironman....thank you for posting that article! I didn't know all that stuff! :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

We need that guy form the nfl shop commercials that would hide in the locker rooms and steal jerseys and stuff out of the hampers

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

We need that guy form the nfl shop commercials that would hide in the locker rooms and steal jerseys and stuff out of the hampers

Good call, Longtime.

This job should be easy. Just find out what kind of oil he uses. Doesn't even need to steal it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Indiana Jones and the Annointing Oil

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Oil came from the Earth's molten core, Greg uses it to cool himself down before games.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts